Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Can Music Affect...?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe that music can affect a persons demeanor/attitude?
  yes
  no
View Results

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:10 am
Blackrose Kaire
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
When I listen to Joy Division I calm down, think more reasonably, and feel the need to starve myself.

There is also music (largely being Depeche Mode) that turns me on.

New Wave turns you on?

I thought the point was the same as the blues and thats to bring everyone else down when your feeling down. D:
So your saying that listening to a song about other people suffering more than you doesn't make you happy(not turned on kinda happy...) or atleast feeling better about yourself? smile

It's like when I go into walmart and just look at people,I feel much better about the way I look xd

Its actually more a question of tempo, one of my favourite songs is called (theres always someone more) ******** up then you. But its an up tempo song with a nice happy message about how someones always worse off then you. Compare that too the down tempo and depressing nature of new wave, it just doesn't lend itself to happiness.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:49 am
Rellik San
Blackrose Kaire
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
When I listen to Joy Division I calm down, think more reasonably, and feel the need to starve myself.

New Wave turns you on?

I thought the point was the same as the blues and thats to bring everyone else down when your feeling down. D:
So your saying that listening to a song about other people suffering more than you doesn't make you happy(not turned on kinda happy...) or atleast feeling better about yourself? smile

It's like when I go into walmart and just look at people,I feel much better about the way I look xd

Its actually more a question of tempo, one of my favourite songs is called (theres always someone more) ******** up then you. But its an up tempo song with a nice happy message about how someones always worse off then you. Compare that too the down tempo and depressing nature of new wave, it just doesn't lend itself to happiness.

The entire Violater CD makes me want to sing to my cat and dance a little.
I'll count that as happy :3

New wave is one of the genres that make me easily happy, but all the music I listen to does.
A lot of what I listen to most often has a new wave, darkwave, or downtempoishness in it.

But since we're here, Industrial makes me hawt DD;  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Sharing Heartbeats

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:08 pm
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

New Wave turns you on?

Duran Duran brings you down? Might wanna get that checked out.

If you've ever listened to Depeche Mode, specifically their Some Great Reward album, you'd hear that it is largely largely sexual.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:46 pm
IY_and_MCR
Rellik San
Blackrose Kaire
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

New Wave turns you on?

The entire Violater CD makes me want to sing to my cat and dance a little.
I'll count that as happy :3

New wave is one of the genres that make me easily happy, but all the music I listen to does.
A lot of what I listen to most often has a new wave, darkwave, or downtempoishness in it.

But since we're here, Industrial makes me hawt DD;

I'm just saying the nature of New Wave isn't to encourage positive emotions. But hey your talking to a guy that laughs at Type O lyrics.

And we can all agree industrial makes us hawt.  

Rellik San
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:49 pm
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

New Wave turns you on?

If you've ever listened to Depeche Mode, specifically their Some Great Reward album, you'd hear that it is largely largely sexual.

I thought Duran Duran was a pop band, you know with songs like Girls on Film, Wild Boys, Rio and Live and Let Die not really belonging to the New Wave mold.

And yes I have listened to Depeche Mode, but I'm not talking the lyrics I'm talking in terms of tempo and rhythm.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:38 pm
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

New Wave turns you on?

I thought Duran Duran was a pop band, you know with songs like Girls on Film, Wild Boys, Rio and Live and Let Die not really belonging to the New Wave mold.

And yes I have listened to Depeche Mode, but I'm not talking the lyrics I'm talking in terms of tempo and rhythm.

Fine, substitute Duran Duran for Strawberry Switchblade.

And I was refering to both lyrics and music when it comes to Depeche Mode. Again, I will reference Some Great Reward.

Sharing Heartbeats

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:43 am
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

New Wave turns you on?

And I was refering to both lyrics and music when it comes to Depeche Mode. Again, I will reference Some Great Reward.

Yes but compare that to the low bpm and monotonous nature of other new wave, which is designed to be dark and slow and not really encourage feelings of happiness.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:57 am
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

New Wave turns you on?

Yes but compare that to the low bpm and monotonous nature of other new wave, which is designed to be dark and slow and not really encourage feelings of happiness.

Example?  

Sharing Heartbeats

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:42 pm
I Beleive that it can change a person's mood...it does for me...because for each song, a new thought/ story runs in my head...like now for example...a few minutes ago I was Crying at the thought of my boyfriend's death because I was listening to the second ending theme for Gundam Seed-"River"...now I thinking about that crazy fight seen on that island from the Pirates of the Caribean(Dead Man's chest-I <3 that movie!) becaus I'm listening to the music for it right now^^ so yeah...WHOO Go Jack! *still watching the fight seen in my head*  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:45 am
i beleve that it can, one of my friends back when we were young and stupied listened to Linken Park everyday for two year, nothing else. By the end of the second year he was in a constant state of depresed, sadly he had a "little" panic attack where he lasked out at everyone, after that we took him of the linkin park for good.  

Tahmuku

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:38 am
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

Example?
Love will tear us apart, Spiders, anything by Morrisey. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:29 am
it's true very true in my case hense why when i feel sad i listen t alice in videoland to make myself happier, i find electronica makes me happy and industrial makes me pumped up and wanting to go punch someone hahha, and psychobilly makes me wanna shave half my head, and punk makes me wanna dye my hair funky a** colours and not shower for 10 months haha(j/k about the showering part ew lol)

but those are just the extream cases really i dont even isten to punk that much, im more of a industrial powernoise synthrock electronia type fan and new wave but eigther way it does effect my mood hense why i try to uplift myself whenever i feel the need, so i have such a variety of music on my PC, and i love it al it al plays a role i find in my life and how my mood is effected
w00t  

xX x0mbie Xx

Sharing Heartbeats

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:51 pm
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

Example?

Joy Division was post-punk, and I have never considered Morrissey new wave.

Honestly, I'm going to stop this. It seems like you were arguing against me for the sake of doing so.

I'm fairly certain you'll get over the fact that Depeche Mode turns me on.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:57 am
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

Example?

Joy Division was post-punk, and I have never considered Morrissey new wave.

Honestly, I'm going to stop this. It seems like you were arguing against me for the sake of doing so.

I'm fairly certain you'll get over the fact that Depeche Mode turns me on.
I never had a problem with it to begin with, I just said it was a bit unusual is all.  

Rellik San
Crew

xStephanx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:31 pm
I think the sounds we hear all influence our mood and overall mental state, music is a more blatent form of that.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff