Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Books through the eyes of a yaoi addict... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:39 pm
duskydawn
Let's just say I was VERY pissed off when Eragon and Murtagh turned out to be closely related. Very pissed off indeed. IT WAS PERFECT...!
Pfft, why let the little details stop ya?

Disney is NOT a stretch. rofl

retice: Simon? Who?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:32 am
I've slashed...
Darren Shan! HAHA. Sexy vampires. XD
Harry Potter. Who dosen't?!
Haha. <3  

psychotic LEE

The World Within

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:41 am
omg we were reading LOTF in school. finished it just last week.
every book i read i come up with yaoi pairings. its kinda sad really.

especially twilight [amazing series]
edward and jake would be adorable >.<
me and my friend were thinking of writing a yaoi-type-fanfic-thing for it.
lawlz  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:26 am
Skizzors

retice: Simon? Who?

Umm, I remember he was supposed to be like the character that represented human goodness before savagery. Ironically he gets killed later -- if I remember correctly, the other boys mistake him for the beast and tear him apart.
Throughout the book he's very optimistic about being rescued, even when Ralph is starting to lose hope, and he finds a secluded part of the island that he likes going to himself. He discovers the boar's head there and hallucinates about it talking to him? I think?
I'm surprised I remember this much! XD  

retice

Kalysia

4,550 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:24 pm
My favorite novel is titled The Secret History, and is written by Donna Tartt. It is set in what would most likely be Middlebury, Vermont, and, centers around the happenings in the lives of a group of 'elite' college students, upon the death of one of their close friends.

Some Spoilers Included

In one scene, the narrator, Richard, is being coaxed into a homosexual situation by friend, Francis. Right when Francis has Richard about to submit, (medicinal highs do wonders, for the human brain)... A knock sounds, at the door. I always shout, "No! Ignore the door! Jump Francis!" But, of course, the moment is irreversably interrupted.

Spoilers Over. Thanks.

So, naturally, I am always wishing for the two to get together, despite the fact that I know that it will never happen. I also tend to pair Richard with another character, Henry. They have some fairly decent chemistry throughout the novel. Oh, well. At least I have fanfiction. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:42 am
DUDE, PENDRAGON. DUDE.

Okay, first of all, if you haven't read those books, they're amazing.

SECOND, in the 3rd book, Bobby ends up hiding in a hotel room with this totally HOTTY, Spader, for like, a couple months... Let's just say that Bobby talked about the shower a little too often, okay?

Oh, geeze, and then later in like, the 8th book, there was this blond kid called Loque who totally had the hots for Bobby (who wouldn't, really?).

Um, and then the Edge Chronicles... They're fantastic books, I highly recommend them.

ANYWAY, in the 3rd book, Cowlquape, who is ADORIBLE and uke and blond and shy saves Twig and like, snaps him out of this trance he's been in for a month or something, and then Twig like, adopts him and they go on adventures together. They're so in love it's not even funny.

In, I think it was the 5th book, Twig's grandson Rook makes friends with this kid Xanth who is all shy and haunted--

[SPOILERS]
Xanth ends up being a spy, and Rook gets shot by this poison arrow because of a trap Xanth set up... and then Xanth runs away, but not before coming to Rook's bed, crying, and telling him that if he'd known anything would have happened to Rook he never would have betrayed them like he did.
[/end SPOILERS]

In the next two books, Rook's best friend Felix comes back, and let's just say that he's a little posessive of Rook. Felix really, REALLY hates Xanth, and really hates that Rook was always trying to stick up for him. Poor Xanth. D:

In the 9th Book, Twig's dad Quint joins the Knight's Academy, where he meets Phin, who is always cheerful, and has really pretty hair. My favorite part EVER in those books was when Phin was talking about cloud watching when they were supposed to be studying, and Quint leans over and whispers, "Not so loud, somebody might hear." Let me tell you that just got all SORTS of things happening in my head.

Oh, not to mention that the evil guy, Vilinx, totally only hates Quint because he wants to bone him. Srsly, he's so hard on for him, it's riduculious.

Which reminds me, Rook, Quint's great-grandson, got sold into slavery at one point, and GUESS WHO BOUGHT HIM?! That's right, Vilinx. Win.  

necrophagette

Wheezing Dabbler

14,600 Points
  • Bunstroyer 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Screeching Savior 100

aa_beatrix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:00 pm
Oh right on! I'm not the only one who did that when I read Lord of the Flies! XD That was during my freshman year of high school...I forgot all about that little pairing. C:

So to answer your question...yes I do, do that. I slash almost everything thing I see. It's sad really. I think about yaoi 24/7. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:47 pm
I remember when I read that book.
My first question when I was reading it was, "Shouldn't at least ONE of them go gay by now?"

Hayatochi

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:48 pm
Okay. I read The Island of Dr. Moreau and I think I might be the only Moreau/Montgomery shipper ever. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:44 am
I slashed Evra/Darren from Cirque Du Freak whee  

Pandora Bracelet

Wealthy Fatcat

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250

teddytoles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:54 pm
Raphael/Luke from the Bible or in my friends adaption of everything about holy things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:23 pm
I slashed Evra and Darren from cirque du freak and I'm proud!
I also found Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck pretty slashy, like the relationship between George and Lennie.
I've slashed so many stuff already... Like Dumbledore and Grindelwald!

Count Chocolat

Lum Cheng

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:13 am
Skizzors
duskydawn
Let's just say I was VERY pissed off when Eragon and Murtagh turned out to be closely related. Very pissed off indeed. IT WAS PERFECT...!
Pfft, why let the little details stop ya?

Hahaha... my thoughts exactly! twisted

As for me... well, this wasn't exactly "reading too much" into something, since there is mention in the book of them having willingly slept together at least once, but Shevek/... crud, I can't remember the other guy's name... *Hunts down her copy of The Dispossessed* Bedap! That's it! Shevek/Bedap! Doesn't fit the topic exactly, but close!

I've done the same as you describe with Lord of the Flies (Jack and Ralph).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:40 am
gaypridewonder
Raphael/Luke from the Bible or in my friends adaption of everything about holy things.
OH, BIBLE.

I ship:
God/Lucifer
Cain/Abel
Judas/Jesus

xd  

Skizzors
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:47 am
Skizzors
gaypridewonder
OH, BIBLE.

I ship:
God/Lucifer
Cain/Abel
Judas/Jesus

xd
Rulin' ya universes...

I feel so dirty eek yet intrigued.

KIM FOR THE SAKE OF MARY, JOSEPH AND HIS TECHNI-COLOURED DREAM COAT DO NOT READ THISSSSS D:

I've actually thought of this many times, and I keep telling myself that I'll be sent to hell for even considering it xD
I want to go to confirmation for two reasons : Discovering possible slashy moments in the Bible, and getting a new dress.
Should I do it? It could get very funny.

I remember that episode of The Simpsons, where Rod or Todd, I can't remember, asked if Cain and Abel made babies with each other because the only woman was their mother and I was like "lol wee little slash fans!"

I'm currently reading the Farseer trilogy (along with Twilight - YUCK - The Count of Monte Cristo, Holy Fools and Blood and Gold) and it's very nice smile I've only just started but I hear from a friend that it is laced with delicious subtext and slashability ^^

;_; I want to order from amazon... stupid free shipping only applies in america mad

AH I rambled again I'm sorryyyy *hides*
...since 1992.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas