Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
A Yaoi question Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:06 pm
I probably would without meaning to.... or.. maybe not. 'cause I wouldn't just assume he's gay, I'd think more along the lines of "I wonder if he's gay."

So yeah, I guess not. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:53 pm
I mean I'm not going to be like "OOH. A type-one verified homosexual!" but I think we can sort of establish that the majority of guys reading guy-on-guy stuff are going to at least have some level of homosexual inclination.. sure there are exceptions, but that's why they're exceptions: most.. are. sweatdrop  

Skizzors
Crew

dirphenomenon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:38 pm
hmm...it really depends. i like yuri but that doesn't make me gay or anything like that. maybe those boys likes to read yaoi because of their own curiousity? you never know whee xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:32 pm
I'd find that amusing. blaugh  

Essence of Play-Doh

Sparkly Fairy

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

seriouscat_25

Mystical Cat

19,450 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:24 pm
you are who you knew are...

they are who knew they are...

so...no. I won't think they're gay...

plus, they enjoy what they read, so no offense about it...

User Image

"Love is Love. Period."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:58 pm
I'd wonder, but I wouldn't automatically assume. I'd wonder if I saw a girl reading yuri, too. I mean, I've been known on occasion to look up some yuri, but I'm not a lesbian or bi...I very much like men (girly and androgynous as some of the objects of my fancy may be).

I don't, however, wonder if guys listening to The Village People or Queen are gay (nor do I wonder if girls listening to t.A.t.U. are gay, even though they were fake lesbians).

Besides, what does it matter? Nothing wrong with guys reading yaoi. (Hell, I might even ask 'em where they got it. XDD)  

shakespearerules

Dapper Warlord

9,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200

N I N J A _C H E E S E

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:21 pm
i would stop and talk to him....not ask if he's gay or anything but talk about what ever he's watching or reading whee  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:11 am
I wouldnt care and i wouldnt really talk to him coz im pretty shy..., also No it doesn't mean he's gay. In japan many gay guys prefer heterosexual manga over yaoi  

Sacher Torte

Greedy Capitalist

aquaflame64

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:37 am
I would think he was gay or bi. Then I would ask where he got it if I didn't already have the manga. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:03 pm
if i saw a guy reading or watching yaoi, i would sit with them and watch/read it too. lol  

Demon sword_of_death

[Shuichi_Uesugi]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:44 pm
X a y u m u n a r u m i X
yukea
I would smile and keep on walking.

me 2 3nodding
me three lol  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Well I have to say to answer the question... no. I have friends that are girls, they are not basicaly lesbians because they read yaoi. Also I have lesbian friends who read yaoi. lol

So I guess a guy reading yaoi won't make a difference right?
I mean I once met a guy that reads shounen ai, but he didn't seem interested on guys. xD  

[Shuichi_Uesugi]

[Tox!c L!ghtbulb]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:08 pm
I would, honestly, 'cause that's just the kind of person I am. I wouldn't go off telling other people he's gay or tell him about this other gay boy that might be interesting him or anything, I'd just leave it be. If he's gay, good for him, if he's not, good for him again.

...thinking back on what I just wrote, I'm wrong. I would probably only question his sexuality then kinda persuade myself into thinking he's gay just 'cause it would seem that way.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:01 pm
I'd assume he might be gay, but then I'd go over and question his motives for watching that.

And watch it with him while asking him questions. whee

Lenre Li
Crew

AtlantisChildren

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:31 pm
I wouldn't assume anything, just smile and keep walking or sit down and chat with them about manga and whatnot. //o^ T'would be fun.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff