Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

bones89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:12 pm
maenad nuri
Speaking of work, I am weaning myself off of overtime....the pay is just so damn good, it's hard to stop, but I am literally making myself sick. I was miserable yesterday.

But, work, please stop with the making me pissed off. No work meetings, no mentorship meetings, canceling anything, strongly worded "please do an hour of overtime so management can do performance reviews" emails, weeklong backlogs in operations and starting to get really incompetent coworkers -- all that, I can handle. But what is seriously pissing me off?

Theres a long standing tradition of the Team Holiday Party. You get some paid time off the phones, the whole team goes to lunch and work pays for it. Because of how busy it is, they decided to cancel it. For every team. They vow to replace it.

What did they replace it with? A catered bbq lunch that was mostly cold when I finally got to it, that was done during our lunch break.

...so no paid time off the phone, no extra time off the phone, and cold food. Real morale-booster, there.

I'm good at my job, so I can work with the irate customers, Operations likes me so I can get the worst of the problems fixed, but come on, we need a little break here and there. Upper management thinks this went off without a hitch! They need to spend some time down here in the low-paid area.

I envy your overtime.. Some how the owner of my company can get away with not paying us overtime... Which was a huge bummer because I was working 70 hours a week during the summer.

In regards to the "repaying" situation, I had a friend of my mom's have that happen to her. (? did that make sense) The company had to cancel an annual thing for business sake and they ended up screwing the staff over with some lame excuse of an incentive. So I am sorry to here that it happened to you, too. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:18 pm
bones89

I envy your overtime.. Some how the owner of my company can get away with not paying us overtime... Which was a huge bummer because I was working 70 hours a week during the summer.

It's helps to be at the corporate HQ for a fortune 20, that's not being horrifically effected by the recession. We're even hiring! Although mostly from within the other, more part-time, insurance call center.  

maenad nuri
Captain

bones89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:47 pm
maenad nuri
bones89

It's helps to be at the corporate HQ for a fortune 20, that's not being horrifically effected by the recession. We're even hiring! Although mostly from within the other, more part-time, insurance call center.

Alas, I am a lowly Movie Theater Manager of a 4 screen theater. This is also I a privately owned company. *sigh* I am going to clock out this week with 50+ hours and get paid my hourly... No time and a half for me *pout*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:14 pm
bones89
maenad nuri
bones89

Alas, I am a lowly Movie Theater Manager of a 4 screen theater. This is also I a privately owned company. *sigh* I am going to clock out this week with 50+ hours and get paid my hourly... No time and a half for me *pout*

The plus side to my job: I have an hour of overtime each day this week. It's at time a half plus shift premium.  

maenad nuri
Captain

bones89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 pm
maenad nuri
bones89
maenad nuri
bones89

The plus side to my job: I have an hour of overtime each day this week. It's at time a half plus shift premium.
crying  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:35 pm
This is going to sound trivial compared to everything else.

So I walk into my home for the first time in six weeks. The welcome I get? Two of my model kits have been broken because my parents thought they were toys and probably gave them to some younger cousins to play with. Of course, I'm glad they didn't give them my best and most expensive one, but I'm expecting that's more because it's pink than anything else.

I expect replacement. stare  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:04 am
What kind of goddamn cowardly little p***k are you? You don't spread around rumors and b***h about someone behind their goddamn back. You don't tell them that they're slack because they can't do parts of their work without your help and you're always off doing your own damn thing. You don't ******** off on your little holiday and leave a letter on someone's computer desktop that tells them they have a substance abuse problem when they don't, mock them for taking medically ordered stress leave, and continue to enforce the idea that you think they're just off ******** around all day.

AND YOU DON'T DO THIS BULLSHIT TO YOUR GODDAMN STUDENT YOU PATHETIC p***k OF A MAN.

Go and eat a ton of raw nettles you b*****d. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:43 pm
Why do people who are interested in the "paranormal" so stupid? Just blatantly stupid?

2, count 'em, TWO people I have MET have had traumatizing events involving the death of a loved one. While I feel for them, I somehow don't think it's okay for one of them to tell me I am "Gabriel, the Angel of Death, sent from Innana to cleanse [him] for pissing her off and being a god on earth." Not to mention he was "POWER OVERWHELMING +20" with super badass powers that he convientently could never reveal because my "mind wasn't open." He was staring at the bushes saying that its soul was lit on fire and called me stupid for not being able to see the bush literally burst into flames.

WTF?

Then there's a guy on the paranormal forum who's situation is very, very similar.

Is this like a normal occurrence that happens after death? Is it some kind of PTSD? I don't know if I should be more pissed off or more sympathetic. I'll continue to give the same advice once the "my loved one just died" remark comes out: you should seek some counseling to deal with these feelings.

-_- Why?  

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:53 pm
Synnthetika
Why do people who are interested in the "paranormal" so stupid? Just blatantly stupid?

2, count 'em, TWO people I have MET have had traumatizing events involving the death of a loved one. While I feel for them, I somehow don't think it's okay for one of them to tell me I am "Gabriel, the Angel of Death, sent from Innana to cleanse [him] for pissing her off and being a god on earth." Not to mention he was "POWER OVERWHELMING +20" with super badass powers that he convientently could never reveal because my "mind wasn't open." He was staring at the bushes saying that its soul was lit on fire and called me stupid for not being able to see the bush literally burst into flames.

WTF?

Then there's a guy on the paranormal forum who's situation is very, very similar.

Is this like a normal occurrence that happens after death? Is it some kind of PTSD? I don't know if I should be more pissed off or more sympathetic. I'll continue to give the same advice once the "my loved one just died" remark comes out: you should seek some counseling to deal with these feelings.

-_- Why?

I'm sorry, I feel for you. Most people have no filter of what is reasonable, and what should be looked at a little harder before believing.

Some kid claimed he was half neko-demon, then called me close-minded when I didn't believe him, told me his friends had died because they knew he was a half neko-demon, and then told me when his demon comes out he likes to beat people up and can't feel pain.

Then, after telling him his story didn't make sense and that it really looked like he was trying to cover an anger problem by saying it was supernatural, he told me he could prove it. So, I told him to.

He sends me a sentence of repeating pseudo-Japanese. I tell him that that's not proof, and he was going to have to come up with something better. He tells me to wait a while because it's hard to awaken someone over the internet.

Because obviously all awakened people believe crazy demon stories from teenagers over the internet.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:36 pm
AniMajor
Synnthetika

WTF?

-_- Why?

I'm sorry, I feel for you. Most people have no filter of what is reasonable, and what should be looked at a little harder before believing.

Some kid claimed he was half neko-demon, then called me close-minded when I didn't believe him, told me his friends had died because they knew he was a half neko-demon, and then told me when his demon comes out he likes to beat people up and can't feel pain.

Then, after telling him his story didn't make sense and that it really looked like he was trying to cover an anger problem by saying it was supernatural, he told me he could prove it. So, I told him to.

He sends me a sentence of repeating pseudo-Japanese. I tell him that that's not proof, and he was going to have to come up with something better. He tells me to wait a while because it's hard to awaken someone over the internet.

Because obviously all awakened people believe crazy demon stories from teenagers over the internet.

Neko-demon...? What does the neko part mean?

I feel sorry people who use a fascination/obsession with the supernatural as a way to deal with their emotional issues. I mean, I have a mood disorder, but I'm in therapy, because I know I can get really loopy sometimes. I like to deal with my emotional problems so that they don't clash with other aspects of my life as much. Is that such a terrible concept?  

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:01 am
Synnthetika

Neko-demon...? What does the neko part mean?
Neko is cat.

Quote:
I feel sorry people who use a fascination/obsession with the supernatural as a way to deal with their emotional issues. I mean, I have a mood disorder, but I'm in therapy, because I know I can get really loopy sometimes. I like to deal with my emotional problems so that they don't clash with other aspects of my life as much. Is that such a terrible concept?
Therapy isn't glamorous and it doesn't feed people's need to feel unique.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:27 pm
TeaDidikai

I seriously don't get why people don't just learn a myriad of interesting skills and hobbies to achieve that, instead of convincing themselves that they're say Anubis, Lestat and the Angel of Death all at the same time (true story, I went to school with this guy)  

Recursive Paradox

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:01 pm
Synnthetika

I think it's that once you start seeing some things as "different", everything has to be that way. The whole having a hammer makes everything look like a nail.

And Recursive Paradox, ha!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:26 pm
I hate it when my social anxiety pops back up. I have a wedding and a "Christnukah" party tomorrow and I don't want to drive an hour south to a place I've never been where I'll worry about getting lynched, and then drive an hour back to see my friends, who are nice people, but I can only handle so much social activity in a day when I'm feeling like this, and I'm so sapped of holiday spirit that I just want to curl up in bed and see no people at all. Ugh.  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:49 pm
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai

I seriously don't get why people don't just learn a myriad of interesting skills and hobbies to achieve that, instead of convincing themselves that they're say Anubis, Lestat and the Angel of Death all at the same time (true story, I went to school with this guy)

*imagines Anpu as Kemetic Lestat*

...PFFF BWAHAHA! rofl

Hmm, I wonder if he'd like that? I don't really have a relationship with him, but from other follower's UPG he sounds more patient and wise than the egotistical Lestat.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games