Submit

Raimu_Fuyuki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:36 pm
Tea with Bubbly
Raimu_Fuyuki
Tea with Bubbly
`McLaren
Woo self debates! :D

He's actually never brought up the cult thing, but if he did, I'll keep that in mine.
Apparently my "friend" is too idiotic to pick out the big points of the series, even though he claims he knows everything about it.

Now, he brought up the whole "Light killed L first so he wins" thing, sorta like you said above. And I had to bash in his face that even though L was dead, through his successors, indirectly he sentence Kira in the end. And he keeps saying "nononononono D: Light won cause he killed L!" >>...
Stubborn little p***k D:

Pooo~! Stubborn indeed.

But here are a couple of points you can bring up. First point: technically, he didn't kill L. Someone else did the dirty deed for him. So in fact, Light had his DESIRE of L's elimination filled but he didn't actually kill him. Even if the Death Note isn't direct contact to begin with, he still wasn't the one who did it. Second, L understood the possibility he could die. He knew it very well which is why he was always prepared. Light on the other hand was not. He planned things well and he could think ahead but not to the extent L did.

Light was cocky. He was so sure that he would not die, that he would not lose. Light let the power of the Death Note get to him. He let the spoils of all his small victorious battles get to him. He is smart and clever don't get me wrong but he was cocky. Which personally, I think was one of the main reasons of his downfall.

So all in all it doesn't matter that L died first, I'm sure there was some part of him that was cocky as well but he knew that 'Hey, there's a good chance I might die.' he never had a huge god complex. But that fact that L prepared so much for the possibility that might happen, even if he didn't want it to (I mean really, who wants to be killed by Kira? xD ) it makes him the winner. >D

HA! Let's see your friend argue that! >3

I believe L won in the end cuz, Light did not suceed in creating all that "God of my own world" kind of stuff. If he still doesn't get it than rub it in his face, like Near did in the last moments of Light's life!

L lives on...in Near...and all fans of L...Light does not even fit into this equation...

L + Genius Detective = Justice on Kira
Light + Crazed Murderer = Death for all
(Don't ask me why, well, you could...)

xD
That was my whole point hun. :3

As much as I love L, I don't believe Light to be a complete crazed murderer... yes I know that sounds crazy but he had good intents.
I think he had some... paranoia about it all. He felt threaten by darn near everyone, of course he had good reason to feel that way but nonetheless instead of his paranoia turning into a fear it made him power hungry if you will.
If he didn't have the use of the Death Note when he needed it most I'm sure he'd be a little hermit right now. xD

Eh my logic is a bit strange, and it's kind of hard to put it into words, but what I'm trying to get at is that it's not Death for All. It was just heading for a tyrany. sweatdrop

Sorry... my brain unfortunately shut down on me this week, well no, since last week... I haven't been thinking right... But I really think light was a crazed murderer but he did in the end become what he was fighting against which is sad... If it was the other way, L & Light come have been best buddies... crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:56 am
My L plush was thought to be Sasuke the other day. emo  

Tea with Bubbly

Fluffy Inflatable Osaka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:51 pm
User Image

When I showed my sister a Death Note video, she thought L looked like a character from The Grudge.

Also, when I told her I wanted Light's laugh from the last episode as my ringtone, she thought I was emo.

I recently got a friend into Death note, and now when we go shopping, we look out for L and Light lookalikes.

There was an L lookalike who was a hairdresser at one point on our shopping trip.

On the same shopping trip, I saw and even better L lookalike holding hands and looking all loved up with a girl. A Light lookalike was walking behind him looking pretty jealous. xd

Previously Osaka Eats Your Grandma. Decided that it's more fun to be inflatable than eat Grandmas.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:35 pm
At school my friend and I are always doing random stuff like: "If you hit me, you're KIRA!" or "I know have 15% that you're Kira....YOU STOLE MY ICE CREAM!" or "Where's you're death note hm killer?" And sometimes when m friend is wearing a Ryuk shirt I'm like "KIRA! BANG" Everyone looks at me as I hide behind a chair. Then I'm like "He isn't armed, GO!" I roll on the ground and steal every writing thing. He blinks then tells on me. By then everyone is staring at me like I'm from another planet or something. I don't get them. I also sit like L and stalk L cosplayers O.o be warned.  

Kawaii Dormouse

1,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Bologna_Snowflakes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:37 pm
Raimu_Fuyuki
Tea with Bubbly
Raimu_Fuyuki
Tea with Bubbly
`McLaren

He's actually never brought up the cult thing, but if he did, I'll keep that in mine.
Apparently my "friend" is too idiotic to pick out the big points of the series, even though he claims he knows everything about it.

Now, he brought up the whole "Light killed L first so he wins" thing, sorta like you said above. And I had to bash in his face that even though L was dead, through his successors, indirectly he sentence Kira in the end. And he keeps saying "nononononono D: Light won cause he killed L!" >>...
Stubborn little p***k D:

Pooo~! Stubborn indeed.

But here are a couple of points you can bring up. First point: technically, he didn't kill L. Someone else did the dirty deed for him. So in fact, Light had his DESIRE of L's elimination filled but he didn't actually kill him. Even if the Death Note isn't direct contact to begin with, he still wasn't the one who did it. Second, L understood the possibility he could die. He knew it very well which is why he was always prepared. Light on the other hand was not. He planned things well and he could think ahead but not to the extent L did.

Light was cocky. He was so sure that he would not die, that he would not lose. Light let the power of the Death Note get to him. He let the spoils of all his small victorious battles get to him. He is smart and clever don't get me wrong but he was cocky. Which personally, I think was one of the main reasons of his downfall.

So all in all it doesn't matter that L died first, I'm sure there was some part of him that was cocky as well but he knew that 'Hey, there's a good chance I might die.' he never had a huge god complex. But that fact that L prepared so much for the possibility that might happen, even if he didn't want it to (I mean really, who wants to be killed by Kira? xD ) it makes him the winner. >D

I believe L won in the end cuz, Light did not suceed in creating all that "God of my own world" kind of stuff. If he still doesn't get it than rub it in his face, like Near did in the last moments of Light's life!

L lives on...in Near...and all fans of L...Light does not even fit into this equation...

xD

As much as I love L, I don't believe Light to be a complete crazed murderer... yes I know that sounds crazy but he had good intents.
I think he had some... paranoia about it all. He felt threaten by darn near everyone, of course he had good reason to feel that way but nonetheless instead of his paranoia turning into a fear it made him power hungry if you will.
If he didn't have the use of the Death Note when he needed it most I'm sure he'd be a little hermit right now. xD

Eh my logic is a bit strange, and it's kind of hard to put it into words, but what I'm trying to get at is that it's not Death for All. It was just heading for a tyrany. sweatdrop

Sorry... my brain unfortunately shut down on me this week, well no, since last week... I haven't been thinking right... But I really think light was a crazed murderer but he did in the end become what he was fighting against which is sad... If it was the other way, L & Light come have been best buddies... crying

Or how about this: Light lost from the very beginning. As smart as he was, he should have realized that his goal was impossible. No matter how many criminals and bad guys you kill, there will always be crime. People are imperfect beings. Even if he had somehow killed every person who had done anything wrong; of the innocent people left, some would eventually commit crimes. Seriously, Light should have been able to figure that one out. >_> way to go Einstein.

-waves an L flag-

Also, L knew from the beginning that Light was Kira. He just couldn't prove it to anyone else. I mean, c'mon. Light had freakin' death gods on his side! He's a little cheater. >< L died, yes, so technically one could say he "lost" but if he hadn't died, he was one step away from proving that Light was Kira. The way Light used Rem to kill him was freakin cheap. >_> Then, once L died, Near realized that Kira must be among the task force. Eventhough Near was all "blah blah i r better than L" he wouldn't have caught Light without everything L had done first.

-waves 2 L flags-

>_>;  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:26 pm
xXRikku of DyuumXx
Raimu_Fuyuki
Tea with Bubbly
Raimu_Fuyuki
Tea with Bubbly
`McLaren

Stubborn little p***k D:

Pooo~! Stubborn indeed.

xD

Or how about this: Light lost from the very beginning. As smart as he was, he should have realized that his goal was impossible. No matter how many criminals and bad guys you kill, there will always be crime. People are imperfect beings. Even if he had somehow killed every person who had done anything wrong; of the innocent people left, some would eventually commit crimes. Seriously, Light should have been able to figure that one out. >_> way to go Einstein.

-waves an L flag-

Also, L knew from the beginning that Light was Kira. He just couldn't prove it to anyone else. I mean, c'mon. Light had freakin' death gods on his side! He's a little cheater. >< L died, yes, so technically one could say he "lost" but if he hadn't died, he was one step away from proving that Light was Kira. The way Light used Rem to kill him was freakin cheap. >_> Then, once L died, Near realized that Kira must be among the task force. Eventhough Near was all "blah blah i r better than L" he wouldn't have caught Light without everything L had done first.

-waves 2 L flags-

>_>;

Huzzah~! An excellent point you have my dear! :D
It's human nature, you can't change that! Now if he wanted to make the world with less crime rather than no crime then it would be a different story so Light, you lose another point! >:3

Tea with Bubbly

The World Within

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:00 am
-randomly jumps in-
Am I the only one who was actually sad when Light died?
As crazy as he was, I kinda got a little attatched to the guy...
But anyway:

I agree with Tea-chan [haha. that sounds kind of funny, but I dont know what else to call you 0_0] Light had good intentions and he wasnt all bad. But the idea that you could eliminate evil from the world all together was just...assinine [for lack of a better term] and as smart as he was he couldnt see it.

No matter how you look at it, L was eventually the victor.
Light cheated...a LOT... neutral
And the way L died was crap and I want to punch Light in the face for pulling such a cheap dirty trick.

My own brain is not with me today...
Im sad...
:[  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:40 am
Next time your parent's fight over who's cooler can you record it? I'd really wanna hear/see that.

Out of boredom, I accused my friend of being Kira. It then turned out to be a four hour parady death note role play of when L and Light first met. Twas awesome.

One day, curious, I tried to sit all hunched up on my sofa... my mum asked me if I was "Drunk" or had "Back problems". I then fell of the sofa, and my foot got caught down the back of the and I semi- twisted my ankle. surprised Clever me!  

CyanideCherub

Bologna_Snowflakes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:23 am
TheAntiKira
-randomly jumps in-
Am I the only one who was actually sad when Light died?
As crazy as he was, I kinda got a little attatched to the guy...
But anyway:

I agree with Tea-chan [haha. that sounds kind of funny, but I dont know what else to call you 0_0] Light had good intentions and he wasnt all bad. But the idea that you could eliminate evil from the world all together was just...assinine [for lack of a better term] and as smart as he was he couldnt see it.

No matter how you look at it, L was eventually the victor.
Light cheated...a LOT... neutral
And the way L died was crap and I want to punch Light in the face for pulling such a cheap dirty trick.

My own brain is not with me today...
Im sad...
:[

You know, I'm torn. >_>; I spent half of the last episode laughing because I was so happy to see Light freakin' out and Matsuda shooting him. It made my day. But the second half made me sad. When he was running somehow with multiple gun shot wounds...like wtf Light it's time to stop being a cheater. >_>; Anyways...when he was running away, and he passed by his former self, that made me sad. It also made me think "Congratulations, you're an idiot!" >_>; Then when he finally died, I was sad... crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Me too. I really do hate him, but at the same time he has to be one of my favourite characters.
Hes just cool like that.

But hes just so smart hes stupid, and it tends to get annoying.
Ya know what I mean? sweatdrop

The World Within

KiRaSecRet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:57 am
I know, me too. I hated Light in that odd love-hate kinda way.
I was glad L was avenged and all...but I was sad to see the sadistic psychopath die...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:35 pm
Whenever im with my friendi always say something like"im 20% sure your Kira now" she'll ask me why and ill say something like "your smoking your ciggarette in your left hand....its something Kira would do"

We always end up doing the Death Note Dance off too.

Funnyest thing was when my mum saw me reading Death Note and said " Leanne your reading the book the worng way round" so then i started telling her that it was a manga and supposed to be like this...then tried to show her how to reead it. She wasnt interested in the slightest and when she saw Ryuk she thought he was scary and didnt wanna no anymore.  

Emo_Leanne_Nyappy

KiRaSecRet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:40 pm
Death Note Dance offs are always epic XD  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:46 pm
I's gots another story!

My friend and I have been over using Death Note jokes so on Thursday we were at outside and and had some string (O.O don't know why) and I grabbed my friend and tried the string around her. My other two friends which was a boy and girl stood by each of our sides and stared at me. I hit my friend onj the shoulder maing peope stop what they were doing, and began to circle us. I said, "HEY KIRA!" I said loudly, even getting the teacher's attention. "If you're Kira I can't let you out of my sights, there's no telling what you could do. I'm going to be testing you." I said again, by now everyone was around us that were outside.

I grabbed her hand and began a thump war. My friend sighed and broke the string and threw it at me. "This isn't working." She said and started a dance to no music. (Just like Kira's in the dance off.) My friend that was over on her side started to act like Misa while the people started to laugh and cheer. I cracked a smile and did the robot. People booed. My friend and I did the dance off, until the teachers said to go in....of course, I (L) won.

It was fun and random at the same time.  

Kawaii Dormouse

1,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:50 pm
Wow...these stories are making me go eek / xd / neutral / xp lol. For that whole debate, I think that L won from the beginning. He had a high suspiscion of Light from the moment he met him, and just couldn't prove it to others. When L died, it was by Rem's hands, not Light's, even if he manipulated her into doing it. And also, think about this, if Misa hadn't come along, he would've died long ago. Oh, and tell your friend that he should stop saying that Light won unless he wants to invoke the kick-wrath of L upon himself!

To other peoples, I was kinda sad when Light died. I pretty much hate him with his Death Note, and I absolutely love him without his memories. And I loved the fact that Matsuda was able to get back at everyone for mocking his stupidity by shooting the crap outta Light. I thought that was funny....

Anyhoos, for my story, I once had a debate with my friend Tiffany (MidnightMoon115) about which one of us would get L in the end, and eventually we agreed that we'd have to share him, but go on separate honeymoons, but she said, jokingly, that'd we'd end up having a threesome, to which some VERY disturbing mental images appeared in my mind. And then I started laughing hysterically and hyperventilating. And keep in mind this all took place during my lunch hour. I had a lot of weird stares, cuz all the people in the classroom that I eat in were kinda half-listening. It was a very random day, lemme tell ya.  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff