Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
what is the worst band that has ever reached ur goth ears? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which would be the worst part?
  being dragged to a concert of a sucky band
  eating a bowl of live worms
View Results

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:44 am
any rap (it's just one letter away from crap anyway). Hip Hop, R&B, etc. Makes me want to tear my ear drums out.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:01 am
I despise Rolling Stones. I also detest R&B.
But anything from the Disney Channel generation I pretty much will shove a spoon up my a** to distract myself from the pain.

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:09 am
SarahArden
I despise Rolling Stones. I also detest R&B.
But anything from the Disney Channel generation I pretty much will shove a spoon up my a** to distract myself from the pain.

agreed! rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:46 pm
Tusyo
any rap (it's just one letter away from crap anyway). Hip Hop, R&B, etc. Makes me want to tear my ear drums out.

You know I never understood this, what do you people have against all rap? Sure the mainstream stuff sucks, but some of it is really really good. Goths of all people should be open minded about these things.  

Rellik San
Crew

Toasterladd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:54 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
I Am Ghost, Fallout Boy (post-hardcore in general, really)

i am ghost? seriously?

oh well. heres mine :
most of mcr(hey, teenagers and famous last words are GOOD)
fall out boy
part of linkin park
all rap
all hip hop
nearly all country(i dont mind alan jackson, occasionally)
about a billion others, but there are 1 left..
avril lavigne(i dont care, as right as its gonna get)

thank you, and good night  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:55 pm
Rellik San
Tusyo

You know I never understood this, what do you people have against all rap? Sure the mainstream stuff sucks, but some of it is really really good. Goths of all people should be open minded about these things.
yeah, we are... and we cant stand it!!! we dont like it, and thats another reason we "dont fit in"!!!  

Toasterladd

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:42 am
Toasterladd
Rellik San
Tusyo

yeah, we are... and we cant stand it!!! we dont like it, and thats another reason we "dont fit in"!!!

I'm a goth.

I listen to rap. My favorite album (of any genre) to come out this year so far was a rap album.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:45 am
-Resurrected Writer-
@GilAskan: Yeah, I might give Fugazi a shot... though I didn't think about them because I hear them being more often associated with emo than with post-hardcore.

A lot of people online try to associate Fugazi with emo (the real emo genre, that is; Rites of Spring, Gray Matter, etc.) because they detest post-hardcore as a whole. Some people even claim that Fugazi is post-rock (Explosions in the Sky, Sigur Ros, etc.) in some vague hope of bringing at least that initial level of respect.  

GilAskan
Crew

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:03 am
- my chemical ghey romance
- fall out ********/>- the used OH HOW I ******** HATE THE USED! AHHHH!
- gun n roses (HAAATE EM)
- evenessence
- that ferrgie ******** her and her damn cancerous lady lumps)
- 99.9% of post hardcore crap
- 99.9% of every emo band(it isn't music in my opinion its just over glorified whining)
- BON JOVI (HE CAN DIIIE! he's not human to me i refuse to acknowledge as human!)
- slipshit(knot)( 9 members ZERO talent)
- good charlotte

i can go on but i'm afraid i'll be here for too long haha  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:20 pm
Toasterladd
Rellik San
Tusyo

Please, stop using "don't fit in" and "noncomformity" as general justification for the entire subculture. (even though you've only done it twice...)  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:26 pm
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
@GilAskan: Yeah, I might give Fugazi a shot... though I didn't think about them because I hear them being more often associated with emo than with post-hardcore.

A lot of people online try to associate Fugazi with emo (the real emo genre, that is; Rites of Spring, Gray Matter, etc.) because they detest post-hardcore as a whole. Some people even claim that Fugazi is post-rock (Explosions in the Sky, Sigur Ros, etc.) in some vague hope of bringing at least that initial level of respect.

Ah, I see... no wonder I disliked a whole genre - I was misplacing one of its greater groups. xd
(I just tried "Bad Mouth," and yeah, it's better than anything I've heard from FOB 3nodding )  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:10 am
Toasterladd
Rellik San
Tusyo

How much rap have you ever actually heard?  

Rellik San
Crew

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:36 pm
GilAskan
Toasterladd
Rellik San
Tusyo

Goth is about liking goth music. It has nothing to do with hating any music. :S

And I think you need to speak for yourself! You are very rude...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:39 pm
Freakwitch. Fortunately, it's not popular. Yesterday I was three feet from their speakers, and oh, dear gods. DX This middle aged man convusling and whining like someone beating a cat as electric guitar tries to muffle the noise.
It's kind of a crap shoot when it comes to the band you'll get at a pagan pride day...
Once there was this fairly good one called "Lucretia's Daggers", which is actually kind of goth for a band that plays at pagan pride days, but nonetheless is recognisable as a band that plays at Pagan Pride Days. Sucker/Savior is pretty good.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:21 pm
Toasterladd
Rellik San
Tusyo

Is it at all fair to judge a whole genre based on a few of it's more popular artists? I personally disliked most gothic music when I first came across it, but after finding some amazing lesser-known bands, I grew to love the genre! A lot of the more popular artists in the gothic genre... Souxie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, and a lot of other artists never really struck my fancy, yet I don't dismiss the entire genre as crap just because I don't like some of the music in it.

Similarily, I don't dismiss rap and hip-hop as being bad simply because I have to put up with horrid songs by popular rappers and hip-hop artists when I'm at school. I do know that there are good rappers and excellent hip-hop artists out there, they're just not well known. My art teacher sometimes brings in hip-hop CD's that are really quite good. The music is well composed, the lyrics are not vulgar (and are actually sort of pretty!), and it's overall nice music. If I knew the artist, I'd post them here, to prove that not all rap and hip-hop is alike, and not all of it sucks.

On to the main topic... I hate, hate, HATE the following musicians.

-Fergie
-Cradle of Filth
-ICP
-Emile Autumn
-Whoever is responsible for the atrocity known as "Lip Gloss" (that song needs to DIE!!!)  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff