Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:46 pm
"Oh. I figured they'd loan bikes out up here, too. Good thing we were just planning on the carriages anyway."

She laughed softly and then walked out of the hotel with Karrie and into a carriage.

When they were in the village, she stood and looked around. "So, where to first? Fudge or souvenir shopping?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:50 pm
*shakes his head* I think it's just at the shops.

*after the ride to the village, he looks around* Why don't we just start on this side of the street and work our way down? Go in whatever store looks interesting. *shrugs* I'm not sure what each shop has anyway.  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:53 pm
Amy smiled and nodded. "Sounds good. Though for a few minutes after we shop together, I think we should break off from each other and shop on our own. I mean, we don't have to take that long, but it might be fun."

She walked over to the first store and went inside.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:01 pm
*shrugs* All right, if you want to. I might take a while at the fudge shops... *chuckles as they go into the first shop, which seems to be mostly random souvenirs*  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:05 pm
Amy smiled. "Well I thought we'd spend time together at the fudge shops."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:08 pm
Fudge is good... Especially if they happen to be giving samples. wink I don't know if they do or not, but that would be good. *wanders around the shop* How much can they put the name of the island on? *laughs as he looks at a display of small toys*  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:15 pm
"Free samples? That would be amazing. I wonder how many different kinds of fudge can be made."

She laughed when Karrie pointed out the tourist items. "That's funny. Do you think there are shops around with more traditional items?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:26 pm
There are a lot... I know I've had chocolate, dark chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, and maple. Then you can get them with or without nuts...

*turns to Amy* I'm sure there are. Can't be too far away, since the town only has two streets. Do you want to try to find one?

*Karrie was noticing that Amy seemed to be a bit more distant lately. She did seem to be having fun, though. Maybe she was just homesick and missed Thistle. He missed Velcore a lot, but was trying not to show it too much*  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:34 pm
Amy's eyes widened. "All those different kinds? The vanilla and peanut butter versions sound really good."

When he mentioned looking around for a different, more traditional store, she nodded and smiled brightly. "Yeah, I'd like that a lot. Thanks. I want to get something for Kits, Velcore, Smok, Gwee and, of course, Thistle."

'And you', she added silently to herself.

"And do you know if there are any masseuse places around? I've never had a back rub before and I'm interested. Well, Dec gave me half of one. I'm nervous, though. I mean, I think it might be weird for a stranger to give me a back rub, but a back rub would just put the icing on the cake for this trip, don't you think?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:39 pm
Peanut butter's my favorite. Kits really likes maple.

*starts leading her out of the store* We'll go look around then. I've got a few people to shop for too. If nothing else, I guess I can bring people fudge. sweatdrop I'm not so good at shopping for gifts. Kits has been picking out all the presents I send to my family for a while...

*shrugs as they wait for a group of loud tourists to go past them* I don't know, I don't remember seeing any advertisements for one. Doesn't mean there isn't one, though.  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:44 pm
Amy laughed at the idea of Kits picking out all of Karrie's gifts. "Well that's really nice of her to do that for you."

Her shoulders sagged just a little bit when Karrie said that he didn't remember seeing a sign for one. "Oh. That sucks. But you're right. Doesn't mean there isn't one. Even if we find one, though, I'm not sure I'll have the guts to go through with it."

She chuckled softly. "Have to wait and see, I guess."

Finally they arrived at an older-looking store. It had some really kitchy stuff in there. It was pretty cool.

She looked around and smiled. "I really like this store."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:00 pm
They're usually from her, too. Even though we're not together anymore, everyone considers her part of the family still.

*notices Amy's obvious disappointment when she talks about the masseuse, but doesn't say anything. A plan is starting to form in his mind. twisted *

*looks around the store they're in* There's some interesting stuff here... *thinks that just bringing back fudge is starting to sound like a good idea sweatdrop At least, for everyone other than Kits. She's easy for him to shop for*  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:08 pm
Amy was really glad she had emotionally stepped back slightly. Otherwise, the constant comments about Kits might have really bothered her. Yep, good thing...

Amy soon found herself in a men's area, and there were some really beautiful pieces of jewelry and suit accessories. This would be the perfect place to get some things for Karrie! She had already been helping to pay for a lot of the meals and attractions she and Karrie went to. She knew that the trip tickets, ferry tickets, and hotel reservation had to have cost Karrie quite a bit. She had insisted to him that he let her help pay for some of this trip, too.

She'd have to come back here when they split off on their own for a little bit. This area was perfect for him.

She quickly went over to the scarf area. She didn't want Karrie to see where she was looking.

"I love this place. It's called The Island Scrimshander."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:24 pm
Hmmm... *nods while looking at a display of necklaces he was considering for Kits* It is interesting... *picks out a necklace and wanders over to a display of toys. Picking up an impossible-looking puzzle toy, he turns around and shows it to Amy* Do you think Smok would like this? He likes to try to take stuff apart.  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:29 pm
Amy looked at the toy and smiled softly as she thought of Smok. "Smok is so adorable... You don't think he'd choke on the pieces if he tried to chew them? What about the other babies around?"

Leave it to a woman to think about the safety precautions instead of just having fun. Amy had never thought herself the type until she got Thistle.  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games