Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What exactly are the beliefs of Neo-Pagans, i.e Fluffies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NMMoriaki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:58 pm
So, what segment IS about the moon goddess?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:02 am
NMMoriaki
I'm an old fashioned Pagan, so what exactly are the beliefs of The Fluffies? All I'm ever told is how the moon goddess loves her daughters...that it.

WTF?

The classical fluff bunny is the teenage girl who reads half a dozen books on witchcraft (one of which is usually Teen Witch by Silver Ravenwolf) and considers herself an instant expert of the occult. The fluff bunny believes in everything she reads on the subject and will often argue with the older and more experienced Pagans she meets if it contradicts the source material; as an example, I recently encountered a fluff bunny in the forums who claimed that ALL forms of Paganism began with the Druids, and refused to believe otherwise.
Some of the worst fluff bunnies are the ones who claim to belong to a nonexistent family tradition and will often create an entire lineage for themselves; the worst example was a sixteen-year-old Wiccan whom I encountered about ten years ago on Yahoo Chat who claimed to be the high priestess of her coven and was "a 33rd generation Wiccan with an ancestor who was burned as a witch in Salem Village."
By the way, I use the feminine gender in these examples as a matter of convenience; male fluff bunnies exist, too--and they're some of the worst offenders!

godhi

patch99329

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:19 am
godhi
I use the feminine gender in these examples as a matter of convenience; male fluff bunnies exist, too--and they're some of the worst offenders!

So true xD

For example a male friend of mine.
He found a shitty mousemat it a metaphysical shop that said round the edge of a pentacle 'isis, astarte, hecate etc' and he says 'Those are the godesses of witchcraft'

and also 'i'm gonna raise my children to be wiccan and nothing else!'  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:46 am
patch99329

So true xD

For example a male friend of mine.
He found a shitty mousemat it a metaphysical shop that said round the edge of a pentacle 'isis, astarte, hecate etc' and he says 'Those are the godesses of witchcraft'
Half right. It's from the Charge of the Goddess.

Quote:
and also 'i'm gonna raise my children to be wiccan and nothing else!'
Heh. Guess he better learn soon that raising children isn't about what you want them to be- it's about what they want to be.  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:21 am
Did anyone ask what an old fashioned Pagan is?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:23 am
godhi
"a 33rd generation Wiccan with an ancestor who was burned as a witch in Salem Village."

That girl was repeating Scooby Doo and the Witches Ghost.  

jaden kendam

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:24 am
jaden kendam
She's Asatru.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:28 am
TeaDidikai
jaden kendam
She's Asatru.

Okay, I must have missed that somehow. sad  

jaden kendam

NMMoriaki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:20 am
no worries. ^_^

*sigh* When I was at PPD (pagan pride day) I met someone who claimed that the Moon Goddess was, basically, a man-hating dyke (if you'll excuse the phrase). Whats worse, this person was male and a devot follower of the Moon Goddess  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:40 am
Well, if you look at it sideways, you can see *a* moon goddess as a man-hating dyke.

Artemis is a moon goddess, the Virgin huntress. In one story, a gentleman chanced upon her and her handmaidens bathing in a pool, and she discovered him. In punishment, she turned him into a stag, her handmaids into hounds and hunted him down and killed him.

It's possible to read the story that way, but there are other stories where she, while she isn't a fan of men, isn't a man-hater. And the only examples of dykes is the poems of Sappho. But that's me.  

Daven Moto

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:23 am
Daven Moto

Artemis is a moon goddess, the Virgin huntress. In one story, a gentleman chanced upon her and her handmaidens bathing in a pool, and she discovered him. In punishment, she turned him into a stag, her handmaids into hounds and hunted him down and killed him.

I -think- she also threw orion into oblivion for simila reason...I -think-.

So it could be seen that way sweatdrop
But I don't think shes a dyke xD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:04 am
NMMoriaki
no worries. ^_^

*sigh* When I was at PPD (pagan pride day) I met someone who claimed that the Moon Goddess was, basically, a man-hating dyke (if you'll excuse the phrase). Whats worse, this person was male and a devot follower of the Moon Goddess

I would ask if he castrated himself or something, but I am sure you would not have wanted to find out.  

jaden kendam

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:53 pm
//Twitch.// Not to rain on the parade, but can we not use that word except in context of stated self-identity or devices for holding back rivers?

And I heard that Artemis had turned Actaeon into a stag to be hunted down by his own hounds.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:09 pm
TheDisreputableDog
//Twitch.// Not to rain on the parade, but can we not use that word except in context of stated self-identity or devices for holding back rivers?

And I heard that Artemis had turned Actaeon into a stag to be hunted down by his own hounds.

She did.

When Artemis doesn't like something, she really doesn't like something.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:36 pm
Do note that most neo-pagans who seem to be fluffy also tend to be soft polytheists.

That doesn't make all soft polytheists fluffies- but the hodgepodge factor present in softpolytheism appeals to those who like to pretend all mythology is enterchangeable.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff