Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
why emo is discriminated (a must read) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:28 pm
I dont have much to say other than lame.
Thats why.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:23 pm
Question.
Say I hypothetically called this guy a ******** I hypothetically get in trouble?  

DaisukeOrDark

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:25 pm

Hypothetically, yes, but not from me...let's just leave it hypothetical.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:32 pm
In all honesty, I can't help but notice all the similarities between the points you all raise in this discussion of emo. Why it is discriminated against? It is exactly for the same reason why punk was discriminated against. It was something that just people did not understand and the only images of the scene was what was presented to them by the media. What people thought were "punks" were a bunch of kids with safety pins through their noses and shirts that were falling apart. Not exactly the type of people you would generally want to go up to at a party and shake hands with. The same thing has happened to emo. Instead of safety pins you have the zero gauge earrings/flesh tunnels, dyed black hair, and heavy eyeliner. People think emo is about being depressed and cutting themselves just like people thought punk was about getting out, doing drugs and causing trouble.

As for the discussion of what the real emo is, emo is too broad just as punk is broad of a music. emo is an attitude not a music just as punk is an attitude and not a music. These labels come from the media and corporations. The logic they use is all the kids who adopt this attitude listen to this particular kind of rock. So let's call it the rock of whatever the attitude maybe. Punk rock, emo rock? Hello!? Warning bells?

There are people out there who will say punk started with the Brits. There are others that say punk started with the poets. And there are others who will say punk started with the Velvet Underground. People now are going to say punk started with the depressed New Jersey kids. Others will say "no, no, no. it came from post-hardcore (quite aware that this movement was also big in Jersey back in the day)." And others will say you're all wrong and cite Fugazi as the father of emo. There isn't a right answer.

I would say that a few years ago I was proud to be an emo kid. Now I am completely disgusted with how it has turned out.  

tetsoysauce

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:08 pm
DaisukeOrDark
Question.
Say I hypothetically called this guy a ******** I hypothetically get in trouble?

Hypothetically, I'd laugh.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:49 pm
eri x core
DaisukeOrDark
Question.

Hypothetically, I'd pee my pants  

DaisukeOrDark

Atlanfer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:02 am
tetsoysauce
In all honesty, I can't help but notice all the similarities between the points you all raise in this discussion of emo. Why it is discriminated against? It is exactly for the same reason why punk was discriminated against. It was something that just people did not understand and the only images of the scene was what was presented to them by the media. What people thought were "punks" were a bunch of kids with safety pins through their noses and shirts that were falling apart. Not exactly the type of people you would generally want to go up to at a party and shake hands with. The same thing has happened to emo. Instead of safety pins you have the zero gauge earrings/flesh tunnels, dyed black hair, and heavy eyeliner. People think emo is about being depressed and cutting themselves just like people thought punk was about getting out, doing drugs and causing trouble.

As for the discussion of what the real emo is, emo is too broad just as punk is broad of a music. emo is an attitude not a music just as punk is an attitude and not a music. These labels come from the media and corporations. The logic they use is all the kids who adopt this attitude listen to this particular kind of rock. So let's call it the rock of whatever the attitude maybe. Punk rock, emo rock? Hello!? Warning bells?

There are people out there who will say punk started with the Brits. There are others that say punk started with the poets. And there are others who will say punk started with the Velvet Underground. People now are going to say punk started with the depressed New Jersey kids. Others will say "no, no, no. it came from post-hardcore (quite aware that this movement was also big in Jersey back in the day)." And others will say you're all wrong and cite Fugazi as the father of emo. There isn't a right answer.

I would say that a few years ago I was proud to be an emo kid. Now I am completely disgusted with how it has turned out.

right, media give youth subcultures a bad name.

DaisukeorDark
Question.
Say I hypothetically called this guy a ********.
Would I hypothetically get in trouble?

whose the ********? lol  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:06 am
DaisukeOrDark
eri x core
DaisukeOrDark
Question.

Hypothetically, I'd pee my pants

Hypothetically, I'd LOL because you peed your pants.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

Rellik Chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:06 am
DaisukeOrDark
Question.

Yes, because all though it would be funny, you'd be directly insulting him in a manner, he won't find amusing and jokey.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:40 pm
Atlanfer

DaisukeorDark
Question.

whose the ********? lol

Hypothetically.
You.  

DaisukeOrDark

Arisis gey

6,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:43 pm
u know wat i like the emo trend i consider my self to be emo and i love MCR ,the used ,ect and if u think its s**t then dont listen to it or u can ******** off and die  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:50 pm
EMOx_xVAMPIRE
u know wat i like the emo trend i consider my self to be emo and i love MCR ,the used ,ect and if u think its s**t then dont listen to it or u can ******** off and die

Thems sound like fightin' words.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

Rellik Chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:26 pm
EMOx_xVAMPIRE

MCR and the Used aren't emo numb nut.

At least learn about the genre your trying to belong too.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:23 pm
EMOx_xVAMPIRE
u know wat i like the emo trend i consider my self to be emo and i love MCR ,the used ,ect and if u think its s**t then dont listen to it or u can f**k off and die

Honestly I listen to the Used, not much of MCR though, I love em, but hey, they are not emo. and you dont have to be emo if you like those stuffs.
real emo are: pg.99, Indian Summer, cities of caterpillar, et al.

DaisukeOrDark
Atlanfer

DaisukeorDark
Question.

whose the ********? lol

Hypothetically.
You.

lol you dont have to take this thread too seriously, dude. it's just a discussion. biggrin In this age of information bashing someone if it doesnt fit to your liking is so primitive. cool  

Atlanfer

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:54 pm
Atlanfer
EMOx_xVAMPIRE
u know wat i like the emo trend i consider my self to be emo and i love MCR ,the used ,ect and if u think its s**t then dont listen to it or u can f**k off and die

Honestly I listen to the Used, not much of MCR though, I love em, but hey, they are not emo. and you dont have to be emo if you like those stuffs.
real emo are: pg.99, Indian Summer, cities of caterpillar, et al.

DaisukeOrDark
Atlanfer

DaisukeorDark
Question.

whose the ********? lol

Hypothetically.
You.

lol you dont have to take this thread too seriously, dude. it's just a discussion. biggrin In this age of information bashing someone if it doesnt fit to your liking is so primitive. cool

HEY HEY!

Before this turns into a flame war, I'm giving you two a time out... now go sit in opposite corners.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games