Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
So Whats on your altar? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:07 pm
Jeans and a T-Shirt wink  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:59 am
Deoridhe
There are times I think every surface of my room is an altar. xd Not to mention the walls.

I have two alterish things on themid point of my stairs, for example, where my Odin statue ( courtesy Tea heart ),
4laugh
Rook>> No boxers? eek  

TeaDidikai

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:46 am
TeaDidikai

Rook>> No boxers? eek

My boys is Free as birds!!!

But on a serious note, how are we defining Altar?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:12 am
Rookherst[KOS]

My boys is Free as birds!!!
redface  

TeaDidikai

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:42 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Good to see you Hun.

So? Phish Food is usually $3.
Quantity over quality. Especially when offering sacrifices to the gods.
Pish.
Pish. Posh. We're all Kosh.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:05 pm
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Good to see you Hun.

So? Phish Food is usually $3.
Quantity over quality. Especially when offering sacrifices to the gods.
Pish.
Pish. Posh. We're all Kosh.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Babylon 5 formed a great deal of my spiritual beliefs when I first discovered Paganism, and in a way, I still agree with this statement of Delenns

Quote:
"The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make this station and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are star-stuff. We are the Universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out. And, as we have both learned, sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective."
A Distant Star

Further explained here:
Quote:
"We believe that the Universe itself is conscious in a way we can never truly understand. It is engaged in a search for meaning, so it breaks itself apart, investing its own consciousness in every form of life. We are the Universe, trying to explain itself."
Passing Through Gethesemane

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:24 pm
Nuri

Babylon 5 formed a great deal of my spiritual beliefs when I first discovered Paganism...
I've come across this before actually- from a group of Asatru.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:09 pm
i dont have an alter, but a trunk my room mate shares with me. we keep all our pagan stuff in there, some books, our notes, candles, knifes, blanket, his runes, and rune making materials....
when we are going to do something we gather what we need and head out back to a nice little hill  

GrayRayn

Specter Love

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:06 pm
My altar is currently in a serious state of WTF, since I'm trying to clean our bedroom in preparation for the baby. Usually though, I keep two white candles in glass candleholders, a silver hand bell, my incense burner, my singing bowl, a dish of salt, and a votive holder carved out of a cluster of Amethyst there. I've hung a picture of Sophia above it, between a couple candle sconces, but I may have to take those down once we start moving furniture.

I'll take a picture when the bedroom is clean and it's all re-assembled. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:10 pm
Gnostic? blaugh domokun  

Rookherst[KOS]

Specter Love

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:22 pm
Rookherst[KOS]
Gnostic? blaugh domokun

Very much so.

Yay for the Apostolic Gnostic Church. heart

EDIT: It occurs to me that I think we may have gotten into a discussion about Gnosticism in the M&R forums once, back when I had a different name. I'll have to see about digging that up...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:47 pm
At the moment I don't have much of an alter/shrine. I just moved this past week and have now finally manged to move most of my things into one location. I did find this tall table (the kind usually reserved to sit behind couches) on my way home the other say and now it has begun to gather most of what I usually use on or under it.

I acutally pulled out all my ritual things and started the sorting process. By the Tuesday I should have things under control. With pictures.  

Noirkaze

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:31 am
Specter Love

Very much so.
Yay for the Apostolic Gnostic Church. heart

I attempted to join early on into my study of Gnosticism, but received no response.

Since then i've vaguely put together my own tradition.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:05 am
Oh! I found a place that sells statues of one of my namesakes. I want to buy it, but they are in another country and they don't seem to be responding to my e-mails. crying  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:29 pm
My shrine lives in my bookshelf.
User Image
Closeup

The red candle is an LED that turns on and off when you pass your hand over it, and I use essential oils in the tea light in lieu of incense.

We're moving this month though, and I'm going back to school, so it will change. I like the bookshelf arrangement, but its space is limited and so is its height so I've had to find other places in my room for taller offerings and it's pretty much full as it is. I have two bedside tables but it's supposed to be as far away from your bed as possible, so the bookshelf.

I want a table with a cabinet so I can put statues in the cabinet (don't have any yet, you can see my drawings of Nut and Sekhmet on the bookshelf) and spread out on the table for the other things. When I have a table I can put this guy on it. Right now he's on the table next to my bed. I've never used cone incense before, though, so I haven't been able to light him up, and I can't find any more matches. But I love him.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff