Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:59 am
Wait, you are being sued for hitting a deer that was getting tired of life and picked your car for a fast exit? Or is this about not getting money for a new car?

And hee, scarred for life. Welcome to the club. Though come on, it's just an animal, once you join the military and kill people that spit on your flag you get the real scary s**t in your nightmares.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:44 am
No we're not getting sued. We hit two deer and they caused an estimated $3,000 worth of damage on our car. The insurance company is pulling some bullshit to get out of paying for the damage. Specifics: The car and insurance are both in my Grandfather's name, because he bought them for my mother (New car for her birthday, and insurance has to be bought with to the car so insurance too, my mother just gives her dad money to pay for both). In the middle of last month, my Grandpa, being a straightforward type of guy, just goes in and asks how much the payment was. So they tell him and he writes a check right on the spot and gives it to them. When the check was processed a while later, somehow it ended up some amount of money short of the "real" payment. Without warning or telling my grandfather, they cut off the insurance policy. So now my mom is stuck paying for both car rental and repairs to the car.
My grandfather is going to get a legal consult, and we think we may have a case because we we're not adequately notified of the policy cancellation, and the idiot at the desk told my Grandpa the wrong amount.

Did I fail to mention that the deer literally exploded on the hood of our car? Blood smears the grills and the top of our car. They came apart so easy...  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:19 pm
There there, it will become easier with time, you just need to talk about it with people. Talk about it with your parents, both of them. It just takes time to get over it properly.

I should warn you, if it comes to a lawsuit be prepared that your insurance company can be petty enough to drag the case on long enough that the cost will rise at your side to such levels that you are left with no choice but to drop it or face a bill of several thousands of dollars for the required legal support.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:06 pm
Update: Upon further "estimation" the estimated damage is now up to $5,000. This is not solid, the mechanic says he has to take a look around inside to get a better one yet. On the legal side, my Grandpa blew up in the insurance company's face and somehow got them to consider their ********. They say there is a chance the policy will be re-instated and we will be covered, I don't know how likely.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

King Kento

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am
Well it sounds like things are being handled the way they should be. My only real question/concern is.....

How fast were you moving? Ive seen deer hit, they dont explode. At what speed was your mother (or you) driving???

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:55 am
Maybe those deer fell into the same chemicals as that guy at the end of the first Robocop movie, he splattered into chunky gibs when hit by that police car.  

Samantha Bentley

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:15 am
King Kento
Well it sounds like things are being handled the way they should be. My only real question/concern is.....

How fast were you moving? Ive seen deer hit, they dont explode. At what speed was your mother (or you) driving???

I think we we're going 70 when we first saw the first dear, and then somewhere around 60 when we actually hit them. I think they split because they were relatively young.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:05 am
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
King Kento

I think we we're going 70 when we first saw the first dear, and then somewhere around 60 when we actually hit them. I think they split because they were relatively young.

Im thinking more than 70, and Im assuming that wasnt the speed limit for where you were. Youre talking about something going to bits. Seriously, going 70 the deer's going to die, and probably be crunched in, but they stay in one piece.  

King Kento

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:19 am
It depends on the angle that the deer hit the car. My English teacher hit a deer going 75 in a BMW and split it in half. The explosion just comes down to if its stomach and fur were ruptured.

However, I do honestly doubt that you were only pulling 60 when you hit the deer.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:29 am
Both of them hit the front driver side corner of the car. But yeah I'm pretty sure we we're going somewhere between 60-70 MPH. Perhaps young ones come apart easier than the rest?  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:30 am
Or perhaps the type of car involved has something to do with it. Seeing as the deer come apart I'd almost automatically say SUV or Hummer. Things don't come apart unless the velocity is extremely high. And age of the target should have nothing to do with it. Too bad that the critters were still young, otherwise you could take the antlers along as a memento.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:44 am
Okay, Mom confessed to going about 75 mph. But our car is far from a deer slayer: Weapon of Choice.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:42 pm
What was the general condition/curvature of the road that you were on?

Namely, were there:
  • Potholes?
  • Ruts?
  • Unexpected bumps?

Also, were you traveling on a straight patch of road, or was it curved?
Were you on a hill at all? If so, which way were you going?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:43 pm
Slight upwards slant, straight road, pretty smooth. They deer emerged out of a steep median, jumped over a steel fence and onto our car.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:23 pm
Hm...well, I'll crank some numbers and find out random s**t such as exactly how much force you exerted on that deer when you hit it. Hooray for learning things in Physics.

Also, if the deer was jumping and collided with your car in mid-leap, its legs might have been swept under/onto the car and made its stomach collide with the (corner) of your car.

Methinks that now I'm just rambling, so I'll stop.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games