Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:46 am
I really hate the fact that when the tep drops below 20F my lungs want to stop working. And if it's under 20F and dry? I just shouldn't leave whatever building I'm in, because I'm likely to colapse from coughing before I make it 5 yards stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:55 am
Shearaha
I really hate the fact that when the tep drops below 20F my lungs want to stop working. And if it's under 20F and dry? I just shouldn't leave whatever building I'm in, because I'm likely to colapse from coughing before I make it 5 yards stressed
My Nana is the same way.
Have you tried wrapping your face with a scarf? The warmth of your breath and the moisture might help.  

TeaDidikai

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:52 am
TeaDidikai
Shearaha
My Nana is the same way.
Have you tried wrapping your face with a scarf? The warmth of your breath and the moisture might help.

My winter coat has a faux fur lining in the hood. If I can keep it over my nose and mouth it's easier, but still hurts. I used to wear scarves, but my old one has been so used it's almost paper thin now, and I can't find any new ones that feel right against my face. I should just learn how to knit and make one myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:12 pm
Shearaha

My winter coat has a faux fur lining in the hood. If I can keep it over my nose and mouth it's easier, but still hurts. I used to wear scarves, but my old one has been so used it's almost paper thin now, and I can't find any new ones that feel right against my face. I should just learn how to knit and make one myself.
Do you have any specific texture issues?

I have found some amazing scarves, but if texture is an issue, I don't know if they might be right for you.  

TeaDidikai

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:21 pm
TeaDidikai
Shearaha

Do you have any specific texture issues?

I have found some amazing scarves, but if texture is an issue, I don't know if they might be right for you.

Wool makes me itch like mad, and for some reason most of the scarves sold here that aren't made of wool are made of this fuzzy stuff that gets stuck in my nose and pokes my eyes. If I could find a nice soft scarf of a decent length I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. Come to think of it, my Mother-in-law knits. I wonder if i could convice her to show me how to make a scaft. Then I could pick out a thread that doesn't drive me nuts.

Thank you Tea, you've helped me come up with a good idea to at least help with my cold weather breathing issues.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:26 pm
Shearaha
... and for some reason most of the scarves sold here that aren't made of wool are made of this fuzzy stuff that gets stuck in my nose and pokes my eyes.

Muppet fur. Think about all those poor dead muppets before you buy one of those.  

TeaDidikai

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:31 pm
TeaDidikai
Shearaha
... and for some reason most of the scarves sold here that aren't made of wool are made of this fuzzy stuff that gets stuck in my nose and pokes my eyes.

Muppet fur. Think about all those poor dead muppets before you buy one of those.

Oh I don't buy them, but for some reason people keep buying them for me gonk I usually end up just donating them to the Salvation Army, or Goodwill.

I know that no one here knows this but. Muppet was the first dog we had that was all mine, the sweetest Brittany mix you could ever ask for. She was stolen when I was in 6th grade. We never found her.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:51 pm
Shearaha
She was stolen when I was in 6th grade. We never found her.
~hugs~  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:51 pm
Shearaha

Yeah, it's 25 here and with our high humidity it's rather unpleasant.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:57 pm
Thank you Tea heart

CuAnnan, humidity make it easier for me. I have a humidifier going in the bedroom at night so I don't wake up with coughing fits. Hot drinks help too, the best I've found is a Rose Hip Tissane*. I also have to avoid most dairy once it gets cold because it just creats mucouse for me to cough up.

*I think I spelled that right.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:17 pm
Tisane.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:37 pm
Shearaha

Wool makes me itch like mad, and for some reason most of the scarves sold here that aren't made of wool are made of this fuzzy stuff that gets stuck in my nose and pokes my eyes. If I could find a nice soft scarf of a decent length I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. Come to think of it, my Mother-in-law knits. I wonder if i could convice her to show me how to make a scaft. Then I could pick out a thread that doesn't drive me nuts.

If wool makes you itchy, it might be the either the length of the fibers or you could have a sensitivity to lanolin. You could try alpaca, which is both lighter and warmer than wool and doesn't have the lanolin, but if you get anything other than baby alpaca it'll probably have some guard hairs that could also cause itching.

I love angora for keeping my face warm in the winter, but that is also fuzzy...if you want a smooth surface on your face I'd say your best bet is silk, which is as insulating as wool if the scarf is well-made, and about a billion times lighter. Those old-timey aviators wore silk scarves to keep their breath warm in high altitudes before pressurized cockpits, so you could have the added benefit of looking really jaunty.

*climbs down from knitting soapbox*  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:40 pm
AvalonAuggie
Shearaha

If wool makes you itchy, it might be the either the length of the fibers or you could have a sensitivity to lanolin. You could try alpaca, which is both lighter and warmer than wool and doesn't have the lanolin, but if you get anything other than baby alpaca it'll probably have some guard hairs that could also cause itching.

I love angora for keeping my face warm in the winter, but that is also fuzzy...if you want a smooth surface on your face I'd say your best bet is silk, which is as insulating as wool if the scarf is well-made, and about a billion times lighter. Those old-timey aviators wore silk scarves to keep their breath warm in high altitudes before pressurized cockpits, so you could have the added benefit of looking really jaunty.

*climbs down from knitting soapbox*

I have this beautiful brown shawl that I can't remember what it is made from. I want to say that it's kasmire, or some such...

Also, I now have Knitting Envy. Thanks. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:48 pm
I just spent $15 on Gaia RIGs and I didn't get ANYTHING good. Not one. That was very unwise of me. Ugh. Ugh. Bleah. *dark, swirly cloud of doom*  

Bastemhet

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:55 pm
If there's one thing that sucks about being a dude, it's that I don't have any particular rules about my modesty concerning my hair, etc. I just get to wear pants and shirts. *pouts* I just get to look at all the pretty shawls and head scarves.

However, in the winter, I'm known to wrap a cashmere scarf around my face and neck, and pull my hoodie up from underneath my jacket. It's the only way I can get around without coughing myself to death, too. I look like some kind of assassin. wink  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games