Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
If you owned a shop... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:17 pm
TeaDidikai
jaden kendam

what about a monkey's paw and a mirror with red glass, and a mowgli, and other stuff that is not for sale?
Didn't say it wasn't for sale. I said it would be kept under glass. wink

And put a necronomicon (sp) there, just so all the fluffs would come in and drool and buy the incense and stuff smile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:58 pm
jaden kendam

And put a necronomicon (sp) there, just so all the fluffs would come in and drool and buy the incense and stuff smile
Perhaps as a novelty, something rebound in leather? twisted  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:53 am
TeaDidikai
jaden kendam

Perhaps as a novelty, something rebound in leather? twisted

The really good leather. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:18 am
jaden kendam
. every new age place i have gone into looked either like hot topic or happy, happy joy, joy/

I can relate, but the selfish part of me would decorate a shop like that to attract more customers xD

If I were to decorate to my tastes however, my shop would be like a dusty curiosity shop. With things in jars and big wooden cabinets xD

--
Oh! I'd also sell those BoS that are leatherbound with dragons and broomsticks on. Good money maker, people squee over them confused  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:39 am
patch99329

I can relate, but the selfish part of me would decorate a shop like that to attract more customers xD

If I were to decorate to my tastes however, my shop would be like a dusty curiosity shop. With things in jars and big wooden cabinets xD

--
Oh! I'd also sell those BoS that are leatherbound with dragons and broomsticks on. Good money maker, people squee over them confused
I think there can be a balance between being open and inviting and fitting with personal tastes.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:37 am
If I were to open a shop (and this assumes that I'd feel qualified to do so), I'd probably go for an old-fashioned, subtle look. Shelving would be wooden, and I would cultivate a pleasantly-cluttered appearance. Mostly, I'd sell herbs, stones, and books. Of course, I would also have the occasional decorative staff and perhaps some jewelry to draw people in. Mostly, I'd rely on my reputation for either having everything or knowing where to get it to keep the business going.

I might also host classes on anthropology, botany, and so on to help keep down the general level of fluff.  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:05 pm
mute_coyote
Mostly, I'd rely on my reputation for either having everything or knowing where to get it to keep the business going.

I might also host classes on anthropology, botany, and so on to help keep down the general level of fluff.
Hear hear!

I'm also not opposed to buying old used books for the sake of allowing people who might not otherwise have access to such get a good crack at them.

I'd balance my loss-leaders well to keep costs down.

Oh- one other thing. I'd serve.....

tea.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:42 pm
TeaDidikai
mute_coyote

Oh- one other thing. I'd serve.....

tea.

Very cool, you could have a library area, where people could come and drink tea and read books you don't sell, but allow people to read or lease.

I'd totally go xD

patch99329

Hybrid Jewel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:22 pm
I'd sell all the usual books, divination supplies, crystals candles, altar equipment, statuary, etc. I'd have a large selection of herbs. Since I make jewelry, I'd try and get some crystal beads to sell, as well, and loose charms and pendants for people who like to do it themselves. My favorite shop is a metaphysical store/jewelry supply place. My store would be roomy, the walls probably in a warm earth tone. Most of the stores I go to are a little crowded, so there would be plenty of room for people to get around. I'd probably have a section of fantasy books, as well.

Likely, semi-hippie that I am, we'd play classic rock. But, I wouldn't burn incense, because it makes a lot of people sick.

As long as I'm dreaming, I'd like a reading room, and a small cafe where people can get tea, coffee, soda, and really good sandwiches. Oh, and we'd be open 24 hours.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:33 pm
patch99329

Very cool, you could have a library area, where people could come and drink tea and read books you don't sell, but allow people to read or lease.

I'd totally go xD
Something like that.

Yaknow, as long as you don't go overboard- incense isn't too bad.

No offense Jewel, but from personal experience- 24hrs would be insane.  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:24 am
TeaDidikai
No offense Jewel, but from personal experience- 24hrs would be insane.

you would really have to trust your hired help on that one. And make sure the people who are high and/or drunk do not mess around.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:50 am
jaden kendam

you would really have to trust your hired help on that one. And make sure the people who are high and/or drunk do not mess around.
Honestly, there are simply better things to do with one's time.

The foot traffic isn't high enough to warrant turning on the lights.  

TeaDidikai

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:16 am
I actually plan on running a shop some day. My goal in my shop would be for people to feel like they could come and ask questions with out feeling out of place. Where they could relax and generally be them selves.

In one room I'd have herbs, incense, candles, censers, and those supplies. In another I'd have pipes, weapons, wands, and stuff to clean them. I'd have a library set up where they could come in and read a bit before buying, a tea room for hot drinks and snacks. I'd have statues, gems, and divination tools all together. Up front I'd have grab bags and jewelry as well as random nicknack's.

The clothing would be in the back near a dressing room where they could try on the items. By the tea room I'd have music set up, both instruments and CD's. There would be a room for readings, and a room for classes and workshops.

Every morning I'd ask for a blessing so people would be comfortable. I'd stock the shelves and do any morning cleaning. I'd have different music playing at different times. I'm not sure about the incense aspect as I have asthma, and sometimes it can be overwhelming, but oh well.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:38 am
Having separate rooms isn't the most secure thing to do in such a business.  

TeaDidikai

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:46 am
It would not be easy, and possibly not necessarily practical, but I'd love in my shopkeeper fantasy to be able to sell fresh herbs. I'm a big fan of fresh over dried. I like all the old-style stuff, but I don't think I could maintain something like that without looking musty. I think it would be really cool to have something modern but not all love-and-light or Hot Topic flavored. Millenium Arkham chic. whee  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff