Shinies
  Events
  I hack, cuz I'm lame
View Results

Holybug
Vice Captain

Sparkly Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:18 am
Omg? Piplup= shiny =O Gimmi ! lol ^^ how do u "hunt for shinys"? i have the Evloved form of shinx its yellow <3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:40 am
Beloved_Kitten
Omg? Piplup= shiny =O Gimmi ! lol ^^ how do u "hunt for shinys"? i have the Evloved form of shinx its yellow <3

Persistance mostly, for example, when you start, you can restart over and over again until you get a shiny starter, but that is quite tedious, you could restart thousands of times and be no closer to getting a shiny. And in the GBA games you could save before engaging the legendaries, and simply reset and load until you met a shiny. That no longer works though, as the legendaries values are determined when you begin the game in D/P. In diamond and pearl however, there is something that will actually increase your chances of aquiring a shiny, the Pokeradar. If you manage to set up a chain with it, each encounter increases your chance of meeting a shiny of that kind. Additionally, when you use the pokeradar, the grass very rarely flashes in various colors, if it does, it is because there is a shiny hiding there. Anyway, if you decide to use the pokeradar it is smart to use a repel, super repel, or max repel as well, as any wild pokemon you encounter will break the chain (and scare of any pokemon shown with the radar).  

krishnath

BornToCyber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:44 am
krishnath
Beloved_Kitten

Persistance mostly, for example, when you start, you can restart over and over again until you get a shiny starter, but that is quite tedious, you could restart thousands of times and be no closer to getting a shiny. And in the GBA games you could save before engaging the legendaries, and simply reset and load until you met a shiny. That no longer works though, as the legendaries values are determined when you begin the game in D/P. In diamond and pearl however, there is something that will actually increase your chances of aquiring a shiny, the Pokeradar. If you manage to set up a chain with it, each encounter increases your chance of meeting a shiny of that kind. Additionally, when you use the pokeradar, the grass very rarely flashes in various colors, if it does, it is because there is a shiny hiding there. Anyway, if you decide to use the pokeradar it is smart to use a repel, super repel, or max repel as well, as any wild pokemon you encounter will break the chain (and scare of any pokemon shown with the radar).

how do u get a pokeradar?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:56 am
Nocata
krishnath
Beloved_Kitten

Simple, once you have seen all 150 pokemon of the sinnoh dex, go talk to professor Rowan, Prof. Oak will stop by and give you the national dex, and then Prof. Rowan will give you the Pokeradar. To see the version exclusive legendary that isn't in your version of the game, go to Celestic town after you have met the one in your game and a nice old lady in one of the houses will show you the other one. ^^  

krishnath

Holybug
Vice Captain

Sparkly Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:06 am
krishnath
Nocata
krishnath
Beloved_Kitten

Simple, once you have seen all 150 pokemon of the sinnoh dex, go talk to professor Rowan, Prof. Oak will stop by and give you the national dex, and then Prof. Rowan will give you the Pokeradar. To see the version exclusive legendary that isn't in your version of the game, go to Celestic town after you have met the one in your game and a nice old lady in one of the houses will show you the other one. ^^
Mmmmm i think i have one but im not to sure it be easy to have it named besides numbered :'( but ill recheck  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:13 am
You can also find Shinies in G/S/C too.

I have found two Shinies other than the red Gyarados:

--a Ponyta I found on Mt. Silver while training for Ash/Red (Silver)
--a Spinda in the big ash field outside Fallarbor (Sapphire)  

Karuta64

krishnath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:02 pm
Karuta64
You can also find Shinies in G/S/C too.

I have found two Shinies other than the red Gyarados:

--a Ponyta I found on Mt. Silver while training for Ash/Red (Silver)
--a Spinda in the big ash field outside Fallarbor (Sapphire)

As far as I know, shinies can be found in all the games.

Once you have the national dex in D/P, you can transfer pokemon from your GBA games to your DS game. You just need to go to the Pal Park and talk to Prof. Oak there. And here is the best part, absolutely nothing changes on the transfered pokemon. It still has the same OT number, wether or not it is shiny, same carried item, lvl, moves, the works. Everything is the same. Sweet deal. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:26 am
Can u find shiny in pokemon yellow? Mmmm  

Holybug
Vice Captain

Sparkly Demigod

Fullmetal-Shinobi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:36 pm
Beloved_Kitten

I think the first games you could get shinies in where GSC, because Yellow was basically a remade version of RB, which where in black and white.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:05 pm
Fullmetal-Shinobi
Beloved_Kitten

I think the first games you could get shinies in where GSC, because Yellow was basically a remade version of RB, which where in black and white.
XD yeah thats true! lol u wouldnt now if it was a shiny or not lol what about the surfing pikachu?  

Holybug
Vice Captain

Sparkly Demigod

krishnath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:42 am
Beloved_Kitten
Fullmetal-Shinobi
Beloved_Kitten

XD yeah thats true! lol u wouldnt now if it was a shiny or not lol what about the surfing pikachu?

If I remember correctly, the surfing Pikachu was an event pokemon in GSC.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:39 am
krishnath
Beloved_Kitten
Fullmetal-Shinobi
Beloved_Kitten

If I remember correctly, the surfing Pikachu was an event pokemon in GSC.

I know that you can get Surfing Pikachu that also knows Volt Tackle on DP from Battle Revolution, cause I got one  

Fullmetal-Shinobi

krishnath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:47 am
Sweet deal. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:18 am
You get it for free when you beat the game. I know there's a way to get an uber Electivire and Magmortar by putting a code in the trainer info(not a cheat code it's totally legit) but I don't know what it is.....  

Fullmetal-Shinobi

Holybug
Vice Captain

Sparkly Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:21 am
Well my friend told me about the surfing pickachu but then again his a hacker i love pokemon yellow lol^^  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff