Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
cutting... what you think about it Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

misstree

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:25 am
i agree with a lot of what dr_lecter has to say.
lesser of two evils.
but don't ever think of it as good.
it's still a way of harming yourself,
and the Self is the center of worship,
all that is You in this world.

if it's all that you have,
use it,
but don't glorify it,
rely on it,
or accept it
except as last line of defense.

"rage against the dying of the light."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:42 am
nothing good can come from cutting yourself.. i realize that for some it's a disease that they cannot cure.. but if you have a breakup.. there is not point in attention whoring and using yourblood as a weapon to make your ex feel bad. its just immature.. and some people never grow up.

i used to cut heavily.. and i was odd enough to take pictures of it.. now that i look back and see what i was. i am glad to have changed.. there are times i wish for it again but then i think that i dont have a disease that cannnot be cured.. i can overcome it.. and yes there are those who get off on having the attention.. but you can tell when cuts are shallow or deep and you can tell when someone has a serious problelm. cutting can be addictive because when you cut, a chemical is released into your blood stream that makes you feel good/happy.. that feeling can be confused for true happiness.

my ex and i (im amazed im talking about this as it is such a sensitive topic) both had problems with cutting and it caused the death of a beautiful love.. and the blood on our hands never truly died..

i look at these and i know that i have changed for the better its been 6 months and counting.. i will post the pictures in links.. but be warned.. they are far less than pretty..

WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC.. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH OR CANNOT HANDLE REAL BODILY DAMAGE

cut 1
cut 2
cut 3
cut 4  

blackrose1186

[ D i z z y ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:49 pm
blackrose1186
nothing good can come from cutting yourself.. i realize that for some it's a disease that they cannot cure.. but if you have a breakup.. there is not point in attention whoring and using yourblood as a weapon to make your ex feel bad. its just immature.. and some people never grow up.

i used to cut heavily.. and i was odd enough to take pictures of it.. now that i look back and see what i was. i am glad to have changed.. there are times i wish for it again but then i think that i dont have a disease that cannnot be cured.. i can overcome it.. and yes there are those who get off on having the attention.. but you can tell when cuts are shallow or deep and you can tell when someone has a serious problelm. cutting can be addictive because when you cut, a chemical is released into your blood stream that makes you feel good/happy.. that feeling can be confused for true happiness.

my ex and i (im amazed im talking about this as it is such a sensitive topic) both had problems with cutting and it caused the death of a beautiful love.. and the blood on our hands never truly died..

i look at these and i know that i have changed for the better its been 6 months and counting.. i will post the pictures in links.. but be warned.. they are far less than pretty..

WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC.. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH OR CANNOT HANDLE REAL BODILY DAMAGE

cut 1
cut 2
cut 3
cut 4

Those pics are fake. Last I recall, people don't have three arms. And according to amount of blood there, you'd be quite dead already. There are tons of pics online with people using fake blood to imitate cuttage. I've came across quite a few in my time.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:34 pm
I think it's a desperate cry for help from someone who feels no one gives a damn...  

Lil Juggla

Distrustful Prophet

15,825 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500

themagikat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:38 pm
i think its funny that even after cutting their wrists so heavily and bleeding so profusely, people still have the umph left to photograph it. not only that but they still have the strength and even tendon usage.

i do it, not for blood or to be cool. its my own personal reason that is never brought up in any conversation (aside ones liek this that specifically call for it) unless someone brings it up, which makes me angry. i dont mind talking aobut it in private or even online like this (since none of you are going to know me on the streets) but in public when someone randomly blurts "omg your a cutter!" like that have every once in a while, i get quite angry and have to make something up quickly.

and as for what dr lecter said, its true. a few cuts here and there or a suicide? what would you choose. personally, ive gotten close enough to one (twice) that i know i prefer the other.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:40 pm
It's been a while since I've cut on myself and I don't think I could really explain why I do it when I do it...  

Lil Juggla

Distrustful Prophet

15,825 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:55 pm
In all fairness I've known a few people who have gotten hurt and been able to photograph it and the bloodloss in the cuts1-4 aren't enough to cause anything more than major dizzyness but that aside it's clear they are fake due the simple laws of physics. Notice the drain lines? The way the blood follows the curve of the palm perfectly? Lack of any clotting? No side runoff from holding one's arm horizontal? Sad, really.

As for myself it was never for attention, breaking up, coolness factor, suicide prevention, etc... it was always alone, discreet and emotionless...to remind myself to feel when I was unable to. My blade was delicate, sanitary(yes, DIZZY-even boiled and alcohol-ed) and katana-sharp, my scars invisible 15 years later.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:44 pm
ceilisidhe
In all fairness I've known a few people who have gotten hurt and been able to photograph it and the bloodloss in the cuts1-4 aren't enough to cause anything more than major dizzyness but that aside it's clear they are fake due the simple laws of physics. Notice the drain lines? The way the blood follows the curve of the palm perfectly? Lack of any clotting? No side runoff from holding one's arm horizontal? Sad, really.

As for myself it was never for attention, breaking up, coolness factor, suicide prevention, etc... it was always alone, discreet and emotionless...to remind myself to feel when I was unable to. My blade was delicate, sanitary(yes, DIZZY-even boiled and alcohol-ed) and katana-sharp, my scars invisible 15 years later.

When attempting a common form of suicide, safety first!

I should start a safe-cutting campaign to spread awareness. oO  

[ D i z z y ]

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:46 pm
[ D i z z y ]
ceilisidhe

I'm not even going to Argue with dizzy, for i know better than to argue. I know I said i'd be avoidign theis thread, but when you can't feel anything, your world become surreal, and you don't know what is real or what isn't. *Shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:21 am
[ D i z z y ]
blackrose1186

cut 1
cut 2
cut 3
cut 4

Those pics are fake. Last I recall, people don't have three arms. And according to amount of blood there, you'd be quite dead already. There are tons of pics online with people using fake blood to imitate cuttage. I've came across quite a few in my time.

you can say all you want.. in the end i know your just an ignorant little freak who doesnt know the difference between real and fake.. living in your world of fantasy where you think people like you.. and there is no 3 arms.. they were taken on different days and second from the amount of blood my a**.. you dont die from lack of blood if you lose a couple cups of blood.. your heart reproduces blood.. if you botherd to think then you'd know that... next time you want to disagree do some research.. and if you want to continue this... pm me i wont subject the rest of the guild to your ignorance.. they at least know about a thing called time..  

blackrose1186

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:42 pm
Dr_lecter1988
[ D i z z y ]
ceilisidhe

I'm not even going to Argue with dizzy, for i know better than to argue. I know I said i'd be avoidign theis thread, but when you can't feel anything, your world become surreal, and you don't know what is real or what isn't. *Shrugs*

I would never be so crass as to argue with DIZZY- I have nothing but the utmost respect for her and as lurichan would attest that is hard won indeed. I was merely making a statement in an open-minded forum wherein many have rather strong opinions.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:52 pm
ceilisidhe
Dr_lecter1988
[ D i z z y ]
ceilisidhe

I would never be so crass as to argue with DIZZY- I have nothing but the utmost respect for her and as lurichan would attest that is hard won indeed. I was merely making a statement in an open-minded forum wherein many have rather strong opinions.

Ceilisidhe, I wan't insinuating anytjing about you, I have respect for dizzy, tis why i woul dnever argue with her. I made my state ment about my experience with mny own lack of emotions. I woul dnever insinute that you, luri, or dizzy were crass in any way. you three have earned more respect than most of the people that i know personally. I apologize for any insult that you may have thought I insinuated.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:03 pm
Dr_lecter1988
ceilisidhe
Dr_lecter1988
[ D i z z y ]
ceilisidhe

Ceilisidhe, I wan't insinuating anytjing about you, I have respect for dizzy, tis why i woul dnever argue with her. I made my state ment about my experience with mny own lack of emotions. I woul dnever insinute that you, luri, or dizzy were crass in any way. you three have earned more respect than most of the people that i know personally. I apologize for any insult that you may have thought I insinuated.

You have given no insult nor insinuation in this thread...perhaps my own experiences have left me a touch overly edgy about this subject? blackrose1186's attack on DIZZY left me rather.....agitated.....and I believe I didn't phrase myself as well as I should. If apologies must be accepted then take mine in exchange?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:17 pm
I don't agree with anyone who cuts, even though I am a cutter myself. Well, an ex-cutter. I haven't cut for a month now. People do it to relieve stress and anxiety. I do admit that some people do it for fun, and those people I pity. But just because some people do it for attention or fun doesn't mean we all do.  

Bella Lledrith

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:40 pm
ceilisidhe

You have given no insult nor insinuation in this thread...perhaps my own experiences have left me a touch overly edgy about this subject? blackrose1186's attack on DIZZY left me rather.....agitated.....and I believe I didn't phrase myself as well as I should. If apologies must be accepted then take mine in exchange?

I think that attack on dizzy put us all on edge. I understand how this is an edgy topic for alot of us. I do accept your apology. things like this are why I think threads for cutting or other forms of self harm are a bad idea. It puts all those who have had experience in such places one such thin ice it's easy for people to start to argue in defense of whatever they have had experience with.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff