Welcome to Gaia! ::

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Back to Guilds

Community for those interested in the darker, alternative side of life 

Tags: Alternative, Community, Rock, Chat, Goth 

Reply † The Dark Sanctuary †
"I promise you'll love it!" ~ Recommended books/games/films Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:36 am
bleak eternity
i have recently watched a music Video from a band called Nightwish and the video was for a song called Nemo.. i liked it a lot! although the song is pretty sad, i like the lead singer's voice and the instrumentals kick some hard-core a**!

I'm not into Nightwish so much because they sound kinda similar to opera...and the lead singer has so much make up she looks like a porcelin doll..  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:34 pm
Nothing to Lose

By billy Talent

Its sad, but the video is cool

on youtube  

fran_fran56

Magnetic Fatcat

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200

Where Angels Fall

Invisible Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:21 am
Books:
Red Dragon by Thomas Harris
Hannibal by Thomas Harris
Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris
Pet Cemetery by Stephen King
It by Stephen King
Dream Catcher by Stephen King

I love Horror Novels.

The movies of all of these are pretty good as well. There is a lot more that I like though. These are just a few.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 am
BEOWULF!!! Go see it NOW!! scream and if you have the oppertunity to see it in 3d, then DEFINATELY do...because the film was MADE to be seen in 3d..you won't appreciate the true awesomeness if it's not in 3d.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:15 pm
Going back to games again I'd like to recomend Okami (on PS2) The graphics are done in the style of japanes painting; fitting as the game revolves around the main character, Amaterasu, the shinto sun goddess. Oh and did I forget to mention that Amaterasu is in the form of a white wolf?

Another interesting twist is that players can fight and (to a certain extent) affect the environment with the 'celestial brush'. This where you literally bring the game to a pause and call up a canvas, where the player can draw onto the screen. For example a thin line can be used to cut down trees, or a certain symbol can make things combust twisted

This game really didn't get the attention that it deserves, so please, at least look at it cry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:26 pm
Recommended Movies
Harry Potter (all)
Lord of the Tings (all)
Shreck (all)

Recommended Books:
Forged by Fire
Monster
Homothug

XR8TEDB00TY

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:50 am
Kalvaya
Going back to games again I'd like to recomend Okami (on PS2) The graphics are done in the style of japanes painting; fitting as the game revolves around the main character, Amaterasu, the shinto sun goddess. Oh and did I forget to mention that Amaterasu is in the form of a white wolf?

Another interesting twist is that players can fight and (to a certain extent) affect the environment with the 'celestial brush'. This where you literally bring the game to a pause and call up a canvas, where the player can draw onto the screen. For example a thin line can be used to cut down trees, or a certain symbol can make things combust twisted

This game really didn't get the attention that it deserves, so please, at least look at it cry

It's in IGN's top 100 games of all time wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:41 am
Shadow__Dweller
Kalvaya

It's in IGN's top 100 games of all time wink

You hear that everyone?! Play. It. NOW. scream

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:50 am
I would recommend Castlevania to anyone who likes RPGs. I'm not a fan of RPGs, and I never play them, but this one is more like an action game with elements of RPG in it, like being able to buy items and having different relics and items that cast different spells. But you don't have to level up or concentrate on what points you have...so it's well worth it. It's also very dark and gothic. People who like Devil May Cry may also like this game.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:59 am
I'm not sure if I have recommended this novel yet... The Tale of Genji, by Muarsaki Shikibu It is a very difficult book from Japan's Heian Era. but it is very well written and a very enjoyable read. I only barely finished it with my wits in tact though. The prose is so dense, it has people in lawschool going crazy  

Summoned Shadows

Summoned Shadows

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:07 am
Ok.. My Orrie-Chan got me hooked to a fare-thee-well on a band called Tokio hotel. Bill... Bill=hotness. Dude can't juggle but he's made of awesome sauce  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:14 am
Shadow__Dweller
BEOWULF!!! Go see it NOW!! scream and if you have the oppertunity to see it in 3d, then DEFINATELY do...because the film was MADE to be seen in 3d..you won't appreciate the true awesomeness if it's not in 3d.

I hated Beowolf.  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:44 am
Airforce Soldier
Shadow__Dweller

I hated Beowolf.

I thought it was good. But I saw it in 3d, and I think that made alot of difference.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:06 pm
Recommended Book: Um, there are a lot, but I'm obsessed with the Kushiel Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey. They're fantastic.

Recommended Game: All the Thief games!!

Recommended Movie: Most recent obsessive movies are....Restoration and Requiem For A Dream. I love them. <3  

Second-In-Command-Of-Hell

KuRoAnGeL_826

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:14 am
hmmm...
Movies:

Battle Royal...(A Japanese movie...about people fighting for their lives...against their soo called friends and the desire to survive....)this movie rocksand has good lessons...lessons behind the movie...watch it guys...I promise that you won't be disappointed...

SAW series...this movie is a bloody good one...killing and torturing people....but behind those killings and torture comes a good lesson...  
† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff