Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Christian anime Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zwingley is kira

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:00 pm
i really like your idea. i would definitely read/watch it. but make sure that you are competely biblically correct in everything. if your not then it will confuse some people. and we dont want that. mail me when you are done with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:05 pm
I thimk it's a really good idea. As long as it is realistic and accurate, I think it would be a great way to reach out to people in a way they can appreciate.  

p934

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:30 pm
I can assure you that I will be biblically accurate. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:40 pm
That's a really awesome idea. to be honest though, you are going to meet resistance from both sides. Almost all anime/manga publishers are just in it for the money and may not want to publish a christian anime because they won't see a profit in it. And you may get resistance from some Christians because some may have the idea that "all anime is bad no matter what."

My suggestion would be to find a large christian group, like a huge church that does a lot of multimedia stuff, and get them to support you. that way you would have a widely known name that would advertise a bit to get the word out.

but Kudos to you for giving it serious thought. and go for it.  

2ndPSP

Enduring Genius

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:01 pm
Toma-Chan0_0
That's an awesome idea!! I used to watch Super Book a lot and now I watch it with my little sister! We both love it!! I wish you luck in your project! It's a great idea!!

Superbook!? I used to watch this one too! A lot of people in Mexico watched it because people here have a LOT of faith in Christianity.

I like your idea of having people with flaws but with faith in Jesus. At least that's far more realistic than having gun-toting priests killing vampires just like in Trinity Blood or Hellsing. Just be careful to make it serious and well thought, or you'll end up with one of those shows from the EWTN that are more in-your-face Christianity than good writership.

If you want an example, try reading "The Gospel according to Jesus Christ" by José Saramago. In this novel, Jesus is stripped from all divinity and his life is described as the life of an average, mundane Jewish man from Palestine, who has a different view about Yahweh and starts creating a whole 'nother religion around it. The more hardcore Christians flamed Saramago to no end for destroying Jesus's divine status, but overall, it's a very well-done book, with a lot of thought put upon it, and it's kinda like a way to tell you how Christian-themed books and works should be done.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:42 pm
There are different ways you could do it. the story could revolve around Christian themes or it could be just some random story that stays within the boundaries of Christian values. Does that make sense?  

Loki god of BS

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:55 am
Some stories would revolve around Christian themes and some would be stories that just stay within the boundaries of Christian values. Like for instance, One of my stories is about girls with powers given to them by God have to stop evil creatures that reside in people's hearts, while another story is about a girl who can travel to other worlds, and she's a Christian. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:44 am
dunno but sounds interesting when you accomplish your goal please share ninja  

kremmit

Angelic Genius

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:42 am
sure will! whee  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:00 pm
christian anime, boy that's a toughie. i know it'd sure ruffle a few feathers.  

Robiroth

BlackSharpieMarker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:54 pm
This is just my opinion and Please Delete if you don't like Opinions;;
I honestly don't think Christianity Should be The Main Plot or Idea of Any Anime. Some Anime's prefer to "Godlike" Characters Depending on their aspects,actions,knowledge,and Sometime's Dialogue. If I picked up a biblical manga I would honestly burn it. Not alot of people want to hear about something they most likely have already read or have been told about,and or don't believe in. That and it wouldn't sell alot.I myself,am Athiest. I definetly wouldn't want to read or even acknowledge it.
No one wants to be told that this happened,he died for you,jesus loves you,evolution was really us just appearing here as we are now,none of that stupid b.s.
It's boring,and VERY unappealing.
It would be a Cartoon and Comic. Not Anime Or Manga.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:03 am
You're welcome to you're opinion, but I think it's a little harsh and judgemental to judge something on that basis. stressed sweatdrop  

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

gouki_82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm
yeah good luck whit it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:26 pm
Personally, I'm not religious. But for a lot of people religion is a large factor in their lives, and I think it's a beautiful idea to create something like this for that part of the community. To me it doesn't sound like you're trying to 'convert' people, just tell a story that shares your belief system in an artistic style you enjoy.

But plenty of people are a lot more judgmental than myself *pointed look at certain earlier posts* so the only real advice I could give would be either grow a thick skin or don't do it. Harsh, bigoted, pointlessly cruel flaming can be soul destroying and doing something that might provoke that is not for the faint of heart.

Good for you, combining two things you love and heading out on this unprecedented pathway. heart Good luck!  

o0-foxpuppet-0o

Lunatic Kisses

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:41 am
Ophelianime
My goal is to make Christian manga and anime. but good stuff, not stuff for little kids. feel free to voice opinions and ideas. but be gentle.

burning_eyes

I think its an awsome idea! Me and my sister wanted to do the same thing too biggrin  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff