Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
How I wanted to slap this little girl... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you have done to this little girl?
I would've just ignored her comment, and smiled.
31%
 31%  [ 18 ]
I would've drop kicked this girl to another universe.
39%
 39%  [ 23 ]
I would've eaten a sammich. :3
29%
 29%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 58

SDES

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:15 pm
I'm in grade 10, and there's this white guy in my grade. He's asked me lots of stupid questions regarding my race, and he's been pretty serious.

One time, some Asian kid in grade 9 was sitting in our room, white kid asks "Is that your brother?".

On the last day of school (5 days ago) he asked me "Hey *name*, can you see very well?".
I tried telling him that my eye sight was as good as, or was better than most white or wide-eyed people - but that would require a story, so I held back.

One of my friends from preschool, he is Philipino, asked me in Ancient History "Can you speak Chinese? Aren't you Chinese?".
I thought it was really dumb of him - simply forgetting my nationality, when I've been one of the only 5-6 Asian kids in primary school AND high school.
I'm Vietnamese.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:12 am
I would have wanted to slap her too, she probably doesnt understand or know that there are different types and skin color are living in America.  

-Falling.Ice-

[~Lam~]

Playful Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:41 pm
I'm glad I never got that sort of treatment. Though I do remember being the one asian that was always left out. I didn't get it. I came to America in 1st grade and the kid that came in 5th grade was more accepted than I. I didn't really have friends until 7th grade. I had maybe 1-4 friends... Throughout Elementary... Kids never told me to go back because there were other asians that were born there so they might have been used to it. But I never really thought of myself as a true American nor do I think of myself as a true Chinese because I can't write or read Chinese very well... I can speak Chinese but to an extent. I feel like sometimes I don't have anywhere to really belong...

I sort of understand how offended you are, I really wish that people could just be more disciplined. Like asian people. XP  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:19 pm
I think that was just childhood curiosity. I don't think she understands why people immigrate and stuff..  

Dark Celerity

fluffyducky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:00 pm
Neh. You should probably whack her parents instead. The kid should probably be pretty innoccent.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:29 pm
I hate people like that  

Oreo in Coffee

AznMoNkEy101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:20 pm
i would have throw her into the garbage blaugh and then give her her open milk carton  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:52 pm
I don't know if there are many Asian Americans who work in daycares where you live. I worked as a camp counselor one year and a bunch of first grade boys started calling me the ching-chong racial slurs.

Perhaps talking to your supervisor may help? He/she may be able to talk to the child's parents.

I understand that you'd be upset, and if I were in your place, I would be too. Hope your rest of the week goes better.  

Evinyatar

Interstellar Prophet

8,390 Points
  • Springtime Scavenging 25
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Expert Skill 150

2DsGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:47 am
definatly>. xp .but u should've said,"well,y don't u open your OOOWN milk carton lil kid,or or bettr yet,y r uuu n america with all this drugs n violence,asia's more bettr smile ,n atleast ovr n china,we can open OUR milk cartons ourself mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:44 pm
One of the guys at my school asked me out. I turned him down and he called me a "stupid Jap whore" and cussed me out. I really felt like kicking him in the balls, but held it in.  

Takako Mizuki

T i M z 3 E

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:10 pm
you cannot blame a child for instance maybe she didn't know better....and didn't know, what she said was offensive or anything. I mean children..they are still growing up each day learning the escences of life, she probably didn't understand the fatcs of immigration and stuff like that. I mena my parents immigrated here to Canada because of war in their home country or which ever.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:41 pm
I wouldn't ignore her. I would make sure that she knew what she said wasn't nice. Just tell her that you don't ask questions like that and it hurt your feelings. Tell her that it is rude and ask her to say sorry. BTW, how old is she?  

Togepi13

sea-rover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:11 pm
kids are kids,you gotta understand.
they're learning how to understand the different between the world.
(unless she's already 9+ of age then i would have teach her some lesson)
but still kids are just kids.
they just eat,poop,play and sleep.
soon she'll see that she was being mean and immature but she IS still immature so just forgive her.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:30 am
hmmm...

That child might be a descendant of ku klux klan

...white supremacy... annihilate different races, Catholics, communist, natives, and Semitist... ROAR!!!  

Azirru

XobsessiveX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:00 pm
I bet she knew what she was talking about. When I was in elementary school I got called ching chong and all that stuff even though I wasn't chinese and they already knew it. Also ppl seem to be ignorant and think all asians write Kanji. But yeah the little kids who made fun of me knew I wasn't chinese and got alot of time outs. If I were you and the little girl persists with the teasing. Show her some asian discipline and make her stand on her knees in a corner for half an hour. If the parents say anything say they need to teach their kid to be more polite.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff