Welcome to Gaia! ::

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Back to Guilds

Community for those interested in the darker, alternative side of life 

Tags: Alternative, Community, Rock, Chat, Goth 

Reply *The Hall of Diversity*
(Art World) -show off your art- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Serious Hatred

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:34 pm
I agree with everyone... And Dweller is right... In time you will be able to draw as good as I... Practice makes perfect... Or alot better than before...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:46 am
no-one's looked at mine cry

anyway, what are your favourite mediums guys? II love combining chalk and charcoal. 3nodding and I also like water-colour pencils.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:06 am
Shadow__Dweller
Kalvaya
I love drawing but I lack the talent for it emo Same goes for photography.

Just a couple of photos;
beach
portsmouth

And some very scrappy drawings;
random
scrappy
thoughtful

those pictures aren't scrappy. they're great. you don't lack talent at all.

Aww thank you heart Practice makes perfect, so I'm going to keep trying! And I have looked at your work, and think it's brilliant. I only didn't say anything because you should already know how talented you are 3nodding

Personally I like using regular old coloured pencils when I'm drawing. Less messy, and less chance of cats jumping on wet paint sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:42 am
Your welcome. 3nodding and thanks, I'm sure you've seen alot of it before anyway wink

I haven't used coloured pencils for ages, cause they weren't "good enough" for a levels and pre degree. I did use them last week though to sketch a picture of Lara Croft, but I haven't really missed them, I prefer other stuff.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:33 pm
how am i propose to create a link. i try photobucket. i click on an image iwant then press link image, and it did work crying .  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:37 am
underneath the thmbnail of the image is a list of 4 different codes...you choose the one that says "direct link" or something like that.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:36 am
Shadow__Dweller
Your welcome. 3nodding and thanks, I'm sure you've seen alot of it before anyway wink

I haven't used coloured pencils for ages, cause they weren't "good enough" for a levels and pre degree. I did use them last week though to sketch a picture of Lara Croft, but I haven't really missed them, I prefer other stuff.

And that's why I only draw for fun xd
Anyway, usually by the time I've finished something I hate it too much to colour it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:49 am
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa23/Rose_the_Angel_of_Death/swordhandle.jpg  

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:15 am
Kalvaya
Shadow__Dweller

And that's why I only draw for fun xd
Anyway, usually by the time I've finished something I hate it too much to colour it.

stop having so little confidance in yourself. Since I studied art I rarely ever just draw "for fun" outside of a project. I'm too used to drawing still life's and stuff, I find them more interesting and easier to draw than a character...because the character or person is just flat..the still life or person in real life is 3d, and I find it much easier to capture the light and dark areas and shade something in thats 3D.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:21 am
Thank you, that means a lot smile

I though it would be particularly good to post this. The full version of the picture is here if you want to see it.

User Image  

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:59 am
That's pretty awesome. where is that??

I love Alchemy Gothic art. You can see some here: http://www.alchemy-gothic.com/alchemygothicart.html
I have a calendar 3nodding The only thing I don't like is that the women are always drawn as "perfect woman". stare  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:55 am
Shadow__Dweller

I love Alchemy Gothic art. You can see some here: http://www.alchemy-gothic.com/alchemygothicart.html
I have a calendar 3nodding The only thing I don't like is that the women are always drawn as "perfect woman". stare

It's a tomb in a local town church. A load of places were open this weekend for 'heritage days' so I went along and took some pictures 3nodding

The art on that site looks good but I agree with you about the women evil I think a lot of them look anorexic more than anything.

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:18 pm
Kalvaya
Shadow__Dweller

It's a tomb in a local town church. A load of places were open this weekend for 'heritage days' so I went along and took some pictures 3nodding

The art on that site looks good but I agree with you about the women evil I think a lot of them look anorexic more than anything.

ah right, that's cool 3nodding I love churches. While I'm not religious, I love the architecture of churches. They make great photographs.

Yeah. I like the dragon pictures best. And the one that's like the yin and yang symbol but with death and an angel.
the picture for September on my calendar is a poison pixie and it's really beautiful, except that she's drawn with big boobs and a really curvey body, long legs, and you can see her ribs... rolleyes There are never any men in the artwork, apart from male skeletons rolleyes

here's some other gothic art: http://www.monolithgraphics.com/darkrealms.html
the women aren't so bad on those.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:44 am
If you like church architecture these pictures might be of interest to you. They were taken in the same church as the tomb I posted earlier, but be warned some of them are a little blurry (my hands were shaking a lot that day) sweatdrop

tomb
altar
ceiling
main window
corner view

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:23 am
Taking photos in a church is always difficult because of the dim lighting. you really need a tripod. Those pictures of the window are nice though 3nodding

Here's some of mine:
these were taken in Roslin chapel that's featured in the Da Vinci Code.
Pillar

Hanging angel

chapel

this is the ceiling: ceiling

and here's a picture I took in Shrewsbury. they have loads of cool old buildings like this there:
Ludlow  
*The Hall of Diversity*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces