Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:39 pm
Jessi looked up at one of the speakers and tilted her head to the side. "You know, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out, Daniel!"

She quickly stood up and ran out of the lounge to her desk. She sat down on her chair behind the desk and started fiddling with the main switchboard that controlled the speakers.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:44 pm
But... my hot cocoa and cheesecake! sad *gets pulled away*

*once he's released, starts eating the fruit*

Ummm... meditate? confused That's not easy with all my other pets around. Or even Smok, for that matter. He doesn't sit still for long unless he's eating or sleeping.

(( xd apparently Kits can't eat her cheesecake in peace here.))  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:52 pm
Daniel watched as Jessi got up and left the room. A short moment later, music began filtering into the room, though Daniel looked at the nearest speaker with something of an incredulous look on his face. Once Jessi came back into the lounge, Daniel gave her an uncertain look.

"That's music? Man, I need to get caught up apparently."

A few more stanzas into the current song, and Daniel gave the speaker another odd look.

"Or not."

{{ When I pulled up the playlist, the first song was Devour. Which I like, but from Daniel's perspective, is nothing like what he's familiar with. }}  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:55 pm
{{lol!! That's why it's good they're both the owners. wink }}

Jack brought over Kits' cheesecake and hot cocoa over to where she was sitting along with Amy's cinnamon bun and two napkins.

Amy smiled up at Jack. "Thank you, Jack."

Amy turned back to Kits. "It's easier for the pet to sit still and stay calm if the owner is. I also would bribe Thistle with something she liked if she stayed sitting and quiet for at least 20 minutes. It was usually the promise of brushing her mane."

She giggled and then reached over for her cinnamon bun. "And I would meditate at work, at MW when I was the bartender there, actually, instead of at home. I would meditate by myself at work and then try again later in the day at home with Thistle. You could do both here if you wanted to."  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:58 pm
{{lol! I LOOOVE Shinedown!}}

Jessi gasped and feigned hurt at Daniel's words. "What? Daniel, I'm hurt. Shinedown is an amazing band! Sure, no Beethoven live, but those of us who haven't had the opportunity to see him live have to make due with what we have."

She looked over at Daniel, grinned knowingly, and winked.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:04 pm
Thank you. *smiles up at Jack*

There's not much I can bribe Smok with. He gets excited easily. sweatdrop *picks up her cocoa*  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:08 pm
Daniel raised his hands in mock defense, his smile coming back.

"Okay, okay. I didn't really mean anything by it. Just not anything I'm used to."

Leaning back onto the bar, Daniel watched everyone doing what they were doing.

"I dunno, though. Maybe something with a more personal touch."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm
Amy thought about it for a moment. "Hmm..."

She took a bite of her cinnamon roll, chewed, swallowed, dabbed her mouth with a napkin, and then spoke.

"Well, you could practice just by yourself for awhile. Maybe that would help your powers enough?"  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:12 pm
Jessi smiled, glad Daniel got the joke and smiled, too.

"Well, you don't have to like the band. Another song by another artist will be coming on soon."

"And what with a more personal touch? A song? How so?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 pm
Daniel waved his hands noncomittedly.

"I don't know. A performer or such. Someone with a keyboard, or some sort of string instrument. You know, personal."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 pm
Jessi looked at Daniel, trying to understand what he was saying, but just not being able to.

"No... I'm sorry, Daniel, I don't know. This song does have a keyboard in it, string instruments... the string instruments are guitars. Just because it's rock doesn't mean it's not personal. In fact, many would argue that rock music is some of the most personal music there is."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:28 pm
Daniel shook his head slightly, his grin never fading.

"No, not like that."

Turning around, Daniel held his arms wide towards the rest of the room.

"I mean, more personal. As in, here. In person."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:29 pm
Maybe... I don't know... sweatdrop I've just been kind of working on it when I have time. I haven't been changing him on accdent lately, though. *picks up her cheesecake and takes a bite*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:31 pm
Jessi still looked confused. "Do you mean like live music here?"  

Jessi_Deramis

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:33 pm
Amy looked down at her cinnamon bun and nodded. "I understand. I'm just trying to share what helped with me. Meditating and connecting with Thistle helped me the most. But you do need to practice every day on your magic. It will just get rusty if you don't."  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games