Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:59 am
Masquanade
Actually I was thinking of making Shiz captain with Ktio vice captain since they're the only two who wanted to take it. Shiz if I do give captainship do you, do you still want to get new and more active mods? And if so would you rather deal with picking them or me? Also I'm starting to crack down on threads not going into the subforums (if you haven't noticed). I think a subforum, or hell just a thread for something were people can brag would be good. I don't get what is with it, but there seems to be a lot of bragging threads lately.

If I where to become capitan (which would be so cool ><) I would like to keep the curent mods and get some more active mods too, but if anyone would want to step down that would be fine by me. I think that the application worked well last time, and seeing that summer is almost upon us I belive that we will see more activity. I have noticed the millions of braging threads and I think that massing them into one large thread would be the best idea, hopefully there won't be any brag battles. I realy havent seen that many mod candidates tho, I think that MHhornfreak would make a good mod. He is active and gives out good advice in the WWBW Subforum.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Scheissenkopf
Masquanade
Actually I was thinking of making Shiz captain with Ktio vice captain since they're the only two who wanted to take it. Shiz if I do give captainship do you, do you still want to get new and more active mods? And if so would you rather deal with picking them or me? Also I'm starting to crack down on threads not going into the subforums (if you haven't noticed). I think a subforum, or hell just a thread for something were people can brag would be good. I don't get what is with it, but there seems to be a lot of bragging threads lately.

If I where to become capitan (which would be so cool ><) I would like to keep the curent mods and get some more active mods too, but if anyone would want to step down that would be fine by me. I think that the application worked well last time, and seeing that summer is almost upon us I belive that we will see more activity. I have noticed the millions of braging threads and I think that massing them into one large thread would be the best idea, hopefully there won't be any brag battles. I realy havent seen that many mod candidates tho, I think that MHhornfreak would make a good mod. He is active and gives out good advice in the WWBW Subforum.

I'm all for making MHhornfreak a mod!!! Like you said, he gives lots of good advice, plus he's a sax player ;P If you haven't listened to the link he put up of his jazz band yet, I recommend doing so because it's great!  

Inucoli

KitoYasha

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:46 pm
Everything sounds good to me. =] And about MHHornfreak, I'm surprised he's not already a mod because he's so active and helpful. He knows so much about music!

Edit!: I find it amazing that we can have so many members but so little real activity. Is it considerable to start banning inactive members (i.e. those with no posts)?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:10 pm
KitoYasha
Everything sounds good to me. =] And about MHHornfreak, I'm surprised he's not already a mod because he's so active and helpful. He knows so much about music!

Edit!: I find it amazing that we can have so many members but so little real activity. Is it considerable to start banning inactive members (i.e. those with no posts)?

This may sound weird but it kinda makes the guild look good with so many members, we are on the second page and we finaly beat the canadian guild ^__^  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:37 pm
Scheissenkopf
KitoYasha

This may sound weird but it kinda makes the guild look good with so many members, we are on the second page and we finaly beat the cadian guild ^__^

Those were my thoughts too sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:56 am
Agreed, that's true, and excuse me if I'm being cynical, but what good are so many members if they're not active? =/

KitoYasha

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:23 pm
KitoYasha
Agreed, that's true, and excuse me if I'm being cynical, but what good are so many members if they're not active? =/

well realy the only reason is people see us when they browse the main page, thats how I found BNG. Realy we don't do any advertizeing except for siggys. I mean look at other guilds, do you think poll whore guilds have all 10000 members posting at a time? Some people just join to say they are in it, or they are in this guild just in case something goes wrong and they need help/  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:05 am
Scheissenkopf
KitoYasha

well realy the only reason is people see us when they browse the main page, thats how I found BNG. Realy we don't do any advertizeing except for siggys. I mean look at other guilds, do you think poll whore guilds have all 10000 members posting at a time? Some people just join to say they are in it, or they are in this guild just in case something goes wrong and they need help/

Or perhaps they're just very active lurkers, and we don't know it...  

iOggy

Inucoli

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:47 am
iOggy
Scheissenkopf
KitoYasha

Or perhaps they're just very active lurkers, and we don't know it...

that's true. I'm like that in one of the guilds I belong to. I read everything but don't really post ^_^*  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:56 am
So, does anybody else have parades to do this weekend?

KitoYasha

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:15 pm
KitoYasha

nope ^___^ spring concert was yesterday, went realy well. maybe you have heard of mikeys solo, carnival of venice? it was awesome! we also played a flute solo from the marines library becuase after our midwest performance colonel uhhh beugdraw (woah sp) gave DA a bear hug and siad we could use their music anytime >< and spring banquet is tonight so i have to get ready for that in 10min sweatdrop
-edit-
woah. banquets over. super suprises. First drum major is allways a senior, and next year its a junior, this is so cool. And all junior men for next year (me) are supposed to be on equipment crew but becuase the eq members this year are bad people they all have it again which means im not one ^___^ and my friend who has been in concert band for Frsh and soph year first flute came up this year and she was all Omg im new im gonna be a clerk, she is student conductor and libraian which is huge and liz quit drumline where she was gonna be dl capitan and now shes a clerk. she deserves it tho... so exciting night year. I cried, my two like best friends are seniors and the seniors give speeches and it was so touching lol.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:28 pm
Scheissenkopf
KitoYasha

nope ^___^ spring concert was yesterday, went realy well. maybe you have heard of mikeys solo, carnival of venice? it was awesome! we also played a flute solo from the marines library becuase after our midwest performance colonel uhhh beugdraw (woah sp) gave DA a bear hug and siad we could use their music anytime >< and spring banquet is tonight so i have to get ready for that in 10min sweatdrop
-edit-
woah. banquets over. super suprises. First drum major is allways a senior, and next year its a junior, this is so cool. And all junior men for next year (me) are supposed to be on equipment crew but becuase the eq members this year are bad people they all have it again which means im not one ^___^ and my friend who has been in concert band for Frsh and soph year first flute came up this year and she was all Omg im new im gonna be a clerk, she is student conductor and libraian which is huge and liz quit drumline where she was gonna be dl capitan and now shes a clerk. she deserves it tho... so exciting night year. I cried, my two like best friends are seniors and the seniors give speeches and it was so touching lol.

aww! That's awesome!  

Inucoli

KitoYasha

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:49 am
That sounds awesome, Shiz. =) My band isn't very tight-knit nor are we really the main focus of school (by any means), so I'm assuming that we don't have a band banquet. Or, if we do, it's probably just for the seniors because my BD is awful about picking favourites like that.

I just had two parades this weekend, and while I'm an awful marcher and my feet are covered in blisters, it still gives me a gratifying sense that I did something and it was worth it. ^_^ Know what I mean? Yes? No? Bunseeds?

Also, is anyone other than myself still in school? I wish New York would start school earlier -- when all of your friends go back in August and you're still sitting around, bored out of your mind, until September, you start to lose the thrill of summer vacation really fast.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:27 pm
KitoYasha
That sounds awesome, Shiz. =) My band isn't very tight-knit nor are we really the main focus of school (by any means), so I'm assuming that we don't have a band banquet. Or, if we do, it's probably just for the seniors because my BD is awful about picking favourites like that.

I just had two parades this weekend, and while I'm an awful marcher and my feet are covered in blisters, it still gives me a gratifying sense that I did something and it was worth it. ^_^ Know what I mean? Yes? No? Bunseeds?

Also, is anyone other than myself still in school? I wish New York would start school earlier -- when all of your friends go back in August and you're still sitting around, bored out of your mind, until September, you start to lose the thrill of summer vacation really fast.

2 more weeks D: we started august 25th  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:10 am
Still in school but this is my last week. My parents will be here thrusday to pack me up and then we're leaving Friday for the nice two day car ride home. stare sweatdrop But yeah currently doing finals.

My high school has been out- it gets out pretty early, but then again it started pretty early as well.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games