Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
"Give everyone a chance..." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you judge people before you know them?
  Yes
  Sometimes, but I try not to.
  No, that is wrong.
View Results

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:23 pm
Yeah I think it's just one of our many primitive parts to be aware or judgemental. The level of conciousness depends on the individual...I once knew a girl that just muttered any darn thing, long story. Soooo......
Judgements aren't always a bad thing though. Like RellikSan said it can save your life in certain situations but judgements don't always contain bashing. If I see that same person walking down the street, I might say something else depending on my upbringing and depending on that culture it would either be offensive or taken as a compliment.
When society said it, I assumed it was meant as a social precaution because if you're wrong...NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU!!!
In short: It's not wrong but while everyone might not have wanted your judgement, they deserve an excuse.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:45 pm
I find that to judge someone is just an animal instinct that everyone has. Different animals have identity rituals, and as humans, I find we do it naturally for a couple of reasons...to find common ground among those we associate and work with, to weed out potential dangers, to determine who attracts us for various reasons, etc. It's not wrong to judge people, but personally, I find that I tend to take people at face value and go from there.

Like, one particular senario...I'm sure there are lots of us who've bumped into the current partner of an ex, and though we don't know much about them, we find ourselves shying away from them and feeling a need to put up defenses from them. Discrimination and judgement will always exist, it's natural.  

sublime_necromancer

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces