Galaxy Quest. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rigu Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:04 am
kyle stabell
has any one noticed that the ship in that movie looks vaguely like a federation ship?
It's s'posed to. The movie is spoofing Star Trek.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:30 am
I love that movie. 3nodding  

GreenCat3

Elrohir Helyanwe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:10 am
Yes very funny. Have you listen to it in the other languages?  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:30 pm
It's a very funny movie, and a great send-up of the whole trek series.  

Wind-Whisper

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:15 pm
"We've gotta get out of here before one of them kills Guy!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:31 pm
Sannie P
Never give up, never surrender.

I bought the VHS and I guess I have seen it about 8 times now.

Wow... I saw Nemesis only 5 times O_o

Have you listened to the track dubbed in the Squid language?  

Wind-Whisper

Wind-Whisper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:33 pm
kyle stabell
has any one noticed that the ship in that movie looks vaguely like a federation ship?

Everything looks like Star trek! It sends up TOS, TNG, the movies, and even has hints of ENT, even though ENT hadn't yet come on the scene.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:29 pm
...Sacrilige! Tim Allen does play a good Shatner, though... Something along the lines of 'I got the lead role, therefore I must be a real stud-muffin. Still am, as a matter of fact, despite the fact that I'm nearly 70, out of work, balding, and have the physique of the Pillsbury Dough-Boy.'  

Shuromai

redshirt42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:44 pm
I liked it alot. I thought it was a really good spoof on Star Trek. I love the way they protrayed the fans and I died laughing on my floor at the end when Guy had a last name. He was my favorite part.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:55 am
Steel Sterling
"We've gotta get out of here before one of them kills Guy!"

rofl rofl rofl

None of my friends are nerdy like me so they didn't get why I was laughing hysterically the whole time. They're like, "It's kinda funny but dude, calm down."  

lepetitchou

Ken5hachan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:53 pm
I do not recall ever seeing that movie..
It was a ST spoof you say? I'll have to look into it then, I love anything which indirectly..or directly relates to Star Trek.
Thats actually why I started really likeing Star Gate SG-1 a few years back. In the very first episode Ferretti greets Daniel Jackson with the Vulcan salute. I was hooked from that moment.
Oh! In the X-files there's one episode where there's a Flashback to Agent Moulder's childhood and you find out he was a Trekkie, not surprisingly, I love Moulder. XD

I dont believe I've seen Galaxy Quest though; however, give me a day, I'll go rent it tommorow.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:58 pm
Squeeeee I love that movie it has Alan Rickman in it hes too cute, (I am a girl lol)! Ummmm, I love how much they take Star Trek and Lost in Space and combined it. The Squid People remind me of Cardassians I have not the slighted idea why though.  

Jimmie Ingram

Ken5hachan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:54 pm
Julian Bashir
Squeeeee I love that movie it has Alan Rickman in it hes too cute, (I am a girl lol)! Ummmm, I love how much they take Star Trek and Lost in Space and combined it. The Squid People remind me of Cardassians I have not the slighted idea why though.

I actually did watch that movie today..and if you mean the evil guy who they were fighting all throughout it; he reminded me of a Cardassian too.
They actually did a fairly accurate job of recreateing Nimoy and Shatner characters, I thought. Of course, taking their personalities to an extreeme and such.
It wasnt at all like Lost in Space though, it was one giant Star Trek parody. Everything in it could be related to something from Star Trek. That entire scene when they went to go get the energy sphere was suspiciously like Arena, the episode where Kirk fought the man in the lizard suit.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:24 pm
Kenshachan
Julian Bashir

I actually did watch that movie today..and if you mean the evil guy who they were fighting all throughout it; he reminded me of a Cardassian too.
They actually did a fairly accurate job of recreateing Nimoy and Shatner characters, I thought. Of course, taking their personalities to an extreeme and such.
It wasnt at all like Lost in Space though, it was one giant Star Trek parody. Everything in it could be related to something from Star Trek. That entire scene when they went to go get the energy sphere was suspiciously like Arena, the episode where Kirk fought the man in the lizard suit.
I thought I saw some refrences to Lost in Space. The old shows are what I am talking about not the movie.  

Jimmie Ingram

Wind-Whisper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:36 am
kyle stabell

The whole movie is a parody of Trek! mostly of TOS and TNG, but there are parts of ENT that look like it, even though they came later. It is also a parody of Three Amigos and Bug's Life, which are parodies of The Seven Samurai.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff