Reply Rude Discussion
Enough about Streetlight, dammit! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slag10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:39 am
only *Anounced* release is Medium Rare, a rarities album that will feature 3 new songs  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:30 pm
it releases in stores on the 18th
so lets all drop to our knees and thank the great and mighty ska gods for returning such a great band to us.  

mist-ery

Bloody Mittens

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:58 pm
mist-ery
it releases in stores on the 18th
so lets all drop to our knees and thank the great and mighty ska gods for returning such a great band to us.

agreed  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:45 pm
Careful you could get shot up talking bad about SM in here, lol. Its probally because theyre one of the few 3rd wave ska bands that features their horn section instead of their guitars.  

JustinGoSka

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:58 am
JustinGoSka
Careful you could get shot up talking bad about SM in here, lol. Its probally because theyre one of the few 3rd wave ska bands that features their horn section instead of their guitars.

It's quit the opposite around here... you talk about liking SM, you get flamed for being a "Kalnoky worshiper," since "Streetlight is the worst thing to happen to ska," etc, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:10 am
Melomaniacal
JustinGoSka

It's quit the opposite around here... you talk about liking SM, you get flamed for being a "Kalnoky worshiper," since "Streetlight is the worst thing to happen to ska," etc, etc.

I love Streetlight Manifesto. I think the influence of punk was the worst thing to happen to ska.  

JustinGoSka

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:04 pm
JustinGoSka
Melomaniacal
JustinGoSka

I love Streetlight Manifesto. I think the influence of punk was the worst thing to happen to ska.

EXTREME CONFLICTING STATEMENT!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:38 pm
Melomaniacal
JustinGoSka
Melomaniacal
JustinGoSka

Not really. I dont think SM was as influenced by punk so much as it was influenced by swing and big band. There are a lot of bands that claim to be ska just because they have offbeat guitar and maybe a trumpet solo here and there.  

JustinGoSka

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:20 pm
JustinGoSka
Melomaniacal
JustinGoSka
Melomaniacal
JustinGoSka

Not really. I dont think SM was as influenced by punk so much as it was influenced by swing and big band. There are a lot of bands that claim to be ska just because they have offbeat guitar and maybe a trumpet solo here and there.

hey dude TRUMPETS DON'T MAKE IT SKA  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:31 am
Guns of Navarone
JustinGoSka
Melomaniacal
JustinGoSka
Melomaniacal
JustinGoSka

hey dude TRUMPETS DON'T MAKE IT SKA

Exactly. I meet a punch of little punks that say they love ska but dont know any 1st wave or TwoTone bands and they name off all these punk bands saying theyre their favorite ska bands. In an interview with SM's lead singer he said that he wasnt going for a ska sounds when people complained saying his new music wasnt ska. When I think of ska I dont think of SM, but I definately like their music.  

JustinGoSka

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:13 pm
JustinGoSka
Melomaniacal
JustinGoSka
Melomaniacal
JustinGoSka

...they are EXTREMELY punk influenced.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces