Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mary Mary- how does your Garden Grow? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:00 pm
I'd like a good sprawling garden. One of those gardens that looks as if it's just carelessly kept and overgrown, but is actually quite pretty. I think it comes of living in the desert, where you just can't get a good sprawl of garden without some really irresponsible water use.

I'd like to grow primarily herbs, but also tomatoes, and peppers, and carrots. Other things, too, I'm sure, that I'm just not thinking of at the moment.

For cooking, I'm just a big fan of preparing what I've grown myself. I find something magical in that, regardless, and something in the intent of cooking for someone I care about. Happy stuff. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:31 am
Having lived in a city all my life, my green thumbs are completely nonexistent. The only houseplants that will tolerate my company are cacti, and I'm not doing so well with them.

However, if I had a proper garden I'd let it go completely wild. Completely. I don't want a garden - I want a forest in my backyard. Perhaps in the forest there might be fruit trees. Otherwise I might have a small patch for growing cucumbers (fresh cucumbers = yum) and mint. I'm assuming blackberries and maybe wild strawberries will grow in the forest. Hell, over here blackberries are practically a weed.

Besides, why would you want your berries all laid out pretty where you can find them? Half the fun is going looking for them!  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:49 am
Pelta
Besides, why would you want your berries all laid out pretty where you can find them? Half the fun is going looking for them!
Because you get a better crop if they are pruned correctly.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:21 pm
I have a long list...

-Chamomile
-Lavendar
-Rose Hips
-Hibiscus
-Basil
-Parsely
-Catnip
-Peppermint
-Rosemary
-Sunflowers
-Garlic
-Ginger

And of course many vegetables, native berries and fruits...

Right now, I'm limited to potted plants (I've got Basil, Catnip and Aloe Vera growing), but come spring, I'll be planting many things in the backyard.  

Lore Lux

godhi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:47 am
Although I have a small herb garden kept in pots, I would like to have a much bigger garden featuring a number of plants used in traditional witchcraft.
The plant I would love to have in my collection is a European mandrake--but try obtaining one here in the western United States! crying
My next gardening project: Constructing a small greenhouse and starting another collection of insectivorous plants.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:07 am
I have a garden but I had been too busy growing children and now that I have the time I have discovered that the gardens adect seem to exist for no other reason then to breed slugs to eat what ever I plant sad  

ShadowSharrow

Maze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:00 am
ShadowSharrow
I have a garden but I had been too busy growing children and now that I have the time I have discovered that the gardens adect seem to exist for no other reason then to breed slugs to eat what ever I plant sad

Slugs are attracted to beer. Plant pots with beer in them, and watch them congregate. 3nodding I think there's special slug traps where they can't climb out anymore, but I'm not sure if they get enough of beer after a while..

Anyway, a drunk slug is a pretty novel addition to any garden, I feel.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:32 am
Maze
ShadowSharrow

Slugs are attracted to beer. Plant pots with beer in them, and watch them congregate. 3nodding I think there's special slug traps where they can't climb out anymore, but I'm not sure if they get enough of beer after a while..

Anyway, a drunk slug is a pretty novel addition to any garden, I feel.

I tried that and after 3 six packs of beer in 2 months gave up.
I have tried traps and egg shells as well, I have come to the conclusion that until I get a wall built instead of the 'quaint' picket fence there is not a whole I can do sad  

ShadowSharrow

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:38 am
We used to just pick them up and lob them over the fence into next doors garden xD
It works!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:43 am
Copper tape works well for raised beds.  

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:43 am
ShadowSharrow
I tried that and after 3 six packs of beer in 2 months gave up.
I have tried traps and egg shells as well, I have come to the conclusion that until I get a wall built instead of the 'quaint' picket fence there is not a whole I can do sad

D: Didn't work? Which brand did you use? *curious* I know we Dutch always joke about other countries and their lack of proper beer.. XD

Sorry to hear it didn't work, though. o:  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:32 pm
Maze
D: Didn't work? Which brand did you use? *curious* I know we Dutch always joke about other countries and their lack of proper beer.. XD

Sorry to hear it didn't work, though. o:

Oh it worked each morning there were over 50 of them in the container,
and it went on and on and on and on, night after night.

TeaDidikai

Thanks, I will give that a go then I stir the beds and add in the compost come spring time.  

ShadowSharrow

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:46 pm
ShadowSharrow

TeaDidikai

Thanks, I will give that a go then I stir the beds and add in the compost come spring time.
You'll need to use a trellis for any leaning plants, otherwise they'll crawl over on the leaves and bypass the tape.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:15 pm
I want a two gardens. One in front of my house where I'll keep all my flowers and ivy, and one in back where all my vegetables, fruits, and herbs will be. I know I'll have a ton of tomatoes and onions along with other vegetables. I want an apple tree along with a citrus tree if the area will permit it. I know I have to both a strawberry patch and a blackberry patch. Probably a pumpkin patch along with some different types of melons.  

RedRoseSpiral

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:58 am
The ivy reminds me:

How do people feel about planting noxious plants within their gardens?

There are a bunch of plants I really like, but I'll never have them in my garden because they have choked off and killed native species and continue to do harm to environments that aren't meant to deal with them.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff