Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
AC and smuggling are just as bad as vac-hacking! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of AC?
  It's great! I use it all the time!
  I don't use it, but I don't mind that other people do.
  It's retarded and against the rules!
  AC? What's that?
View Results

Kyruni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:02 pm
Nekenshi
I play first person shooters. I get my parties in.

Fastest clicker on the East Coast

Psssh yeah right I could take you any day.

I think that smuggling should be fixed in some miracle-like manner and A.C is hacking  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:36 am
Kyruni
Nekenshi
I play first person shooters. I get my parties in.

Fastest clicker on the East Coast

Psssh yeah right I could take you any day.

I think that smuggling should be fixed in some miracle-like manner and A.C is hacking
A way to stop it is to make it so you have to click the person to leave PQ around 5 times.
I think that MIGHT stop it a little.  

Zarow

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:32 pm
Huh, AC is hacking?
I thought it was just considered a third party program(which is still not allowed). Hey, I don't think it's fair if hackers can get away with it but face it... you'll miss a lot of PQs if you or your leader don't have AC that's why I don't like PQ. I mean, the prizes and experience isn't aren't THAT great. I relaly don't care about ACers anymore. THere's too many. I don't wanna go around reporting every Ludi PQ leader...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:02 pm
isn't AC good but it makes you tired? i don't know about smuggling but all i know is it's bad but also helps on the first stage of the Kerning PQ.Is AC really hacking i'm sure it's just where you keep on clicking on the NPC that leads you to the PQ area  

slayer770die

Dangerous Genius

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100

__penguin__
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:53 pm
slayer770die
isn't AC good but it makes you tired? i don't know about smuggling but all i know is it's bad but also helps on the first stage of the Kerning PQ.Is AC really hacking i'm sure it's just where you keep on clicking on the NPC that leads you to the PQ area

No, it's a third-party program that automatically clicks, and it's against the rules.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:09 pm
A.C. stands for Automatic Clicking.

People refer to normal, legal, fair way of clicking as Hand Clicking, H.C.

A.C. is against the ToS.

A Rusty Nail

Brighte

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:25 pm
well it doesnt really "unbenefit" me when sum1 else is using it. especially if their in my party. but if theres like a hacker autolooting stuff, thats not cool.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:45 am
I've always disagreed with AC, even when I did hack. (Don't anymore, don't use the characters, so please don't lecture me. It was a very long time ago.)
It IS a hack, because it's just like the tools people use for hacking. I once told someone I'd report them if they used AC for hacking, and they just said "lol! it's not a hack cuz every1 duz it, noob." then defamed me. lol XD
For quite a while it felt like everyone hacked, but that didn't mean that hacking was okay, and I think that ACers should be just as equally punished as 'regular' hackers.
As for smuggling, never heard of it O.o Though from your description, I'd have to say that'd be unfair to ban for. I was guild PQing for the first time and dc'd half-way through. If I had had items meant for the PQ, by your standards, I should have been banned.
It's hard to tell if someone does it on purpose or not, and I can see a lot of trouble arising if they started banning/punishing everyone who lagged out durring a PQ.  

Mimisi Setsuai

Zarow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:29 pm
D i v i n i t y
Huh, AC is hacking?
I thought it was just considered a third party program(which is still not allowed). Hey, I don't think it's fair if hackers can get away with it but face it... you'll miss a lot of PQs if you or your leader don't have AC that's why I don't like PQ. I mean, the prizes and experience isn't aren't THAT great. I relaly don't care about ACers anymore. THere's too many. I don't wanna go around reporting every Ludi PQ leader...

I've made it in PLENTY of times without AC.
Against ACs.
And lately there has been a HUGE raise in the number of AC users in Kerning.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:33 pm
Mimisi Setsuai
As for smuggling, never heard of it O.o Though from your description, I'd have to say that'd be unfair to ban for. I was guild PQing for the first time and dc'd half-way through. If I had had items meant for the PQ, by your standards, I should have been banned.
It's hard to tell if someone does it on purpose or not, and I can see a lot of trouble arising if they started banning/punishing everyone who lagged out durring a PQ.

I don't think you understand.

It's when you take them OUT of the PQ and use them again in a NEW PQ.  

Zarow

__penguin__
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:06 pm
Mimisi Setsuai
I've always disagreed with AC, even when I did hack. (Don't anymore, don't use the characters, so please don't lecture me. It was a very long time ago.)
It IS a hack, because it's just like the tools people use for hacking. I once told someone I'd report them if they used AC for hacking, and they just said "lol! it's not a hack cuz every1 duz it, noob." then defamed me. lol XD
For quite a while it felt like everyone hacked, but that didn't mean that hacking was okay, and I think that ACers should be just as equally punished as 'regular' hackers.

What the hell are you talking about? You don't keep the items from a pq unless you smuggle them out. They get automatically removed from your inventory when you leave the exit area unless you smuggle. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:32 pm
Actually, an AC built into Windows (or whatever you use) would not be considered a 3rd party program. It would be 2nd party, because Maplwestory requires Windows to run, and the ac would be a part of Windows. They do exist, but aren't very fast.  

Lord Haragorn

Brighte

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:11 pm
Lord Haragorn
Actually, an AC built into Windows (or whatever you use) would not be considered a 3rd party program. It would be 2nd party, because Maplwestory requires Windows to run, and the ac would be a part of Windows. They do exist, but aren't very fast.

so does that make it legal?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:58 pm
hisako`
Lord Haragorn

so does that make it legal?

No. rolleyes

Also I hate when people refer to things in mmorpgs as "legal" or "illegal". They aren't federal laws, they're rules! You don't get arrested if you break them (but that doesn't mean you should break them anyway). gonk  

__penguin__
Crew

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:39 pm
Mimisi Setsuai

Well actually, if you dc with said items, when you relog in, you log into the exit room, in every PQ.

You dont log back in outside the pq, therefor when you exit, you lose the items anyways.  
Maple Story

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff