Reply *The Hall of Diversity*
Tarot Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:56 am
The only thing that makes me wonder if people can contact spirits (or vice versa...) is something that happened a couple of years ago. (WARNING: Long post alert!.) My mum wanted to see a medium who was doing a large session in a nearby town and invited her two sisters along. This story is about the youngest of them, and so I won't name names, I'll just call her H.

So they got to the place were the edium was going to be and settled down. The medium doing the session would describe who was coming through, or how they died, that kind of thing until someone in the audience would recogise them. More than a little suspicious I know sweatdrop This carried on until the medium said they were getting the spirit of a young man, who died suddenly from a head injury. They said they were getting images of a baby bouncer, and some other things I can't remember right now. And then H put her hand up.

The story is quite sad actually. When H was around sixteen (this was in the 70's!) she was part of a youth group. One day they went on a trip to an ice rink in Richmond, and while they were there one of her friends slipped and badly hit his head on the ice. Over the next few day he complained of dizziness and nauseau which the doctors put down to concussion...and then he died in his sleep from a blood clot on the brain.

Now this is were it gets interesting. The reason he was contacting her was that he felt he had been forgotten by his family (they didn't have any pictures of him on show or anything) and she had recently told some of her friends this story. They'd been waiting in line at a theme park for one of those rides that are essentially giant baby bouncers.

Now I know my aunt. She isn't the kind of person to just sit quietly while someone tells her a load of rubbish xp She's always been very practical and down to earth and her friends are the same. This isn't the kind of thing she goes in for, and trust me, she was as suprised as anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:00 am
That sounds quite spooky actually... sweatdrop but what I find suspicious is that beginning part, which almost EVERY medium does...they go through with a list of signals they are getting and hope someone in the audience knows them..I think that's silly...

But yeah if I was probably at a medium thing I would be spooked out...I'm suspicious of it all which is why I don't wanna be spooked out by something that could just be a hoax. I can respect and understand why people go to mediums though if they need reassurance and closure.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:05 am
I could cope with the 'spookyness' of the whole experience; I'd actually find it pretty reassuring if ny relatives came through. The only downside is I get upset really easily sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:10 am
aww *huggles*  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:51 pm
I just realised what I should have said when this topic turned towards ghosts...

"Did The Sixth Sense teach you nothing?!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:41 am
My tarot readings sometimes come true.. I guess you really have to look into it though. I just think they are cards for the most part.. A lot of fun to use.  

Ziporae
Crew

Devoted Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:43 am
Yeah that's exactly what I think. They're just a bit of fun. But it is spooky when it comes true.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 am
I don'tbelieve in tarot, my roommates sisterdoes it and always gives me aome bogus fourtune like You will face a hardships all next week, when she knows very well that exams are next week.  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:25 am
xp
technically Tarot shouldn't be used to predict the future..what you're really mean to do is think of a situation or a problem in your head, then choose the cards and they are supposed to help you come up with an answer to solve your problem.
It all depends on the person who's doing the reading too, and how well they can interpret the person they are reading for. Professional Tarot readers get to know what the person si really like just by looking at little signs like their body language, and asking them subtle questions, then they make the cards fit with the person.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:50 am
I have had a reading done for me by a frined of mine. I found that it really helped me look at what I was doing and the situation i was in and how to make it better.

I don't have a deck of my own, too many to chose from. Also too many different books to get as well. Also there are different packs with books and decks that you can use to help you.

I take it very serously, as Devniation is part of my religion. So Tarot will at some time become a big part in my life.  

redtearsblackwings

*The Hall of Diversity*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces