View Results

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:07 pm
Black Dragon Disciple
MCS4evr0
Black Dragon Disciple
MCS4evr0
Black Dragon Disciple
Now I'm listening to ska, swing, and punk music mostly.
Hell yeah. Also Jazz, Disco and Blues are pretty cool. I just like anything with horns... ((I know its off topic but w/e))

So then you must love my avi...

do you play trumpet or trombone or something?

Both... I play almost every "ska" brass instrument. Trumpet, Tenor Trombone, Baritone, and Tuba. Haven't tried any reed instruments yet tho. Also, I play 5-string Bass, and piano...

Did someone just say super talent that I wish I had, moloko, and/or ultra-violence? Yes? Just making sure...

I play trumpet and 4 string bass. Tried piano, but couldn't get the two-hands thing down at all after about 6 months of pain and practice, so I gave up with it. I sing, too. I've always wanted to learn trombone, is it easy to learn? If so, great, if not, I'm up to the challengee.

I wish I played horns. you guys are awesome. I play guitar, some bass, I can do keys, but not piano. also can't do the 2 hand thing. mostly because I don't own a piano or keys. I can almost play sax, don't know all the #/b's though.

Dance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:42 pm
thanks!  

Black Dragon Disciple

mibuwolfX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:00 pm
My friend had a habit of searching through AOL music on demand, where he saw Everything Sucks by Reel Big Fish. For the next year or two, he listend to them nonstop, and I picked it up from there. I've been listening to ska for.. five years, now, I think.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:33 pm
User Image
User Image
Ahhh, That's where I first heard ska when I didn't know what it was... Good ol' Kablam.
But when I got older, a friend of mine who isn't a friend of mine anymore showed me the aquabats.
And I liked ska.
But I'm more into the local bands than she is.
Eh, whatever.

User Image

User Image
it's a modern look
but it's all about roots

Turn the RADIO off

mist-ery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:55 pm
i used to be big into street punk way back when i was a little b*****d then my buddy introduced me to op-ivy and ive been hooked to ska every sense.
full fledged rudie till the i die

!?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:31 am
Good ol' Aquabats. Back in elementary school I would always gice my friend Adam a ride home and he introduced me to The Aquabats song PIzza Day after school one time. Thought it was great and bought one of their albums. I got into more ska stuff after listening to it. Ever since then, I've been in love with it  

Frankenska

Left Handed Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:32 am
I didn't know it was on Ka'Blam!!! I used to love that show so much! My friends got me into Reel Big Fish and No Doubt. Then I started to search for more ska bands and found a bunch of third wave. Once intrested in that, I found this guild 4laugh heart !  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:17 am
I first experienced SKA at the rock concert few years ago. I thought it was quite unique and positive.

Aggressive Cookie

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:07 am
Kittkatt5511
I didn't know it was on Ka'Blam!!! I used to love that show so much! My friends got me into Reel Big Fish and No Doubt. Then I started to search for more ska bands and found a bunch of third wave. Once intrested in that, I found this guild 4laugh heart !

2-tone army by the toasters was the opening song for kablam!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:06 pm
my sister was the one who go me into the scene with her skinhead friends. so later on i picked up on it and the first artist was laurel aitken.  

TeRRoR HooLiGaN

Dead_AvengerS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:46 pm
when about thirteen, my friends older brother showed us punk and were hooked, and soon after he showed ska and i've been hokked ever since.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:41 pm
I went to a show in la with my babysitter and fell in love ever since haha
yey heart heart heart  

Vodka1

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:38 pm
Ka'Blam, My Parents, Punk.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:30 pm
I remember being in my friend Matts room and my friend Nolan was there and he had his Ipod and I was all "what on your iPod?" and he was like "ska" and i was all "What the ******** is Ska?" and ever since then i liked it  

Bloody Mittens

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:34 pm
I mostly dig into Metal, Emo Violence, Screamo, Grindcore, Hardcore, Hardcore Punk, Sludge Metal, Viking Metal, Black Metal, and Indie.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff