Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Is Yaoi Just a Phase? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Yaoi Just a Phase?
  No way!
  Maybe it is...
  Yeah, I won't like this in a month.
View Results

Pax et lux

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:44 pm
OYFG, no wai. I would totally never grow out of Yaoi. :0

Actually, I probably would. But it's more about my moods-- if I'm up to it, then I'm upto it. Sometimes I'm just not feeling it for the man-love.

I'm the same way with anime-- only, I think I've grown out of that for the most part altogether.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:23 pm
Probably not, it just might be that there won't be anymore BL manga that I become interested in. I'm kind of picky~  

Kashira Ka04

Liberal Perfectionist

5,900 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Monochromous Rainbow

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:49 am
I don't think I ever will grow out of it; I've been a fan for over a year now, becoming more and more addicted every day.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:51 am
I don't care if it's a phase or not, I'll love it as long as I do. And I think I'll love it for a very long time. heart  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:35 pm
I don't consider myself a yaoi fan just because I haven't read any manga that I would even consider to be actual yaoi in the first place. If anything, I'm a fan of seinen that also likes boys love manga.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:16 pm
Hmm, I wouldn't say I'm so much of a yaoi fan as a manga, anime and ridiculously long fantasy books fan, who happens to read some BL, and absolutely cannibalises any slash pairings in what she's reading before getting sick of it and moving on to another pairing. 3nodding

I think I might read some Yuri fanfic eventually.  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

apocalypse-song

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:56 pm
.:.Dream in J a p a n e s e.:.

I've been a fan of Yaoi since 2004 (because of joining Gaia, actually xD) and I honestly don't see me not liking it at any points.
I fall in and out of FANDOMS, but never out of Yaoi.
I can see it slowing down in general, but I think the fans will stick with it.
I know I will at least =/

.:.A language I don't even know how to speak.:.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:48 pm
Pax et lux
OYFG, no wai. I would totally never grow out of Yaoi. :0

Actually, I probably would. But it's more about my moods-- if I'm up to it, then I'm upto it. Sometimes I'm just not feeling it for the man-love.

I'm the same way with anime-- only, I think I've grown out of that for the most part altogether.

eh i have my no yaoi moods as well. i probably would be more intrested if i could see it more because only 2 people know about me being bi lol. and with yuri i just find nothing intresting about it. *shrug*. well it mite be just anime yuri. but yea i think for me real life yuri would be better and maybe just anime yaoi. still doesnt mean im not bi lol. its just watching it is annoying in r/l  

Ithidan

Tsukasaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:43 am
It would really depend on the individual. x3 If he/she isn't all that into it, or likes specific pairings and fandoms and isn't interested in any others, it may be a phase if that series or pairing is no longer as well-liked or sought out by that person as it once was. If yaoi is big on someone's priorities, then it's likely it won't be just a phase, and they will go through many series' and fandoms. There's so many instances that could lead to more yaoi or no more interest in it at all.. It depends.

For me, I go through obsessive stages over specific fandoms; it can be Kurogane/Fai one week-- although it's never wavered and I do consider it my OTP --and then Mello/Matt the next week that becomes more important. But yaoi or shounen-ai overall has never bored me or annoyed me, and I'd definitely say it's a thing that will stick with me for a long time. I can't see it getting old anytime soon. Kekeke~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:57 am
I don't think I will ever grow out of yaoi or anime. It's part of my lifestyle and I love it too much. I couldn't even think about not reading yaoi or bl for a day. But I do think that many people like yaoi because it is a fad right now and may people are into it. It's like a bandwagon where everyone wants to fit in with the new thing.  

Kisa Tsuki

Dapper Sex Symbol

aa_beatrix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:28 pm
I don't think I'll ever grow out of yaoi. Definetly not a phase for me. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:18 pm
I've been into it for about 5 or 6 years now... so I don't really see myself growing out of Yaoi. However, fandoms and pairings are a different story.

Back a couple of years ago I really got into Prince of Tennis and all that. Not just into it, I became obsessed. Mainly with Fuji. sweatdrop It got a little out of hand. But then at one point I was just done. I still have trouble even trying to read anything with Fuji in it or any of the couples I used to support. I can actually go back and read some on pairings I never really looked into, but the other ones just kinda put me off.

But that didn't mean I was done with Yaoi. I moved onto different fandoms. A few months ago there was a time when I didn't have much yaoi (other than my dolls. biggrin Though Miles wanted nothing to do with it outwardly, he secretly kinda liked it) but then I suddenly picked up Kingdom Hearts and you know where that ends. xp

And also, I still will find pairings in almost everything, just for fun. Makes things like movies or shows more interesting. xd  

Like Apple Candy

Ithidan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:24 pm
heh lately ive become more and more obssessed with yaoi. i mite be wrong and it might not be a phase  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:23 pm
It's a phase as much as anime is. I was really into yaoi when I was really into anime. Now I only like it if there's one that's spectacular- on both accounts.  

thatdrncat

Teh_Sheba

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:03 pm
In my case, I just don't see an end in sight. It's the same with anime and manga. In 20 or so years, I'll still be a little fangirl for the latest fantasy manga or anime, and I will undoubtedly still squeal when I see a good yaoi pairing/picture/fanfiction. I'll stick out from the crowd in that way, but, hey, I've always been considered wierd, so nothing new there.

I mean, even now, sometimes I put Yaoi on the proverbial back burner to pay fandom to other, new things, but I think Yaoi, Yuri, and anime/manga are here to stay in my twisted little mind.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff