Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Thoughts on Thanksgiving? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Some choices:
Eat turkey only on turkey day (last resort)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Make myself something else really fast like last year and hope no one notices
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Other?
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Catherine teh Vegan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:00 pm
ChaoticConsonance
Well, food has protein, duh. There's not that much need to worry about it, especially on just one day. But if that's really a concern, you could make sure that there would be some beans or something.

Is there any way you can call up your hosts without your mom's knowledge?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:15 pm
Thanksgiving has to be my favorite holiday! Knowing that I won't eat the turkey or gravy, they always let me take as much of the veggies as I want! All the mashed potatoes, salad, bread, corn, beans, and juice that I can eat, and they even let me get my own extra thing, like hummus, to eat on the side!
Sure, they always do ask that same embarrassing question of "What is she going to eat?" but on Thanksgiving, when I have to help with most of the cooking anyway, it is never much of a problem.  

Hlessirah

Dapper Vegetarian

boo u suck

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:37 pm
I'm sorry that you parent hate your choice, i guess i'm really lucky. My parents support me and my cousins a vegitarian also so we both eat the same thing. But if i were you i would offer to make something vegitarian to eat so you wouldnt be making anyone else's work harder and no one could really complain.  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:59 am
Hlessirah
Thanksgiving has to be my favorite holiday! Knowing that I won't eat the turkey or gravy, they always let me take as much of the veggies as I want! All the mashed potatoes, salad, bread, corn, beans, and juice that I can eat, and they even let me get my own extra thing, like hummus, to eat on the side!
Sure, they always do ask that same embarrassing question of "What is she going to eat?" but on Thanksgiving, when I have to help with most of the cooking anyway, it is never much of a problem.

Oh yeah! Me, too.

My parents are totally supportive of my choice, but with one rule: That I know as much as I can about my nutrition needs, and that I work with them to find ways to fill in the gaps. (Smart parents.)  

Evil Karma Angel

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces