Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ewwwww- Gross! (The nastier side of spells and paganism) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:33 pm
patch99329
2.Witch bottles- 'eww blood and urine', heck, they work.

Maybe it's the career I'm looking to get into (funeral services), and the amount of gross things I've seen while researching said topic and taking classes--Hell, dissecting a cat in high school took away the "Ew, gross" factour for most things--but I'd really like to make one. I just don't have a place to put it, since I don't have a yard or a stoop to bury it under. Just a balcony.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:12 am
BlueRoseTorn
patch99329

Maybe it's the career I'm looking to get into (funeral services), and the amount of gross things I've seen while researching said topic and taking classes--Hell, dissecting a cat in high school took away the "Ew, gross" factour for most things--but I'd really like to make one. I just don't have a place to put it, since I don't have a yard or a stoop to bury it under. Just a balcony.

I'm not squeamish either ^_^ I want to be a forensic scientist in future. If I was willing to do a medical qualification I'd like to be a forensic pathologist eek

Anyway, you can always bury them away from your property, but my memory of this is hazy. I'll see if I can find anything about it!  

patch99329

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:38 am
patch99329
BlueRoseTorn
patch99329

I'm not squeamish either ^_^ I want to be a forensic scientist in future. If I was willing to do a medical qualification I'd like to be a forensic pathologist eek

Anyway, you can always bury them away from your property, but my memory of this is hazy. I'll see if I can find anything about it!

Being a forensic pathologist is my wet dream job, but I pretty much had to choose between years and years of medical school and subsequent debt or starting a family and being financially stable...and I chose the latter, even though the "financially stable" thing isn't going as well as hoped. sweatdrop Ahem.

I'd appreciate it muchly if you'd look that up for me. Thank you. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:41 am
Heilan Allir,

Bah, animal sacrifice, childs play... try this:

Nábrók

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81143174@N00/189937011

Now, THAT's some seriously 'gross' magic biggrin

Actually, I have a whole CD from the Museum of Icelandic Witchcraft and Sorcery, and there's a lot of 'gross' stuff in that.

Also read some of the stuff about Dee, there's a few interesting tidbits in there.

As an interesting aside, those burned for witchcraft in Iceland were almost exclusively males. So now we Trollmaðr can whine about our own burning times twisted

Ver thu heil  

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

patch99329

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:48 am
BlueRoseTorn
but I pretty much had to choose between years and years of medical school and subsequent debt or starting a family and being financially stable...and I chose the latter.

Thats pretty much why I don't want to pursue it. Plus, my cousin (a freaking genius, currently studying neuro science at uni) told me that there is only about 30 jobs for forensic pathologists in the uk. rolleyes

I had a little look and there is no problem with burying the bottle away from your house, as long as you personaly don't dig it back up.
If you can't be sure it will still be there in a year, make one every year or so. I also read you can float it down stream, but that just seems impractical rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:30 am
My big problem with most of the "gross" practices is that many of them violate purity laws. sweatdrop  

TeaDidikai

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:02 pm
patch99329
BlueRoseTorn
but I pretty much had to choose between years and years of medical school and subsequent debt or starting a family and being financially stable...and I chose the latter.

Thats pretty much why I don't want to pursue it. Plus, my cousin (a freaking genius, currently studying neuro science at uni) told me that there is only about 30 jobs for forensic pathologists in the uk. rolleyes

Only thirty? I can't imagine how they would get any down-time at all!

Quote:
I had a little look and there is no problem with burying the bottle away from your house, as long as you personaly don't dig it back up.
If you can't be sure it will still be there in a year, make one every year or so. I also read you can float it down stream, but that just seems impractical rolleyes

Hmm, interesting. Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:55 pm
are F.path the people who do autopsies?

If you wanna do that, come to the US! Apparently, we are facing a shortage in places other than large cities (since it doesn't pay as well as other medical professions, you know, only 100k or so)  

maenad nuri
Captain

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:32 pm
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
*giggles* I don't find that in the least surpising Good book.
I like it. I always enjoy in looking into other people's concept of magic.

One of the reasons I like the book. Intresting to see how many of the spells work with Angels and/or Saints.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:08 am
Dragon_Witch_Woman

One of the reasons I like the book. Intresting to see how many of the spells work with Angels and/or Saints.
Largely drawn from African Roman Catholic fusion faiths.
I found an interesting book on the subject the other day.  

TeaDidikai

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:35 pm
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman

Largely drawn from African Roman Catholic fusion faiths.
I found an interesting book on the subject the other day.
Faiths such as Vodun?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:00 pm

... eww... So I definitely am easily grossed out, I see. The idea of
using menstrual blood for anything I find just, besides unsanitary,
but, oh, dirty? Same with urine... I'd be much happier to deal with
dead animals (minus the fact I'm afraid of dead things...)

The grossest I have is the pseudo-cannibalism of Catholicism.

Gornwen

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:31 pm
Gornwen

Urine is fairly.. what's the English word for it.. sterile? It has to be, considering it leaves the body at one of the most easily infected parts, after all.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:02 pm
Maze
Gornwen

Urine is fairly.. what's the English word for it.. sterile? It has to be, considering it leaves the body at one of the most easily infected parts, after all.

That is the English word. Very good.

Urine is indeed entirely sterile, though it smells god-awful.  

Kalyani Srijoi

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:42 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Faiths such as Vodun?
Amongst others.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers