Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The Ashes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will England Win back the Ashes?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
What are these Ashes that you speak of?
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I prefer Football
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:23 pm
Well, well. The final innings beginning on the third day... The game is speeding up, but there is nothing wrong with the sight of all the Aussie fielders standing at the boundary when an injured Flintoff is about to face Lee (and then twatting two sixes and a four off that over).  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:11 am
I have just witnessed the best test match i have ever seen. Cricket at its superb best. It was a draw in the end, England came within one wicket of winning. Finally the Nation is interested in Cricket and Football is relegated to the shadows.

1-1 in the Series.

Bring on Trent Bridge.  

Moomba666

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:55 am
Flintoff on 99, actively looking for the next single but only getting very awkward spin.

He's nevers scored a century against Australia before apparently.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:35 am
Well, we got his century.

...and got out. LBW.

Invictus_88
Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:34 am
Haha yes Flintoff getting out right afterwards did put a dampner on things.
But we won the match! Woo! 2-1 in the series.

Now we just have to hope it rains for 5 days straight at the Oval...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:55 am
I was actually there at Old Trafford on the fifth day, one of the minority who arrived and actually managed to get in. Fantastic day, though exhausting! Ten hours of solid tension, from 'Will we get in?' to 'Will they get that last wicket?'.

I was working through the 4th test, unfortunately, but I kept up with the scores whenever I could. It all comes down to the 5th... But with the performances the way they have been over this series, we are now odds-on favourites to win the Ashes! The first time they've been won in England (rather than in Australia, by England) in my lifetime.

*crosses other people's fingers*  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Moomba666

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:21 pm
Yay another Ashes fan!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:40 am
Haha!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Orionis Rigel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:21 am
I got into cricket a while back. I was addicted to it and found it utterly riveting.
It just appeals to me so much more than football does.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:09 am
~Asks the American question~

What's Cricket?

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Zoutout

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:17 am
Yar, I be watchin' cricket since the 2nd or 3rd of the 5th.

An' I be damned proud about the win.

Avast, it be international talk like a pirate day!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:26 am
Moomba666
Ahhh yes, its that time of the year again. Scattered showers, terrorist attacks, and yet still the country focuses on one event...The Ashes. An event that has existed for countless years, where we English (and British) rally together to watch our team get hammered by the Australians in the sport we created...Cricket!

We've already lost the first Ashes Test match due to clumsy fielding, woeful batting by our top and middle order, and ineffective bowling in the afternoon on Day 2. However i still believe that England have a good chance.

We have Kevin Pieterson, the best batsman in the team (who is...South African by birth uhhh who cares! He chose to play for England and he has the Three Lions tatooed on his arm) and our bowlers have proven they can take Aussie wickets.

This thread is designed to analyse our chances at winning back the Ashes Trophy aswell as discussing Cricket as a sport.

Come On England! Come on The Barmy Army! smile

Whatever. I didn't particularly support England. Or Australia. Oh well.  

Lemmie

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:44 am
Lemmie
Moomba666
Ahhh yes, its that time of the year again. Scattered showers, terrorist attacks, and yet still the country focuses on one event...The Ashes. An event that has existed for countless years, where we English (and British) rally together to watch our team get hammered by the Australians in the sport we created...Cricket!

We've already lost the first Ashes Test match due to clumsy fielding, woeful batting by our top and middle order, and ineffective bowling in the afternoon on Day 2. However i still believe that England have a good chance.

We have Kevin Pieterson, the best batsman in the team (who is...South African by birth uhhh who cares! He chose to play for England and he has the Three Lions tatooed on his arm) and our bowlers have proven they can take Aussie wickets.

This thread is designed to analyse our chances at winning back the Ashes Trophy aswell as discussing Cricket as a sport.

Come On England! Come on The Barmy Army! smile

Whatever. I didn't particularly support England. Or Australia. Oh well.

Ahhh! Your avatar was too similar to mine! I had to change it. >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:26 pm
ok so i NEVER watched cricket before in my life, then my uncle came round to help my dad build a deck in the back garden and he kept sneaking inside to see ythe score !! so he got me into it... then i watched it at work on the saturdays, but twice someone turned it over to put the football results on !!! stare

i thought the end was a bit of an anti climax though cry

but we beat Australia again: first in rugby, (thaks to my hero heart jonny wilkinson redface ) then cricket!!!!  

hippynutcase

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:46 pm
Timeless_Visage
~Asks the American question~

What's Cricket?

How serious are you?

ninja

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items