Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Chaos Dwarfs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:53 pm
I am Russian communist Chaos Dwarf, give me all your poplecca (don't know if I spelled that right) Aargh!
Then democrates come and shoot up the dwarf. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:18 am
http://uk.games-workshop.com/chronicles/chaos-dwarfs/1/
It's a PDF for the CD army list.Perfectly legal to use.My friend collects them and they are quite formidible.  

GT_Popogeejo

Hellwolve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:53 am
I'll just say this: if they make a whole army of Chaos Dwarfs , or at least more units so they can be a (large) part of a Chaos Army, and if they look good, I'll start collecting them right away. What's not to love about an evil shooty army with blunderbusses? wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:36 pm
My brother collects chaos dwarves. They are a perfectly legitimate army (You can use them in tournements). The only trouble is finding models for them. Finding actual CDs is easy on ebay, but Hobgoblins are expensive. You can think of them like the wood elves used to be before the remakes were released. You can't get models for them nor can you buy the army book anymore (there actually was an army book for a while). The hats were purposefully oversized. They were meant to look Assyrian/Babylonian, with their curled beards and cylindrical hats, and the armor too. Many think that the hats may be to compensate for size, which may be true.

Anyways this is a disclaimer for those who think this belongs in the Chaos area. They are not Chaos, but in fact their own army twisted by chaos, much like the dark elves.  

Lethkhar

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:19 pm
Lethkhar
My brother collects chaos dwarves. They are a perfectly legitimate army (You can use them in tournements). The only trouble is finding models for them. Finding actual CDs is easy on ebay, but Hobgoblins are expensive. You can think of them like the wood elves used to be before the remakes were released. You can't get models for them nor can you buy the army book anymore (there actually was an army book for a while). The hats were purposefully oversized. They were meant to look Assyrian/Babylonian, with their curled beards and cylindrical hats, and the armor too. Many think that the hats may be to compensate for size, which may be true.

Anyways this is a disclaimer for those who think this belongs in the Chaos area. They are not Chaos, but in fact their own army twisted by chaos, much like the dark elves.

Dude, they are part of Chaos, they have Daemon Prince special character, and can be used in Chaos armies. Oh, and Slaanesh only played a part of the Great Divide between the Elves. Mainly it's because the Witch King was denided his birth right to be the next Phoneix King. So he just created a big war between the Elves spilting them into two seperate Elven race, and became, and still is, the King of that race. Chaos only played a part. So, Chaos Dwarfs are members of Chaos, GW spilt them into Hordes of Chaos, Beast of Chaos, and Chaos Dwarfs is because Chaos is the biggest army around.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:33 pm
CD are NOT chaos!They use it as they use Orcs and Goblins.Rather than allie with it they enslave it.They bind deamons into their weapons.

Deamon_King
Chaos only played a part. So, Chaos Dwarfs are members of Chaos, GW spilt them into Hordes of Chaos, Beast of Chaos, and Chaos Dwarfs is because Chaos is the biggest army around.

CD were around before the chaos book was broken down into smaller bits.The CD have their own god,Hashut.Hashut may be a deamon prince or another chaos god but that dosen't matter.The point is while deamons,mortals and beastmen are all one army under chaos CD are just allies.They trade their guns for slaves but fight on their own.

As for a deamon prince special character...Wa?Never heard of this.As far as CD are concerned thay aren't chaos,just corrupted dwarfs.They should be called Dark Dwarfs but that dosen't sound as good.

They will probably appear in an army book called "machines of chaos"
but don't be fooled,they don't worchip weak chaos gods,they merely use them for their own plots....

I would post a link to the wiki article on them but it's out of date.Try looking on Hand of Hashut(a CD site)where they have the complete background.  

GT_Popogeejo

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:16 pm
GT_Popogeejo
CD are NOT chaos!They use it as they use Orcs and Goblins.Rather than allie with it they enslave it.They bind deamons into their weapons.

Deamon_King
Chaos only played a part. So, Chaos Dwarfs are members of Chaos, GW spilt them into Hordes of Chaos, Beast of Chaos, and Chaos Dwarfs is because Chaos is the biggest army around.

CD were around before the chaos book was broken down into smaller bits.The CD have their own god,Hashut.Hashut may be a deamon prince or another chaos god but that dosen't matter.The point is while deamons,mortals and beastmen are all one army under chaos CD are just allies.They trade their guns for slaves but fight on their own.

As for a deamon prince special character...Wa?Never heard of this.As far as CD are concerned thay aren't chaos,just corrupted dwarfs.They should be called Dark Dwarfs but that dosen't sound as good.

but don't be fooled,they don't worchip weak chaos gods,they merely use them for their own plots....

I would post a link to the wiki article on them but it's out of date.Try looking on Hand of Hashut(a CD site)where they have the complete background.

Chaos Dwarfs have the use of Orcs and Goblins because they created them, and don't say they didn't. I found the special character on the website of Chaos Dwarfs, I'm not sure about it either. They are appart of Chaos, they can be used in Chaos armies. If they make a comeback that's how they'll probably comeback as. Think about when the Hellcannon was made and introduce, it had a Chaos Dwarf crew. It was while ago when they had an official army book, and if they remake the army my guess they would be officially appart of Chaos.

Edit: I found the Daemon, and is actually a Greater Daemon called Baal.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:01 pm
Daemon_king
GT_Popogeejo

Deamon_King

Chaos Dwarfs have the use of Orcs and Goblins because they created them, and don't say they didn't. I found the special character on the website of Chaos Dwarfs, I'm not sure about it either. They are appart of Chaos, they can be used in Chaos armies. If they make a comeback that's how they'll probably comeback as. Think about when the Hellcannon was made and introduce, it had a Chaos Dwarf crew. It was while ago when they had an official army book, and if they remake the army my guess they would be officially appart of Chaos.

Edit: I found the Daemon, and is actually a Greater Daemon called Baal.

Ok listen I asked my brother. That demon character, Baal, is not a demon as you know them from chaos. He's a strange entity that comes from the furnaces of Hashut himself. He never appeared in the army book, he was released afterward and they never created rules for him, he was (is) just a collectible. Oh, and the chaos dwarves created greenskins? I would love to know your source, because niether I nor my brother has ever heard of this. They simply enslaved them when they found them, they didn't create them.

Yes, when and if they release chaos dwarves again it will probably be another part of chaos. The problem is, I can't see how they would balance it out. I play Chaos, and they're tough enough without an earthshaker cannon (shudder) or blunderbusses. Not to mention bull centaurs!

So what I'm saying is that Chaos dwarves shouldn't be another part of chaos, but they probably will be. If so, I can't wait to be able to use earthshaker cannons! twisted

P.S. Sorry about the reference to Dark Elves, I'm not very familiar with their history, though I do know that the worship the god Khaine, who many think is the same god as Khorne. And yes, Slaanesh also. Thing is, CD's worship none of the chaos gods, but worship Hashut.  

Lethkhar

GT_Popogeejo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:55 pm
The CD only created black orcs and thats in a crude sense of created.They made them the armour and bred them to be tougher.

Khaine isn't Khorne.Kaine is an elven god of murder.He dose not see spilling blood as sport but as nesseity.khorne see's killing as a release.

Quote:
Think about when the Hellcannon was made and introduce, it had a Chaos Dwarf crew. It was while ago when they had an official army book, and if they remake the army my guess they would be officially appart of Chaos.

AS I said,CD will trade weapons for slaves.This would include crew for larger weapons.CD still know that manlings can't shoot and beasts would just set them selves on fire so they(the CD) crew their guns.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:27 am
Well in my army book (chaos) I quote "The dark elves worship Khaine, god of murder, and the experts who dare meddle with these things are not sure whether he is another embodiment of Khorne, or a lesser entity in his own right."

Khorne sees killing as a necessity. That's how you worship him, he's the God of War.  

Lethkhar

Reddemon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:50 pm
dthed
i play dwarfs and you sayin the chaos dwarfs are an add-on to the dwarfs is insulting.
I'll give ya a great tip. Dont listen to him too much  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:12 pm
Chaos Dwarfs were corrupted yes, but they do not fight for any of the Chaos gods as we know them, or for the reigning chaos lords, except as mercenaries. They only care about themselves and getting more slaves. They sell their weapons and services to anyone, even ogres (leadbelcher cannons!).

Hashut is, given what I have read, is alteast a minor god. And I just found his daemons, very cool I must say. But are they canon?

They bred the Black Orcs, not regular orcs, or goblins for that matter. Hobgolins were always around and were also forces into slavery.

As far as I know, Khaine is not Khorne, just like in 40k, the Bloody Handed God is NOT the Blood God.

Will GW attach them to Chaos; I pray to Hashut himself they don't! But knowing GW, they might....  

berserker_girl

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:55 pm
Like I've said before: If they attach CDs to Chaos, you can say goodbye to balanced armies. Lists of tournement winner armies will be something like this:
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Skaven
Chaos
Chaos
Wood Elves
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Orcs and Goblins
Chaos
Chaos
etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Lethkhar
Like I've said before: If they attach CDs to Chaos, you can say goodbye to balanced armies. Lists of tournement winner armies will be something like this:
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Skaven
Chaos
Chaos
Wood Elves
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Chaos
Orcs and Goblins
Chaos
Chaos
etc.

Not exactly, Chaos is pretty expensive, and can be easily outnumbered.  

Daemon_King

DemonicCurse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:04 pm
If only they had stand and shoot in 5th edition... Blunderbusses getting to stand and shoot would be awesome because think of all the dead models! I haven't checked the rules but weren't they only 12 points?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff