Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
April 20, 2012 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:28 am
TeaDidikai
Hmmm... can something transform so completely they are no longer what they were before, thus an end to the old and the beginning of the new?

This is a personal quip.
For me, unless everything is completely and utterly rendered into non-existance... then everything, in some way shape or form is still going.
No matter how much something changes, it still exists... even if it isn't recognizable as what it originally was.
I'll accept that something ceased to be as it was, but I don't accept it ceased to be.
This is, of course, merely personal perspective. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:38 am
Fiddlers Green

This is a personal quip.
For me, unless everything is completely and utterly rendered into non-existance... then everything, in some way shape or form is still going.
No matter how much something changes, it still exists... even if it isn't recognizable as what it originally was.
I'll accept that something ceased to be as it was, but I don't accept it ceased to be.
This is, of course, merely personal perspective. 3nodding

Interesting- within this context would a pheonix be something changed or something new?  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:39 am
TeaDidikai
Interesting- within this context would a pheonix be something changed or something new?

For me, something changed into a new form. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:42 am
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

For me, something changed into a new form. 3nodding
So- did it ever end? Just trying to get a good idea of where you are coming from.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:49 am
TeaDidikai
So- did it ever end? Just trying to get a good idea of where you are coming from.

For me, something need not End, to give rise to something new.
The Phoenix changed, it rendered itself up into ashes and essence, and within those smoldering cinders, it birthed (asexual reproduction of this sort is hard to really qualify, is it closer to cloning or breeding?) itself anew. the Phoenix, as it was, is no more, however, it did not end, it became the light from the conflagration, the heat thereof, the cinders and the egg... and eventually, the Hatchling. Is the Phoenix recognizable as it was? Probably not. But that does not mean it Ended. The world, mayhaps she would be flooded and covered completely in water... but that tis no end. I suppose purely artificial constructs dependant upon a contributing intelligence may end, when that intelligence radically changes, however, conceptually, it still exists, so, for my purposes, has merely changed from actualized to theorized.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 pm
from my understanding, i don't believe it will actually be the end of the world, more of an "end of the world as we know it" kind of deal. Civilizations have adapted to many things and i believe it will be another adaptation, i am not sure how, but i dont believe the world is going to cease to exist in the next 4 years, at least i hope not, (april 2012 i will only be turning 28 so i hope there is more in my future...ya know like kids...) civilizations have fallen, perhaps there will be globalization of everything, or not, who is to truly say, but things will surely be much different in some manner, at least to some culture in the world...i suppose in the long run, there is no answer, we shall all see once it is here.....  

Shorti Rock

[BlkCat]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:14 am
April 20th....? What the hell?

It's December 22/23rd, 2012 at 11:11 Universal time. And no even if the prophecy came true the world wouldn't end, merely "this form of creation" would stop being created and another would begin.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:59 pm
[BlkCat]
April 20th....? What the hell?

It's December 22/23rd, 2012 at 11:11 Universal time. And no even if the prophecy came true the world wouldn't end, merely "this form of creation" would stop being created and another would begin.
What do you see as "this form of creation"?  

TeaDidikai

Boadicia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:33 pm
I doubt anything catastrophic will happen. Of course, I may be jaded because of all the "end of the world" conspiracies that have braced us in the past 20 years or so. Let's not forget the oh-so-hilarious Y2K fiasco that made a lot of people rich and even more people poor with a bunch of extra food and survival supplies they didn't need.

I knew I had to stop going to church when I could no longer suppress the guffaws that escaped everytime the preacher even alluded to the end of the world. rofl

So, the closest credit I'll give the prophecy is a change in society, rather than the world literally.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:48 am
Heilsan Allir,

Want a good explanation, try this:

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

It's a calendar rolling over. Best comment I've seen came from someone whom is of Mayan ancestry...

"What do you do when your Calendar runs out?"

The following is an AWESOME website, which deals with the abject stupidity of end of times prophecies...

http://www.geocities.com/alma-geddon/index.html

Be warned, you'll be reading it for ages, and laughing yourself silly at the stupidity of people...

Ver thu heil  

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Noirkaze

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:16 pm
The other night I watched a program on television related to this topic. It refered to oracles and sages in time predicting major events and how many fortold the "end of times". This also included a web program that was created to predict stock futures.

One concept that I found interesting was the addressing of a axis shift due to a black hole. This s**t would because because of a planetiary aligenment on the 21st of December 2012. The last date on the Mayan caldender. (Which is huge and I wish I would have had a better look at the one in Mexico)

Once I have time to acess the television again I'll give details about the program. I can't even recall what channel it was on.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:23 pm
I have an interesting point to bring up, which I don't necessarily believe, and it relates to the cults devoted to the "the-end-is-near" idea. Granted, I don't know too much on the topic. It just occurred to me one day.

I'm sure every generation has its share of suicide cults. They believe that they must sacrifice themselves to a higher power, since the world is coming to an end. Maybe their form of higher power is the true reality. What if their deaths really did appease him/her, so that the world could go on?

I suppose nobody will know until they die and see what happens on the other side.  

Ayita

Moonlight Comrade

10,500 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mule of Liz Sama

5,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:45 pm

I'm not sure if it's relevant but I have heard by word of mouth and some tv program a while back that there is supposed to be some solar storm in 2012 and people who believe in the Mayan "Armageddon" suspect that it will be related to the ending of the world. Some Christians have taken the theory and claiming that the activity is because "God is ending the world and saving us". rolleyes

Personally I think something may happen on that date and something may not. It's not like we can change anything either way so why worry on it? I'm really hoping nothing happens cause I don't think I wanna die at the lovely age of...*calculates age* 25? >_<

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:14 pm
The program I saw the other week was Decoding the Past on Discover Channel or The History Channel.  

Noirkaze

lumnata

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:07 am
I have a friend who is studying the Mayan calendar and he said that the Mayans did not expect the world to end in 2012, but rather in 4772. He said that the Mayans worked in two sorts of cycles- 13 and 20. The interpretation of the 2012 theory is based on the end date being after a cycle of 13 baktun but the inscriptions at palenque say it's after 20 of them. (With each period being 144,000 days long).

Don't ask me to interpret that information- I just thought I'd throw it out there! sweatdrop

Here's the link he gave me if you want to read more: http://www.pauahtun.org/Calendar specifically: http://www.pauahtun.org/Calendar/creationdate.html  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff