Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Charon's Lab (Discuss game glitches here).
Missingno in D/P Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:59 pm
Hellz Shadow
This entire thread is full of s**t. There is no 1/100 chance to find either of them. The 1/2,000,000,000 is just as wrong. Missingno is what happens when the game has nothing to send out, like when it's terribly confused, or it tries to send out something that doesn't exist. As for the Celebi thing, it's a myth. It is not true. Missingno is unobtainable by normal means. It's a glitch. Pokerus is a random disease in Pokemon that doubles the EV's you get from battles. The chance of finding a Pokemon with Pokerus is around the chances of finding a shiny.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:15 pm
Grammardor
konohas_sweetheart
We used to call the after effects of the Missingno glitch Poke Rus. I've found that all of the pokemon I beat the leuge with started to turn into Missingnos. It was frightful.

Isn't Pokerus the glitch/disease where your Pokemon gain crazy amounts of exp?

no it doesn't give more exp but when it lvls up it gets higher stats  

Destined Deity

Unsealed Prophet

krishnath

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:20 am
KillakidTristan
Grammardor
konohas_sweetheart
We used to call the after effects of the Missingno glitch Poke Rus. I've found that all of the pokemon I beat the leuge with started to turn into Missingnos. It was frightful.

It doubles EV's gained, and it stacks with items like the Macho Brace.
For example, let say you just defeated a magikarp. Normally, you would gain 1 EV point in speed. With the Pokerus or Macho Brace you would instead get two EV points in speed. However, if you have both Pokerus and a Macho Brace equipped you get no less than four EV points in speed for defeating the humble Magikarp, which is enough to increase the pokemons speed stat by one. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:18 pm
krishnath
KillakidTristan
Grammardor
konohas_sweetheart

For example, let say you just defeated a magikarp. Normally, you would gain 1 EV point in speed. With the Pokerus or Macho Brace you would instead get two EV points in speed. However, if you have both Pokerus and a Macho Brace equipped you get no less than four EV points in speed for defeating the humble Magikarp, which is enough to increase the pokemons speed stat by one. ^^
Correct. I have a question though, if I have a pokemon with Pokerus and its holding a Power Anklet How many EV's would it get if I killed a Magicarp? 6 or 10?  

blue_man_of_destruction

krishnath

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:39 am
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
KillakidTristan
Grammardor
konohas_sweetheart

Correct. I have a question though, if I have a pokemon with Pokerus and its holding a Power Anklet How many EV's would it get if I killed a Magicarp? 6 or 10?

The information about EV's at Serebii.net (found here: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml ) seem to indicate that you would get 10 EV's, which is a friggin' sweet deal for beating a magikarp. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:00 pm
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
KillakidTristan
Grammardor
konohas_sweetheart

The information about EV's at Serebii.net (found here: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml ) seem to indicate that you would get 10 EV's, which is a friggin' sweet deal for beating a magikarp. ^^

Yeah, 6 is still pretty good. I just wanst sure if Pokerus took place after or before the item.  

blue_man_of_destruction

krishnath

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:59 pm
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
KillakidTristan

Yeah, 6 is still pretty good. I just wanst sure if Pokerus took place after or before the item.

As far as I am able to tell from the information as presented at Serebii, the Pokerus is accounted for last. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:10 pm
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
KillakidTristan

As far as I am able to tell from the information as presented at Serebii, the Pokerus is accounted for last. ^^

Sweet!!...Now to find a pokemon with Pokerus emo  

blue_man_of_destruction

krishnath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:47 am
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction

Occassionally your pokemon get infected in a wild battle, and it has happened to me twice that a Pokemon I left in the Daycare had Pokerus when I retrieved it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:53 pm
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction

Occassionally your pokemon get infected in a wild battle, and it has happened to me twice that a Pokemon I left in the Daycare had Pokerus when I retrieved it.

Find Pokerus is just or rare as finding a shiny I beleive...maybe a slightly higher chance...but I havent found one. I know that sticking it in the PC wont get rid of it, and if you have a pokerus pokemon in y our party it spreads.  

blue_man_of_destruction

krishnath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:03 am
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction

Find Pokerus is just or rare as finding a shiny I beleive...maybe a slightly higher chance...but I havent found one. I know that sticking it in the PC wont get rid of it, and if you have a pokerus pokemon in y our party it spreads.

It's the same chance as to find a shiny. 1/8192, which puts the chance of finding a shiny with pokerus at about 1/67108864. Which puts the chance of finding a shiny chansey with pokerus and holding a lucky egg to about 1/1342177280. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:26 pm
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction

It's the same chance as to find a shiny. 1/8192, which puts the chance of finding a shiny with pokerus at about 1/67108864. Which puts the chance of finding a shiny chansey with pokerus and holding a lucky egg to about 1/1342177280. ^^

...That would normally scare me...but now I want to go try an find a Shiny Chansey holding a lucky egg... sweatdrop  

blue_man_of_destruction

krishnath

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:04 am
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction

...That would normally scare me...but now I want to go try an find a Shiny Chansey holding a lucky egg... sweatdrop

Good luck. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:26 pm
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction

Good luck. ^^

I found a Chansey with a Lucky Egg... sweatdrop BUt im back to SHiny Ghastly hunting xp  

blue_man_of_destruction

krishnath

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:45 am
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction

Good luck. ^^

I found a Chansey with a Lucky Egg... sweatdrop BUt im back to SHiny Ghastly hunting xp

I still need to get a lucky egg... sweatdrop  
Charon's Lab (Discuss game glitches here).

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games