Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iOggy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:22 am
Nintendo Punk 05
Yes, the Wii...

Not Nintendo Wii, just Wii.

Plain and simple.. sorta like iPod.

Plain, simple, and just flat-out doinky. I'm still going to call it the Revolution. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:35 pm
Saint-Saens
Just popping in to say I'm still alive, but with AP testing this week I've been busy prepping and such.

Good luck to anyone taking AP tests, BTW. I'm glad I'm only taking one, Euro.
domokun

I had a computer science one this morning gonk some poor girl threw up right in the middle of it... the rest of us up front felt sick for the rest of the test...  

Inucoli

KitoYasha

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:30 pm
My school doesn't even offer any AP courses. =[

As for the flute dying on-stage, nobody else really noticed because a lot of other people's parts were sort of weak, too. It was hardly even mentioned on the tape we got back, but still, I can't help but feel like I let everyone down.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:20 pm
KitoYasha
My school doesn't even offer any AP courses. =[

As for the flute dying on-stage, nobody else really noticed because a lot of other people's parts were sort of weak, too. It was hardly even mentioned on the tape we got back, but still, I can't help but feel like I let everyone down.

It's not your fault. It happens to the best of us. biggrin  

Saint-Saens

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:17 pm
I think I mentioned this a while back, but I'm thinking about getting some new mods that are truly active in this guild. I think our problem is that most of the mods in here are TOO much of band nerds and therefore can't put much time in the guild. We also seem to have run out ideas and energy to keep this guild interesting and moving. I wish there was a way to have like . . . junior mods and whatnot. But . . . I'm getting tired of the guild being very . . . stale right now.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:49 pm
I kinda sorta agree... but if we put new mods in control, then it will eventually lead to staleness once again..

How about a topic of what we can do to improve the guild? Why don't we post one of them?

On a side note: Nintendo Wins E3 2006  

Eldritch BiLast

iOggy

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:24 am
Masquanade
I think I mentioned this a while back, but I'm thinking about getting some new mods that are truly active in this guild. I think our problem is that most of the mods in here are TOO much of band nerds and therefore can't put much time in the guild. We also seem to have run out ideas and energy to keep this guild interesting and moving. I wish there was a way to have like . . . junior mods and whatnot. But . . . I'm getting tired of the guild being very . . . stale right now.

You may be right. I think my problem may actually be not enough band nerdiness at this point; it's been almost four months since I've played my trumpet in any sort of group. I don't feel like I have much to talk about anymore, so I just hide in my own little corner.

Which also happens to contain World of Warcraft. That's another issue right there. sweatdrop

Another thing, it seems like most of the actual guildies here are significantly younger than me, which only contributes to the problem. Oh, and it also seems like maybe we have too many guild members. There's very little chance to get to know someone when they're one of *looks* 4,267 members. I'm much more comfortable with my guild on WoW, which is closer to 70ish people.

In summary; I may be bowing out soon, as the BNG and I seem to no longer have a common interest base.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:37 am
Masquanade

Im alive, hardly Ive been sick lately. I hate being sick.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:47 pm
iOggy
Masquanade

You may be right. I think my problem may actually be not enough band nerdiness at this point; it's been almost four months since I've played my trumpet in any sort of group. I don't feel like I have much to talk about anymore, so I just hide in my own little corner.

Which also happens to contain World of Warcraft. That's another issue right there. sweatdrop

Another thing, it seems like most of the actual guildies here are significantly younger than me, which only contributes to the problem. Oh, and it also seems like maybe we have too many guild members. There's very little chance to get to know someone when they're one of *looks* 4,267 members. I'm much more comfortable with my guild on WoW, which is closer to 70ish people.

In summary; I may be bowing out soon, as the BNG and I seem to no longer have a common interest base.

I've been thinking about handing the guild over as well. I mean I haven't touched my trumpet since my spring concert, which was almost a year ago. This school just doesn't have much to offer for a band nerd (unless I was uber geeky and went into sound design). Question: If I did resign, anyone would like to become captain? I would just give it over to Oggy, but since he too is thinking about quitting. I may still be a mod or something, but I don't think I really deserve to be captain much any more.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:29 am
I think the new mods thing is a good idea. Lots of us just don't have time, and that's the whole idea of being a moderator -- actually being around. =/ Being a band nerd is the point of this guild, and having moderators that are is the key, but band does eat up a lot of time if one truly is a "band nerd".

Point one: For instance, I practice for up to nine hours a day on weekends (obsessive, wot?) and thus don't get on the computer as much. It is also drawing near the end of the school year, so I have parade marches and concerts and competitions and whatnot to prepare for/participate in. NYSSMA is a pain in the butt, really.

Point two: I agree with Oggy, there are too many members. It's great that bandnerdism is such a common practice, but I betcha more than half of the people in here are inactive and don't even consider themself a band nerd offline. Ahem.

Point three: All in all, I can't claim to be the best moderator, with being grounded so often and not getting along with most of you well and suchthelike. Drawing back to the main problem, we just don't have time anymore. Some of you are in college and others are departing this summer, and that only adds to the workload, right? Right. That, and there's also the fact that I'm a lot younger than most of you (sheesh, I'm four days over a year older than Dan's kid sister!), and don't really touch base very well. To not being a people person! *Raises glass*

Perhaps over the summer my activity will be back to normal (it seems like I was a lot more active before my promotion to moderator, go figure), since I will have nothing to do except summer reading and lessons. My school is too cheap to have a good marching band. Anyway, since it'd probably best to stop rambling now, I apologize for being such a crummy mod and hey, maybe more active moderators would be good for the guild.

As for the captainship question, I would be happy to do it if nobody else wanted to and my presence wasn't away so much (but, then, my butt will be in gear sophomore year and hopefully won't be grounded as frequently); I'm the youngest and I daresay will be around the longest, but that's not always a good thing, either.

Have a happy Thursday!

KitoYasha

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:33 pm
Masquanade
iOggy
Masquanade

I've been thinking about handing the guild over as well. I mean I haven't touched my trumpet since my spring concert, which was almost a year ago. This school just doesn't have much to offer for a band nerd (unless I was uber geeky and went into sound design). Question: If I did resign, anyone would like to become captain? I would just give it over to Oggy, but since he too is thinking about quitting. I may still be a mod or something, but I don't think I really deserve to be captain much any more.

I woulden't mind being captain, it would be a nice experience. Would you still be a mod, I don't like people leaveing Oo graduation in a month and people quiting, its depressing.

Have a happy Thursday!

-edit-
as for new mods, We are kinda like the only active people, except for a few. Sence the subforums came up it has also became an easier job, I think that we are active, just checking applications mostly and not realy chatting anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:34 pm
Everything that I could have said has already been mentioned. I don't really have much to say, and I'd be a broken record to state my opinion on everything. I would say (especially right now), inactivity is due to exams and such.

I'm with Oggy, I have my other world than this guild. When I do have free time, I like to play WoW a bit.

Really off topic: Oggy, I don't suppose you're on Horde Azgalor, are you?  

Saint-Saens

KitoYasha

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:58 am
Oops, I just deleted a thread that I was going to lock, accidentally. =X Um.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:10 am
Saint-Saens
Everything that I could have said has already been mentioned. I don't really have much to say, and I'd be a broken record to state my opinion on everything. I would say (especially right now), inactivity is due to exams and such.

I'm with Oggy, I have my other world than this guild. When I do have free time, I like to play WoW a bit.

Really off topic: Oggy, I don't suppose you're on Horde Azgalor, are you?

You guys are such WoW geeks >< I never realy had the urge to play it becuase I don't want to buy a game just to then have to buy the card to play the game. I think thats a rip off, which is probably the most addicting factor, you play your 60 days and get leveld up some when you days run out then you your all " Omg I was allmost at level blah blah blah" Then you buy another 60 days.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:43 am
If I did hand over ownership, I would probably still be a mod. I believe I've stated that in previous post. But so far the only two willing to take the title of captain is Scheis and Kito? What happened to my other mods? sweatdrop  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games