14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
undecided
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

see trees

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:07 pm
I prefer modern type vampires like her ones.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:05 pm
I have read all of her books, from In the Forests of the Night to Falcondance and I have yet to find an author who writes better vamps. I do wish she would try to write a 'wolf novel, but what can ya do? As for a favorite? Demon in My View followed closely by the Kiesha'ra series as a whole. (Hawksong, Snakecharm, and Falcondance)  

CelticVampChik

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:19 pm
I've read better vampire books than Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' books. Like I've said before (in this thread), her vampires are just too indestructible. I'm not a big fan of vampires that have few weaknesses. And hers are just too... "Oh, yeah, I'm not allergic to garlic, my sense of smell is just 20 times better than a human's, so I'm sensitive to smells. And light doesn't bug me at all. Silver... yeah, kind of hurts me, if you can get it in the right spot." It makes no sense. Everything has a weakness, and theirs just sucks, since half the time it doesn't even kill them.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:23 pm
I've read, In the Forest of the Night , Demon In My View , and Shattered Mirror. They were pretty good alhtough not on the list of my favorite books ever. But then again I'm not really that into vampires and whatnot.  

Hiitachin Kaoru

CelticVampChik

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:39 pm
I am a HUGE vampire fan and I LOVE heart the idea of near indestructability, but that is just my personal liking and I stick to the belief "Each to their own" so have at them if that is what you want to do but I stick by my previous statements and I doubt you will be able to change my mind, but you are welcome to try (I enjoy a challenge biggrin ).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:26 am
I have read all of her books. She rocks. I believe she's number.. 5 or 6 on my list of favorite authors.  

Argetlam092

Survey Report

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:39 pm
I've read almost all of hers. I didn't read Hawksong & SnakeCharm yet even though I heard they were really good.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:05 pm
Incredibly, very much good! Though you waited too long because she has another one coming out...Wolfhaven I think...?  

CelticVampChik

Setsuna Rainrix

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:19 pm
CelticVampChik
I am a HUGE vampire fan and I LOVE heart the idea of near indestructability, but that is just my personal liking and I stick to the belief "Each to their own" so have at them if that is what you want to do but I stick by my previous statements and I doubt you will be able to change my mind, but you are welcome to try (I enjoy a challenge biggrin ).

Huge vampire fan too. But they aren't indestructable, Magick hurts them a hell of a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:47 pm
Setsuna Rainrix
Huge vampire fan too. But they aren't indestructable, Magick hurts them a hell of a lot.

Very true. I had forgotten that particular weakness.

CelticVampChik

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:32 am
Hee. I really, really like Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:38 pm
I read Demon in my View and didn't like it, but a friend of mine tells me that her later stuff is better. I suppose I'm not just that into vampire books.

ninja

Julri

Verlindaine333

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:44 pm
I lvoe ahwksong, I've read ir so many times I'm thinking about buying it so I don't ahve to go to the library to get it  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:22 pm
I love Hawksong and Snakecharm. I highly recomend her books.  

Devaki~Kao

Ashtaye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:20 pm
I've only read Hawksong but I really like her style. ^^  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items