Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:07 pm
And here I thought that Luke was Hamil's only role in his acting career. He certainly doesn't need to be in any others to get by.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:25 am
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Does he scream and cry similar to the way he does when he is told who his real father is?

I suppose itd depend on the scene. If youve ever watched the batman cartoons from the 90's, then youve heard Mark Hamil's version of the Joker. On the other end of the spectrum he also voiced Wolverine in a videogame.

Anyways, hes done more than Luke, and like anyone else, he still needs to work. He can only do so much with Star Wars, and even then for some games and things Lucas Arts has had other people voice act Luke.

King Kento

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:36 am
If you look at Hamil's IMDB entry you'll see that he does a lot of voice work for numerous animated features. He's also a comic book writer.

As for him being Luke Skywalker, he got fed up with that, as did most of the other cast members. People don't see him as Mark Hamil, but Luke Skywalker, that's not great in day-to-day life. (Carrie Fisher is still being called Princess Leia by fans to this day)

That's why he doesn't voice Skywalker in the Star Wars games and only rarely voices the character in animated features. Biggest exception to this is that special Simpsons episode, several Robot Chicken episodes and a Jay & Silent Bob movie where he parodies himself by replaying the scene where his hand is cut off. That scene is introduced BTW by Hamil himself in his Joker voice.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:03 am
Twenty years from now, when Mac is a famous writer we will all still remember him as the "angry forums nerd" and whenever he has a junket or bignosed press meeting, one of us will call him that again, just to remind him of his past blaugh  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

King Kento

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:55 pm
Lt. Brookman
If you look at Hamil's IMDB entry you'll see that he does a lot of voice work for numerous animated features. He's also a comic book writer.

As for him being Luke Skywalker, he got fed up with that, as did most of the other cast members. People don't see him as Mark Hamil, but Luke Skywalker, that's not great in day-to-day life. (Carrie Fisher is still being called Princess Leia by fans to this day)

That's why he doesn't voice Skywalker in the Star Wars games and only rarely voices the character in animated features. Biggest exception to this is that special Simpsons episode, several Robot Chicken episodes and a Jay & Silent Bob movie where he parodies himself by replaying the scene where his hand is cut off. That scene is introduced BTW by Hamil himself in his Joker voice.

Im familiar with the Jay & Silent Bob "c**k-Knocker" scene. I thought Mark Hamil did a good job in that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:09 pm
My mom and I have been arguing back and forth, I've only ever seen the first Batman that had Jack Nickleson in it. Was Mark Hamil the voice in an animation? Or was there another movie with him?  

Ruric Torrune

King Kento

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:44 pm
Ruric Torrune
My mom and I have been arguing back and forth, I've only ever seen the first Batman that had Jack Nickleson in it. Was Mark Hamil the voice in an animation? Or was there another movie with him?

No, he hasnt acted as the Joker in live action. Though there was apparently some contreversy amongst comic book fans that Mark Hamil isnt the Joker in Dark Knight.

We're talking about the 90's batman cartoons. If you look through the posts you should see mentions of "voice act" and "cartoons".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:17 pm
King Kento
Ruric Torrune

No, he hasnt acted as the Joker in live action. Though there was apparently some contreversy amongst comic book fans that Mark Hamil isnt the Joker in Dark Knight.

We're talking about the 90's batman cartoons. If you look through the posts you should see mentions of "voice act" and "cartoons".

I guess I'm blind then... I missed that.  

Ruric Torrune

King Kento

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:32 pm
Ruric Torrune

I guess I'm blind then... I missed that.

Meh, it happens.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:17 pm
That's what she said...  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 am
I'd like an opinion on the TV show "Kid Nation" which while interesting in concept, sounded oh so damned wrong in execution. I'd love to see an international version for ages 15+  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:15 pm
I heard there were lawsuits and lots of fuss because of that program. I heard it was because the kids were not properly supervised or treated well.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

King Kento

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:35 pm
Well, other issues included child labor laws, and they didnt notify the state it was filmed in of what they were doing.

But before all of that, I thought it was retarded from the beginning. Seriously, theres a reason kids dont run their own territories, and we dont need a reality TV show to remind us of why children are dependant on parents.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:06 pm
I guess none of you ever read or even heard of "Lord of the Flies" then? All in all, the concept sounded interesting, but to hand out large cash prizes and "pay" the kids according to their "class" was plain wrong. Guess where all the negroes went huh?

For a satirized report on the show, I refer to two Something Awful articles, one written before the show and one after it had ended.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:24 pm
I read Lord of the Flies, and I would have killed all of those stupid ******** within the first 10 minutes of our stupid little adventure. I'd smash that damn conk shell into Piggy's face and crush anyone who wanted to be stupid.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games