Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
The Sketch Book of an Aspiring Concept Artist Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esper The Phantom Beast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:14 am
Hey just doing a sketch of Cloud from KH for a friend before I move on to doing a concept cue from Marlafox anyways I just wanted to see if what I have so far is right razz the pose seems good but i want to make sure I didn't screw it up in any big way (this is in Tetsuya's style so yes the hands and feet are suppose to be big and the legs are suppose to be long.) Alos sorry for the water mark razz my stupid new scanner is putting it on there untill I buy the software hope you guys don't mind.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:36 am
Never mind about before looks like I fixed the problem but does anyone know how to make a personalized water mark? I would like to have a water mark on my images for some sites. ok anyways tell me if this is right and also please remember its in Tetsuya's style (read above.) I'm mostly worried about that one arms thats going to be clutching his sword handle on his back.

Esper The Phantom Beast

Esper The Phantom Beast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:33 pm
fleshed out arm more just to see what it would look like, It looks pretty good to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:29 am

Esper The Phantom Beast

Esper The Phantom Beast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:14 pm

any opinions yet?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:52 pm
You're eating the hell outta your bandwidth by posting a separate picture for each step like that. I would change the previous versions to links to keep yourself from getting a nice "bandwidth exceeded" sigh for the rest of the month.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Esper The Phantom Beast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:11 pm
umm thanks?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:52 pm

Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it! Really! LOL How about some critiques?  

Esper The Phantom Beast

zarleeta

2,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:45 pm
I think it's excellent!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:46 am
It's pretty good, but I find the outlines a bit disturbing. Usually the 'outline' on a white part are less visible. As in on his hair.

And that wing thing in the back, looks really, really disconnected from the person. Can't even tell if it is part of him or an element of the background or whatnot. O_o  

Mogtoats

3_twisted_roses

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:27 pm
Those are absolutly AMAZING drawings!! Great Job exclaim
4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:39 pm

My latest Creation. Please Review and critique! razz Will post info about it if you guys want me to post it.  

Esper The Phantom Beast

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:30 pm
You're better off just posting the information rather than waiting for a request for it. You're more likely to get what you what if you provide people what they need to give it to you.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:25 pm
There's no depth in this thing. It's hard to see the part that is more back off, the entire drawing looks flat (Well, a drawing is flat, but whatever.... lol ).

Add a lightsource would help.  

Mogtoats

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:36 pm
The Martian
There's no depth in this thing. It's hard to see the part that is more back off, the entire drawing looks flat (Well, a drawing is flat, but whatever.... lol ).

Add a lightsource would help.
Martian, please try to be a bit more specific.

Give an example or explain how your suggestion (and why) it will help. We're trying to get away from Picture Piss quality comments here.

Thank you.

Anyway, Martian is very right about the light source. I would say that if you break it down into it's basic shapes first, and add a light source, then that will help get the overall shadows. Also though, keep in mind the smaller forms and how they'll deform the shadow. (This is a very complex shape. If you try to shade it without breaking it down, you're going to have a hard time.)

Continue to reference the elements of your design, but remember, you're making up the overall design. You have to make up the overall lighting too. You can't just copy the lighting on your separate element references (if that's what you did. It looks like you may have.)

If you need help on lighting, there should be something about it in the General art theory tutorial in the Resource Sticky.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff