View Results

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:35 pm
You would think that with over 560 members in the guild feedback in this thread would be into many pages by now. I know you all aren't shy about voicing your opinions, and if anyone wants this to get off the ground then they need to speak up and help with discussing the details. I posted a consensus of the survey answers three posts up, and there are still things that need to be figured out. I would really appreciate it if you all would come in and discuss. Please don't make me have to start paying people for their feedback?? That would be such a waste of guild mule funds. D:  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:13 pm
Extreme Behavior.

I think an adopt-a-newbie sort of system would be cool.
Well,
Like a member or two can help a newbie get onto their feet in the gaian community.
That would be fun.
(=

... Hinder.

Arachibutyrophobic

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:32 am
Except it's hard to know what exactly that would entail and I don't think enough members would be interested enough to actually make it worthwhile. confused  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:00 pm
i wish a charity donated to me when i was new!  

Hawthorn-Thorne Angel-

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:51 pm
Okay, so solsanches, one of our new members, has agreed to work on a banner for the guild charity, but she would like some ideas for a theme. Should we just do a basic Christian theme (similar to the signature banners?) or something more specific? Or less specific? Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:54 pm
I'm all for a Christian-type banner. Witnessing without being pushy and all that. xd  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:01 pm
3nodding Yeah, I was sorta thinking that too. I wanna see what other people think.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:10 pm
I'm new to this guild, very new, but I read through these posts and I like the adopt a newb idea. I mean, like the saying goes, "Give a man a fish, He'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, He'll eat for a lifetime." So the guide could teach the newb ways of earning gold and getting items, and you wouldn't have to give them anything. That could be an option in the charity forum.  

Rainy Xsclsm

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Yeah, I like the idea of a general Christian theme. I can't really think of an scripture off the top of my head, but maybe I nice verse about the Glory of God or something would be a good choice.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:13 am
xsclsm
I'm new to this guild, very new, but I read through these posts and I like the adopt a newb idea. I mean, like the saying goes, "Give a man a fish, He'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, He'll eat for a lifetime." So the guide could teach the newb ways of earning gold and getting items, and you wouldn't have to give them anything. That could be an option in the charity forum.

That's true. We would need people who were willing and able to do that though, and would probably have to be people from the guild, since this would be a guild-sponsored charity. Personally, I probably wouldn't be able to, just because my life is getting more and more hectic. But if there were other people who wanted to adopt new Gaians to show them around I'd be all for it.

@Liz: Or perhaps a verse about serving, since that's what we would be doing. I'll see if I can find a good one. 3nodding

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

A New Creature
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:10 pm
Just thought I'd give an update about the mule, to let everyone know how much progress is actually being made towards the guild-sponsored charity. So far I have collected 279 items in the mule inventory and it has 39,390 gold. The goal I would like to reach in order to start the charity is 40kg and 300 items. We're almost there you guys. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:39 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
xsclsm

That's true. We would need people who were willing and able to do that though, and would probably have to be people from the guild, since this would be a guild-sponsored charity. Personally, I probably wouldn't be able to, just because my life is getting more and more hectic. But if there were other people who wanted to adopt new Gaians to show them around I'd be all for it.

@Liz: Or perhaps a verse about serving, since that's what we would be doing. I'll see if I can find a good one. 3nodding

Well, you could ask which members are willing (me) and make a list of those who are for the newbies to randomly choose from.

What about one on being saved?  

Rainy Xsclsm

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:30 am
I have a hard enough time getting my crew members to be active in the guild. That's what worries me, is that people will offer to help and then just disappear and I'm back to doing everything myself again. But I'll see if anyone else wants to offer their two-cents.

As for a verse, I think it would make more sense to have one that has something to do with the charity. Part of the objective is to, admittedly, get more awareness out in the Gaia community about the guild and have people check it out, but it wouldn't be a requirement to take part in the charity. Having a verse about being saving or getting saved seems like it would make the charity about getting people to join the guild rather than helping out new members on Gaia.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:20 am
I hate when that happens. All the crew in my guild really does is play with each other, however, it is rather new, we don't have that many members...

Hmm, let's see...Here are a few verses that Might work (NIV):
Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.
Mark 10:21
Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Acts 20:35 (I put the useful for a banner part in bold)
I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'  

Rainy Xsclsm

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:19 am
I like the idea of adopt a newb but I know how hard it is to keep people involved, on both sides. I did an adopt a newb program a year or so ago and my newb sent me like... one message and then dropped off the face of the planet.

We could always run it like the other charities- people stick around and just chat and then we give it to someone we feel is deserving of a nice item. I used to frequent charities and that was always a good way to get people involved and talking.

And I don't think we need to limit the talking to Christian things. I think the goal should be to be open and inviting and fun, and then hopefully people will see how awesome we are and will want to join the guild. Of course, if the subject of religion were to come up, that would be great too, but I don't think we need to limit it to just relligious conversation and I personally feel like trying to witness to them in this charity would be a really bad idea.

And fushigi, I'm sending you more junk that can be sold for money and gold. And by you I mean the mule.

Guild Resources {Church directory, banners, exit links}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff