Community for those interested in the darker, alternative side of life 

Tags: Alternative, Community, Rock, Chat, Goth 

Reply *The Hall of Diversity*
Mythology Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your favourite era of mythology?
  Ancient Egypt
  Aztec
  Greek
  Roman
  Norse
  Other
View Results

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:03 pm
I just realised I haven't pointed out one of the major things that shows how much I like mythology; I named my cat Loki xd

Anyway these links might be useful.

Wikiedia list of Mythologies
http://www.godchecker.com/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:35 am
That's cute xp  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Airforce Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:42 am
Once for history I had to do an oral presentation on Pegasus.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:59 pm
Mythology fascinates me! I like almost all of it. I like how once you get the background information on a Myth you find it's roots tangled in videogame storylines and other literature. One example I know off the top of my head is in the game: Shadow of the Collosses (sp?).
Well, the last battle you face this enormous guy that shoots lightning with the power of his own fingertips. Instantly he reminded me of the Norse Thunder God, Thor.
Greek mythology is used quite often. Same with the Chinese Zodiac. I would really love to learn more about the Celtic Myths. :33  

Ziporae
Crew

Devoted Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150

Airforce Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:41 pm
Do you know that there was a Roman gos of s**t.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:14 am
really? They had Gods for everything xp  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:41 am
Anyone have any favourite gods?

Mine are the ancient Egyptian ones Anubis (god of mummification) cause he looks awesome with the head of a jackal, and I love all the lore behind mummification and how they prepared the dead, and Horus, (god of the sky) cause he looks cool too with a falcons head, and I love the story behind his family.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:04 pm
i am a fan of iris just because she is the greek godess of the rainbow. i love rainbows. 4laugh  

Izlin

Izlin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:13 am
pokes.*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:28 am
There is a goddess of rainbows? aww they had gods for everything sweatdrop  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Incinerella
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:04 pm
I think Thor is my favourite, it's easy to see why people thought that thunder and lightning were the product of a God, (if people really took it that seriously).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:29 am
I think that Thor is probably the most believable...people wouldn't have understood what thunder and lightning was, and I think the whole portrayal of Thor with the hammer and everything is a constructive way of developing something to explain the thunder.

For instance, I have no idea why Satan is represented by a goat...  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Dismal Living

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:51 pm
mythology is great my favorite would be in ancient egypt, native, and greek.
my least favorite...christianity.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:59 am
Dismal Living

I can't understand why people are so ready to believe Christianity almost literally word for word from the Bible...yet regard ancient egyptian religion as mythology...the people in the bible and the stories are based on some of the ancient egyptian stuff...Horus is almost a Jesus figure...and Christian's have a cross as an icon which is just a simplified Ankh. And when you finish a prayer, you say "amen" which is a development of "amun", the name of the sun god...it's the same thing, just modified for modern day....  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Summoned Shadows

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:11 am
Shadow__Dweller
Dismal Living

I can't understand why people are so ready to believe Christianity almost literally word for word from the Bible...yet regard ancient egyptian religion as mythology...the people in the bible and the stories are based on some of the ancient egyptian stuff...Horus is almost a Jesus figure...and Christian's have a cross as an icon which is just a simplified Ankh. And when you finish a prayer, you say "amen" which is a development of "amun", the name of the sun god...it's the same thing, just modified for modern day....

yeah.. the Christians based a large amount of their things from older cultures..and then the ungrateful bastards go on to bash them as much as possible...I myself happen to follow the ancient Egyptian religion. (infact i have an altar in my bedroom. with my home goddess (Bastet) and home god (Ra] they are the two that i make more frequent offerings to. one of the other gods of whom receives many an offering of mine would be Tehuti (Thoth) because i am a writer and a student..  
*The Hall of Diversity*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff