Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What do you think about...? A Questionaire Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jaquiel Charday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:37 pm
Wow... the views here are much more varied than I would have thought!

I'm surprised by the sheer number of beliefs, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, consider the number of pagan religions out there. With such a small group, I can't really draw any concrete conclusions, but so far almost everyone believes that alien life exists and horoscopes are bunk or partially bunk.

And for those of you who are shy (and I know you're out there), just remember that the opinions expressed in here are just opinions and beliefs. So please, if you disagree with many of the views expressed, you won't insult anyone by disagreeing! I'd really like to hear from more of you guys. Also, if any of you would like your to help me out but don't want to have their views posted on the board, feel free to PM me, and your views will be kept between you and me.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:39 pm
Quote:
What are your views on the existence of UFOs?
Obviously as not every object in the sky can be identified,perhaps they are spaceships as it says about them in the bible.But as to most Ufos these day, i think three quarters of them are Goverment aircraft,the rest seriously might be extraterrestrial

Quote:
What are your views on the existence of extraterrestrial life forms?

I firmly believe in the existance of extraterrestial life,its impossible that we are the only living creatures in this universe.

What are your views on 'alien abductions'?
Most i believe are just hallucinations and the such but ive seen photos and read plenty of stories about the cow mutilations and the suspicions that extraterrestrial life did it,and i believe other forms of life like cows etc may be ubducted etc.

Quote:
What are your views on the existence of fairies/angels/demons?
Im not quite sure. i dont believe in heaven or hell so where can the angels or demons come from ,and the physical and humanistic forms of fairies i dont believe in but perhaps.

Quote:
What are your views on the existence of mythical beasts such as unicorns, dragons, and gryphons?
Only In your imagination which i suppose is another reality.

Quote:
What are your views on the validity of horoscopes?
I believe rarely it happens to be valid,but quite often it is otherwise.

Quote:
What are your views on the validity of tarot cards?

I believe it,I practise it!.

Quote:
What are your views on the validity of other forms of divination?

I believe most forms of divination can produce a possible outcome.

Quote:
What are your views on the existence of vampires? What are your views on people who are/claim to be vampires?
I believe there are people who are vampires,but only by wishing and do not drink blood out of need ,but because they practise it as a mini-religion and enjoy the taste (yummy & smells lovely).There possibly are such things as psychic-vampires though.

Quote:
What are your views on legendary creatures such as the Loch Ness Monster?
Well im not sure about lots of other ones but i do believe in the loch ness and Sasquatches(big feet).(loch ness isnt a legend is it?). Um im not sure about the loch ness existing now but i think it used to because according to sightings and reports it resembles a dinosaur(im not sure what one) and ages ago there were reports of people catching a mini-version in japan etc.

Quote:
What are your views on conspiracy theories such as those about the Illuminati/The Holy Grail/The Societas Jesu?

Um... i know it sounds stupid but ,What? ive never read about them

Quote:
What are your views on otherkin?

not sure...gimme a few mins and ill update the post whence ive read up about it

Quote:
What are your views on furries?

not sure...gimme a few mins and ill update the post whence ive read up about it  

Lilith Seraphim

Arrowroot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:36 am
Kamazira
Quote:
Unidentified Flying Object - this could b a spoon being thrown at you through the sky until it hits you, then it can b identified.
to be honest i really dont think much about it i used too as a kid biggrin as you do, but now im pretty much a non believer. apart from when someone throws an unknown object at you.

Quote:

again mixed opinion. Though it is thought that life on this planet was a mistake its hard to believe we are the only mistake out there.

going with what i said above, i find it pretty hard to believe considering most people you see on TV seem to be desperate things wanting attention and money. So i think they are halucinations *cant spell gah!*

Quote:

I believe in Faeries and Angels. because you here so much about the unexplained and how people have felt a presence looking after them, whether ghosts looking after them or something else they still act as angels. and the faeries? well they are a just a bit of fun and i do believe in the mischeif they cause...dont really know how to word my views on them :S

Quote:
What are your views on the existence of mythical beasts such as unicorns, dragons, and gryphons?

'Only In your imagination which i suppose is another reality' <--- agreed

Quote:

it depends on the source. Magazine horoscopes say the same thing no matter what sign u are. but more accurate and reliable sources, like others have said, can give key insight into your personality etc

Quote:

I use them, and each time i have been told i was accurate. But it does depend on the person and how they use them. I believe they cannot tell a definate future as that is not what they are therefore, they are merely a guid not a rule book

Quote:

I have used very few other types of diviniation but i know through other people that it works for them. I guess it all comes down to the power of will and such. but i am a strong supporter of diviniation

Quote:
What are your views on the existence of vampires? What are your views on people who are/claim to be vampires?

those who claim they are vampires normally think they are the traditional Dracula/Buffy vampire ...which i dont believe could be true. I think its kind of silly as people who claim they are the undead (and are actually serious about it) seem to have a problem with life as it is and have yet to experiment with living their life in order to fulfill it. ...that didnt make a lot of sense did it?

Quote:

again as a child i used to believe in them. They are a possibility yes, but since most of the 'sightings' have been prooved to be something such as a car bumper - loch ness and a bloke in a monkey suit - bigfoot ...so far no but yes to possibility, againt mixed views

Quote:
What are your views on conspiracy theories such as those about the Illuminati/The Holy Grail/The Societas Jesu?

again yes to possibility, however there are so many different versions/legends that its hard to decipher what could be fact and what is a load of ...well you kno.

Quote:

eh?

Quote:

furries as RP? nothing wrong with it. But some i guess take it too far like with the vampire thing. Howeveer i believe in the shaman version of spirit guides etc and the possibility of astral projection as that spirit guide, and the possibility of phantom limbs cause it is of course a possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:41 pm

FAAAAAAKE

They definately exist, somewhere.

FAAAAAAAKE

Apathy. I'm not quite sure, but I don't much care to find out.

Crap. They might have existeed at some time, but there are no chances of them surviving and not being caught on tape somehow somewhere.

Crap.

Luck.

Depends on the form of divination.

I am a psi-vampire, to simplify things. I tend to discourage the use of such terms, as they entrail a negative connotation of idiot 13-year olds in a one-man worship-me cult, pretending to drink blood because it "makes them look cool like Alucard in Hellsing". I haven't found a term to proporly use yet, if you can help, please do.

They cou;d exist.

Remember; the older a myth is, the more chances that it was passed along as camp-fire stories before it was writen down, where it could permanently be over-exaderated via writing.

I don't know what you mean.

I hate all of them. You may have a tendancy to act like a certain animal, but that does not mean, by any shadow of a doubt, that you are an animal soul trapped in a human body.  

Son of Axeman

Ayita

Moonlight Comrade

10,500 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:37 pm

I think most of the stories of seeing them are just for attention, but I believe they're very real, and that perhaps the goverment wouldn't tell us if they ever tracked one (I'm a big fan of government conspiracies sweatdrop )
I definitely think there's life other than on earth. I think it's rather conceited to think Earth is the centre of attention and life...
most likely, so far, they're not real.

I definitely believe in Fae, angels and Demons. I think that Fae are mainly in another dimension as far as spirits go, but some choose to inhabit bodies as a spirit (same with Demons, and Angels) or roam this dimension as a guardian or "observer", helping those nearby in their travels.
As for Demons and Angels, specifically. Traditionally, they're considered all that is evil, and all that is good, respectively. I have a different outlook. I think that Demons are just noctournal Angels. Angels and Demons can be evil, neutral, good...whichever they choose.

These creatures tend more to be guardian spirits, than inhabit bodies. They tend to stay more in other realms than Demons, Fae, or Angels, and therefore are sometimes considered more sacred, but all have their own *special* duty without which nothing would be in balance.

I think they're true to some extent, but I think most people pass off horoscopes as bogus before they really understand everything about them.
Horoscopes have more to them than just your birth sign, as many of us know. They have a sign for each planet, the sun, moon, their "face", and a few others. Your birth sign isn't necessarily supposed to "be" you, it's based on what your soul is supposedly trying to achieve as a way to live and learn.
I don't think they can tell your future way in advance.

Same thing. I don't think they can "predict" the future, but I think they have an uncanny sort of way to telling what's going on in people's lives. I don't know too much about Tarot, so I was hoping to get a deck soon and maybe a few books.

I'm not really sure...

Most people who claim to be vampires are dumb, "goth" wannabe's. I do know, however that there are such things, and that there are more than one "specie" of vampires. I think the "blood" vampires are pretty much gone, thanks to humanity...Things don't exist if you truly don't believe in them...at least to most people. Energy vampires are alive and well...

I don't really have an opinion. Every place has its myths. It's not my place to judge them.

As mentioned above, I'm a major fan of conspiracies. I don't necessarily believe in the ones standing, but if slightly altered in my favour, I'm all over it.
otherkin?
Furries are cool. Not quite my thing, but hey, whatever floats your boat, man.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:27 pm

how are we supposed to know, we've barely touched the solar sytem we are in.
quite possible
Sidhe. plain and simple. they could fit some of the descriptions, when you take into account the blurred vision of underhil
the Sidhe definatly exist. angels, demons.. two sides of the same coin, sidhe.. All humanoids are lesserr sidhe, and the Greater Sidhe are the only ones that remained pure Underhill. Brownies, imps,etc at lesser Sidhe
as energy forms, spiritual beings. Elemental gaurdians really.
bull
you need a reader who knows you well and will be straightforeward, who knows the cards well. A reliable deck, a clear question, and the knowledge that the prediction is only if you continue on the same path, which could be changed simply by getting the reading.
same.
BULL
What are your views on legendary creatures such as the Loch Ness Monster? doubt it, doubt it.

*eyes role*
???
furries? like cat people xd what a joke  

Meiriona

Ranger Kate

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:57 pm
all i have to say is i only beleve in thing i have seen and i have seen the easter bunny  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:23 am
Ranger Kate
all i have to say is i only beleve in thing i have seen and i have seen the easter bunny

Interesting.  

Acid Faery

xxantuxx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:42 pm
They are here but i have never seen them
They are extremely real and they might come to us
they might of hapened or not i dont know i was there but it very well may have happened
Deamons are veryreal and so are angels but i dont know about faires
they existed at one time but not any more
i always find ways to connect it too my life in some way
never had it done to me
dunno i never did them
they might be here but people who say they are are not at all
they are real and they are just hiding
i dont know much about those but some links would be great
excuse me?
sorry u lost me  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:51 am
I believe there is life on other planets, but I'm undecided regarding the existence of UFO's.

Oh, I believe there is definitely life on other worlds. Whether we will ever know it is a matter for debate...

Alien abductions are either delusions on the part of people suffering from schizophrenia, or are attacks in dreams by malevolent spirits.

I'm a Norse shaman and rune magiciam, and deal with spirits almost every day. I definitely believe that they exist!

I don't know if mythical beasts ever existed in Earth, but I am aware that such entities exist in the spirit worlds.

Depends on whether we are talking about the mass market horoscopes of the type found in the daily newspaper or a personal horoscope cast by an astrologer for an individual. I believe in the latter, but it takes a skilled astrologer to create a precise horoscope.

I have experience with Tarot cards, but they are not my preferred tools for divination. (I prefer the Norse runes) Tarot cards, runes, and other divinatory tools are simply devices by which the unconscious mind perceives future events.

See my above response.

Vampires exist only in mythology. Those claiming to be vampires are either a) suffering from mental illness, b) are trying to take advantage of the foolish and gullible, c) possessed by evil spirits or d) all of the above.

I believe that such creatures could exist; for example, the Coelocanth was considered extinct until it was discovered off the coast of Madagascar at the beginning of the last century.

Most of them are just that--theories and nothing more. If there are secret societies such as the Illuminati, do you think they would allow folks like us to talk about them?

Otherkin? See my comments on vampires.

Furries? Only at Furry Conventions. We won't talk about magazine articles or shows like CSI. wink  

godhi

xsparkledovex

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:30 am
Jaquiel Charday.
Because everybody likes these things! This is in regards to your beliefs on non-religious subjects.
Yay questionaires are fun =D

Like spaceships? None, no way. Other things? well I don't know.

In other solar systems and the like possibly.

Rubbish.

Ummmm. Good spirits, bad spirits...I don't think they qualify as angels/demons. So nope I guess I think they don't exist.

Dragons and unicorns are cool. Exist? Nah.

Depends on the person casting them and how much money they're making. I don't know how, so I'd totally rely on others to do them for me.

See above.

See above.

They're a bit daft in the head and need to find a hobby.
Unless they mean energy-types who drain energy but I don't think they'd call themselves vampires. But those, yeah I think they do exist. People can be mean.

Stories.

People need better hobbies.

I...don't know? Some are clearly insane, some sound rational enough. I'm leaving this one.

See above.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:15 pm
Well (assuming you mean alien spacecraft), I've never seen one, but that's no reason to believe they can't exist.
Same as above. Just because I haven't seen any doesn't mean they aren't real.
I'm not going to say it doesn't happen, but I honestly don't understnd why an alien race with the technology to travel millions of light-years and escape our detection would bother to anally probe a farmer from Kentucky.
I believe that I once saw an angel, so, I do believe they exist. As for the others..., just because I haven't seen one.....
Same as above. Just because I haven't seen one....
Maybe all the horoscopes I've seen have been done by amatuers or fakes, but the ones I've come across don't seem very credible.
Ironically, I do believe that tarot cards work. Maybe b/c the cards are rife with symbolism, it allows the subconscious mind to speak freely. I don't know, it's just a guess.
I haven't tried very many forms. Runes seem interesting, but, I haven't used them enough to form a very educated opinion.
I don't believe in blood-sucking vamps, but I do believe in psychic vampires. In general, I don't think it's a good practice, but I suppose tehre could be times when it might be helpful.
Just because I've never seen one..... I'd like to think that Nessy and Big Foot exist; it'd be kind of cool.
I don't know very much about them, but since I'm not Christian, I don't really care.
I think it's entirely possible, but some people are just taking it a little too far. I think it's okay to believe that you were a horse in a past life, or even a griffin, but to think you're this plane's version of Captain Kirk from Star Trek is just insane.
I'm not really sure what they are.  

Brainwashing Shampoo

Innocent Alice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:27 pm
I think a few of the reports could be true, but most are just attention-seeking copy-cats or sensationalized nonsense.

I have done quite a bit of research into Astrobiology (I was even planning on becoming an astrobiologist until I was led another direction) and based on the knowledge we have of both amino acids, biochemical components, and the simple rules of probability, there HAS to be extreterrestrial life. Whether we ever contact it or not is a completely different story.

Conceivable, but highly unlikely. I personally like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy theory on abductions: a bunch of teeenaged aliens joyriding and scaring the crap out of the primitive natives biggrin

I'm unsure about this. I feel there are messangers and forces beyond our general perception, but faeries are something I'm still iffy on.

There are scientific explanations, but there can be exceptions as well. I don't think I'll be seeing any of these beasts any time soon, but I won't rule out their existance.

When used/cast properly, they can be extraordinarily accurate. Look at the story of the Magi in the Bible - following astrological rules, they made it to Judea before needing assistance.

Pretty dang accurate from my experience.

If you have the talent, go for it. Some have the gift for it, but not me.

I know quite a few money vampires, but I doubt the existence of the blood-sucking variety. As for people who claim to be vampires....it's their life. As long as they don't actually bite through anyone's neck, I don't really care.

Could be there, who knows.

While there is -some- evidence for -some- of these theories, they're on pretty shakey ground. I'm pretty interested in these at the moment and am attempting to do some real research on them, but for now they just make good plot points in Dan Brown books.

I don't really know what they are...looks like another topic to research.

While I respect people's opinions and beliefs, I have a very hard time with this. You were born human for a reason. Again, it's their life, so if they want to act like animals they do what I was told as a child: "If you're going to behave like an animal, then you can go sleep out in the barn."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:45 pm
Nope. Purely conspiracy hype.

Definitely, but not in the UFO/abduction sense. "Life" must exist somewhere...whether sentient, I don't know.

Nope.

Spirits, yes, but not in the sentient form of "fairies." I think of it more like the Shinto concept of kami. Angels and Demons no, since I believe in an amoral universe (no good vs. evil).

Never existed; human folkloric creations.

So vague and general that they can be applied to any situation, literal or metaphorical.

Same as above, but I find them useful as a psychological aide. They allow the subconscious to see a situation in an uninhibited way.

Not quite sure, but as a rule I'm sceptical.

Well, the disease of porfyria I can understand, but people who needlessly suck other people's blood I find rather morbid. Energy vampirism I just find unethical, need or no.

Didn't exist.

Incredibly fascinating...I don't know enough about them, however, to determine whether they are valid theories.

Nope.

Very weird; I have no ability to understand them.  

Arawath

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:13 pm
I enjoy divination, but the rest of those things are of little interest to me. I don't have much faith in consensus reality, so whether or not any of those are "real" is a moot point for me.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff