Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
A Healing Healers Path Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:37 am
csolei

My Reiki instructor is named Yvonne Thibodeau. I can get her lineage tomorrow when I have another class.
Usually they give your your lineage when you get your First Degree. confused

What is the name of your tradition?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:26 am
Interesting!

What gives you the idea it was brighid who spoke to you, any particular feature?  

patch99329

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:54 am
TeaDidikai
csolei

My Reiki instructor is named Yvonne Thibodeau. I can get her lineage tomorrow when I have another class.
Usually they give your your lineage when you get your First Degree. confused

What is the name of your tradition?
I hadn't 100% finished my first degree. That's what my class was for. I practice the Usui Tradition (My certificate/linneage is in the mail). I eventually plan on obtaining my 3rd degree, and master teacher. However that is a few years away. I do plan on looking at other Reiki Traditions (like Karuna) but I'm going to take things slowly. I don't want to rush my training.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:02 am
patch99329
Interesting!

What gives you the idea it was brighid who spoke to you, any particular feature?
Honestly I'm still not 100% sure that it was her. I mean it could have been any Goddess of light and healing. However I believe that it could be her as her name stuck out to me when I was reading about various deities.

She gave me no name, just a warm smile and a word about my path. Behind her was light, and around her articles of the home. She was young and welcoming, and I could feel something when I saw her/  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:41 am
csolei
I hadn't 100% finished my first degree. That's what my class was for. I practice the Usui Tradition (My certificate/linneage is in the mail). I eventually plan on obtaining my 3rd degree, and master teacher. However that is a few years away. I do plan on looking at other Reiki Traditions (like Karuna) but I'm going to take things slowly. I don't want to rush my training.
Ah I see. When you used the past tense trained I assumed you had completed your attunement.

Could you clarify what has brought you to the conclusion that Reiki requires spirituality and a connection to spirits?

csolei
Honestly I'm still not 100% sure that it was her. I mean it could have been any Goddess of light and healing. However I believe that it could be her as her name stuck out to me when I was reading about various deities.
In the Cycles, the gods of the Gael make an oath with them to be for their people alone.

Is there a particular reason you feel she has broken her oath?

Is there a reason you feel it is proper to follow a god who would break their oath?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:51 am
TeaDidikai
csolei
Ah I see. When you used the past tense trained I assumed you had completed your attunement.

Could you clarify what has brought you to the conclusion that Reiki requires spirituality and a connection to spirits?
To quote Reiki The healing touch
The healing Touch
The word Rei as use in Rei is more accurately interpreted to mean higher knowledge or spiritual wisdom. This is the wisdom that comes from God or the higher self and is the God-Consciousness which is all knowing
This basically tells me that you at least have to believe in some sort of spiritual powers or higher being.
TeaDidikai

csolei
In the Cycles, the gods of the Gael make an oath with them to be for their people alone.

Is there a particular reason you feel she has broken her oath?

Is there a reason you feel it is proper to follow a god who would break their oath?
First off I don't know much about the Celtic culture or their Gods. So with that in mind I didn't know till now that the gods of the Gael had that sort of oath. Why would she have broken her oath, unless somewhere along the lines my biological family was/is Celtic?

It wouldn't be proper to follow a god who has broken their oath, much like it would be improper to break the oath taken upon initiation into Wicca. So I guess it really couldn't be her could it?  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:11 pm
csolei
The healing Touch
The word Rei as use in Rei is more accurately interpreted to mean higher knowledge or spiritual wisdom. This is the wisdom that comes from God or the higher self and is the God-Consciousness which is all knowing
This basically tells me that you at least have to believe in some sort of spiritual powers or higher being.

Hmmm... I disagree very strongly with that book. The implied linguistics is flawed.

Actually, a very dear friend of mine is a second degree of Emerald Dragon and an Atheist.

Quote:
Why would she have broken her oath, unless somewhere along the lines my biological family was/is Celtic?
Having heritage doesn't make on a Gael however. It's a living culture.

Quote:
So I guess it really couldn't be her could it?
My guess would be no.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:39 am
TeaDidikai
csolei
The healing Touch

Hmmm... I disagree very strongly with that book. The implied linguistics is flawed.

Actually, a very dear friend of mine is a second degree of Emerald Dragon and an Atheist.
Well My master told me that it was a very spiritual path, and worked with spirits. Maybe it's just her interpertation of one of the meanings for the Rei in Reiki.

That is not the first place I have seen Reiki defined as such. Maybe the people in my line started to take a spiritual approach to Reiki? Usui himself was Christian, so perhaps thats where it comes from? I don't know. I'm just going by what I was tought.

Maybe it just goes on how each master was attuned and trained. In my second class (Yvonne did two 1 day weekend sessions) I did a meditation to meet my Reiki Spirit Guide, who would help me work Reiki on myself and others. From that experience can one not say that there is some spirituality involved in Reiki?

Also note: I finally got my linneage. It's listed on the front page in the "questions" section.
TeaDidikai

Quote:
Why would she have broken her oath, unless somewhere along the lines my biological family was/is Celtic?
Having heritage doesn't make on a Gael however. It's a living culture.
I know that now, and take back that section. I will edit that part of my post.
TeaDidikai

Quote:
So I guess it really couldn't be her could it?
My guess would be no.
I guess I'll just have to look up healing deities from open Pantheons. I have an interest in Sekhment and Bastet in their healer aspect, but I'm not going to state it was them. Maybe I'm not ment to know who she was yet. I just know I'm a healer, and here to help people heal.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:27 am
loona wynd
Well My master told me that it was a very spiritual path, and worked with spirits. Maybe it's just her interpertation of one of the meanings for the Rei in Reiki.
It's actually a poor translation of Japanese. Rei is closer to Universal than Gnosis or anything of that sort.
This might be a function of people mixing their personal desires with something else- eisegesis.

Quote:
That is not the first place I have seen Reiki defined as such. Maybe the people in my line started to take a spiritual approach to Reiki? Usui himself was Christian, so perhaps thats where it comes from? I don't know. I'm just going by what I was tought.
My understanding is that Ususi himself actually secularized it because of his time in the Buddhist Temples.

Quote:
Maybe it just goes on how each master was attuned and trained. In my second class (Yvonne did two 1 day weekend sessions) I did a meditation to meet my Reiki Spirit Guide, who would help me work Reiki on myself and others. From that experience can one not say that there is some spirituality involved in Reiki?
I think it would be fair to say that such is not Reiki- but revisions added to a specific tradition.

It's akin to what the different Wiccan authors do- in that they can add to material, but not take away from it.

My personal concern is what happens when said authors present the information as historical fact and tradition rather than personal position.

It's actually one of the main reasons I hold three different attunements. Emerald Dragon, while a beautiful tradition, has a lot of Yasmine's personal perspective in it and is taught as such.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:31 am
Oh! That explains it! Rand mixed a lot of personal ideologies into his tradition and didn't mark them as such.

Good to know.  

TeaDidikai

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:32 am
TeaDidikai
loona wynd
It's actually a poor translation of Japanese. Rei is closer to Universal than Gnosis or anything of that sort.
This might be a function of people mixing their personal desires with something else- eisegesis.
Possibly.
TeaDidikai

Quote:
My understanding is that Ususi himself actually secularized it because of his time in the Buddhist Temples.
I need to do more reading and research on the subject. Your probably right though.
TeaDidikai

Quote:
I think it would be fair to say that such is not Reiki- but revisions added to a specific tradition.

It's akin to what the different Wiccan authors do- in that they can add to material, but not take away from it.

My personal concern is what happens when said authors present the information as historical fact and tradition rather than personal position.

It's actually one of the main reasons I hold three different attunements. Emerald Dragon, while a beautiful tradition, has a lot of Yasmine's personal perspective in it and is taught as such.
Fair enough.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:35 am
TeaDidikai
Oh! That explains it! Rand mixed a lot of personal ideologies into his tradition and didn't mark them as such.

Good to know.
That creates a problem and mis understanding. Oh well. It's part of the tradition I was trained in. Though I am open to different views and traditions.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:31 pm
The tradition isn't bad. It just isn't clear on what is Reiki and what is personal belief.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:13 am
TeaDidikai
The tradition isn't bad. It just isn't clear on what is Reiki and what is personal belief.
That's part of the reason why I'm thinking about finding a different teacher for the rest of my training.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:45 pm
loona wynd
TeaDidikai
That's part of the reason why I'm thinking about finding a different teacher for the rest of my training.
Which traditions are you looking into?  
PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces