Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
American Cheese? French Bread? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:49 pm
Timeless_Visage
Well.....What's right with Canada?
What's right with Canada? Well excuse me but I can get into a long heated discussion about this and compare historical actions and tell you exactly what is right about Canada. But I'm not here to do that. I happen to live in Canada and I quite like it. If you complain about being American but then have the nerve to say EWW at my homeland? I'm not here to start a fight, but please be careful what you say as you never know who you'll offend. I'd love to go to england too but I'm not putting down where I grew up.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:47 am
Canada can't be too bad, after the war of 1812 (or whenever it was) thousands and thousands of loyal British moved up to Canada.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:03 am
Angilwingz
Timeless_Visage
Well.....What's right with Canada?
What's right with Canada? Well excuse me but I can get into a long heated discussion about this and compare historical actions and tell you exactly what is right about Canada. But I'm not here to do that. I happen to live in Canada and I quite like it. If you complain about being American but then have the nerve to say EWW at my homeland? I'm not here to start a fight, but please be careful what you say as you never know who you'll offend. I'd love to go to england too but I'm not putting down where I grew up.

.....You took me way too seriously.

But, since you seem so eager to get into a discussion about whether Canada is crappy or not, I'll alow you to start. ;p

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:27 am
To go back to a slight deviation of the original topic of conversation; did anyone see 'Absolute Power' the other day? The one where they had to make people like America.  

and_solo_said

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:07 pm
I said I didn't want to get into an argument. I live in Canada; I have all my life. I'm not saying that it's perfect or the best I'm just saying that if you're going to insult my homeland I'm going to need to see your reasoning. And it's true about the war of 1812.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:01 pm
As much as I love England and all, I'm thinking about moving to Canada, possibly in the quebec side. Then I get the free health care and cool benefits but I'm still close to home. 4laugh  

LLT

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:25 am
LLT
As much as I love England and all, I'm thinking about moving to Canada, possibly in the quebec side. Then I get the free health care and cool benefits but I'm still close to home. 4laugh

I heard they might be getting rid of free health care soon in Canada. This is just a ruhmor I heard from a friend though and it may not be accurate.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:44 pm
Fourcolour
Ares
Invictus_88
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88
Sociologically interesting.

Hailing 'freedom' as very American and very non-continental just as US civil liberties are being pulled down by the government..

Dystopic world-power, anyone?

rolleyes

Save me? crying

I dun wanna be American!

Armed resistance? Flee to Canada, land of the free? Bugger off to Blighty?

If I bugger to Blighty, who would save me from the sudden shock of everyone speaking correct english?!?

The beautiful thing about language is that it shifts constantly, so eventually slang makes become a part of the recognised lexicon of the nation.

That is NOT an encouraging truth.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:36 pm
Places actually called them Freedom Fries? I'd vaguely hoped and assumed the general American public was more intelligent than that, and that it was just a few crazed fanatics advocating the switch.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:09 pm
Timeless_Visage
LLT

I heard they might be getting rid of free health care soon in Canada. This is just a ruhmor I heard from a friend though and it may not be accurate.

If they are, I'm gonna be pissed off. razz Guess that means I'll just have to move to England. xp  

LLT

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:11 pm
LLT
Timeless_Visage
LLT

If they are, I'm gonna be pissed off. razz Guess that means I'll just have to move to England. xp

It might be a wise decision. It does put a considerable strain on government funds.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:16 pm
Timeless_Visage
LLT
Timeless_Visage
LLT

It might be a wise decision. It does put a considerable strain on government funds.

America puts a considerable strain on my funds. confused  

LLT

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:20 pm
LLT
Timeless_Visage
LLT
Timeless_Visage
LLT

Yeah... And, it'll probably only get worse, 'cause of inflation or some such... taxes rising, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:23 pm
Timeless_Visage
LLT
Timeless_Visage
LLT
Timeless_Visage
LLT

Yeah... And, it'll probably only get worse, 'cause of inflation or some such... taxes rising, etc.

The state I live in is tax free. biggrin

But I work in Massachusetts and they tax out the a**. ;  

LLT

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:25 pm
LLT
The state I live in is tax free. biggrin

But I work in Massachusetts and they tax out the a**. ;

Ah, same as our own Mr Diggles..

..I'm trying to not suspect you of being his transvestite alternative avatar, but only with partial success.

gonk

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces