Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:50 pm
rmcdra
Quote:
"Fluff-bunnies" are those who
(1) present what other Pagans regard as an overly sweetness-and-light image of Wicca and/or Paganism;
(2) still believe that Wicca is an intact "Old Religion," descended from prehistoric times via Margarent Murray's hypothetical underground "witch cult," though the more educated Wiccans have come to realize that Murray's "witch cult" probably never existed;
(3) cling to ideological security blankets; and
(4) have a general tendency toward intellectual laziness.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/dvera/pagan/anti-fluff.html

Fluff bunnies are those who attack others for their views. Who persecute, and argue with others who have their own ideas.

I showed this place to Tea a while ago. We thought this was pretty funny/ironic as well. biggrin

I was tempted to join up and try to point out some things or try to bring reason to the table, but alas, I'm pretty lazy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:08 pm
AniMajor
I suppose if you look at it that way, then it's not really that she's been reincarnated, but instead that she's really in two or more places at once. Which brings up the interesting problem of how much Rose Tyler the LJ girl actually contains. Did her soul split and anywhere from several to thousands are a little bit Rose Tyler? Would both of us contain a little Rose Tyler, and if so, why when I watch Doctor Who I don't get any feelings of knowing the story (except when it gets a little predictable)?

Ah, but if relative to that discrete soul she has already been that person and is now a different person, in that case it is a reincarnation... sorta. From the perspective of that soul, it is in one location, however, it does realize that relative to itself, it was someone who is current and will have died in the future to free it up for current incarnation. For the timestream as a whole, two versions of the same soul, one which has existed longer are present. However, they are no longer the same... assuming accumulation from past lives.

This is all very theoretical of course.  

Fiddlers Green

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:35 pm
Calelith
Celeblin Galadeneryn
maenad nuri
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Calelith
Quote:
*gasp* deep breath, I'm in here where I'm safe. Damn pagan fluffy rehab guild. More like a rehab for fluffy pagans.

Figured you all would love to read that one
Um, yeah. It is rehab for fluffy pagans.... that would be the description.... People are dumb. What guild is this in?

EDIT: I found it. Did that person ever talk to us? I know her not at all.

Linky? Nuri loves watching people try to make fun of us.
Link's already in here funnily enough. It's that Dark Paganism guild advertised in the flanderisation thread, the chatterbox thread.

Yeah, that's right people. We see you.

rofl
One of the members of that guild worships a Celtic God. The guild leader of that guild worships an Egyptian God and a Celtic Goddess I believe.

Worshipping deities of different pantheons is frowned upon, is it not?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:38 pm
ShadowCatSoul

The problem with that one was the Celtic deity in the mix. Gael gods are what's called "closed tradition", and do not "branch out" to outsiders (having no gael heritage), no matter how devoted they might be. Something about cultural purity law(s) too, I think.

That's the quick and possibly oversimplified version at least.  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:32 pm
Taliah
ShadowCatSoul

The problem with that one was the Celtic deity in the mix. Gael gods are what's called "closed tradition", and do not "branch out" to outsiders (having no gael heritage), no matter how devoted they might be. Something about cultural purity law(s) too, I think.

But are they jealous? If one is of Gaelic heritage and culture, then could that person worship within the Gael pantheon and also within another pantheon?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:33 pm
Aino Ailill
Taliah
ShadowCatSoul

But are they jealous? If one is of Gaelic heritage and culture, then could that person worship within the Gael pantheon and also within another pantheon?

What she means is, unless that girl is Gael (and lives in Ireland I believe, since they are tied to the Earth, sea, and air around Ireland...if I remember correctly), she cannot worship Celtic Gods/Goddesses.

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:34 pm
Collowrath
rmcdra
Quote:
"Fluff-bunnies" are those who
(1) present what other Pagans regard as an overly sweetness-and-light image of Wicca and/or Paganism;
(2) still believe that Wicca is an intact "Old Religion," descended from prehistoric times via Margarent Murray's hypothetical underground "witch cult," though the more educated Wiccans have come to realize that Murray's "witch cult" probably never existed;
(3) cling to ideological security blankets; and
(4) have a general tendency toward intellectual laziness.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/dvera/pagan/anti-fluff.html

Fluff bunnies are those who attack others for their views. Who persecute, and argue with others who have their own ideas.

I showed this place to Tea a while ago. We thought this was pretty funny/ironic as well. biggrin

I was tempted to join up and try to point out some things or try to bring reason to the table, but alas, I'm pretty lazy.
Mostly ironic.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:35 pm
Calelith
Aino Ailill
Taliah
ShadowCatSoul

What she means is, unless that girl is Gael (and lives in Ireland I believe, since they are tied to the Earth, sea, and air around Ireland...if I remember correctly), she cannot worship Celtic Gods/Goddesses.

I get that. I was asking a separate question.  

Aino Ailill

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:52 pm
Aino Ailill
I get that. I was asking a separate question.
Scorplett worships the gods of her land and the gods of her cult for what it is worth.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:16 pm
I first met Taliesin not too long agowhen I went out too greet Him, he took me on a wild and crazy shapeshifting run! He took my hand, and we became wolves, as I followed Him, we shapeshifted into rabbis, then ducks, crows, stags, and boars. By the time it was done, He turned around and kissed me much to my amazement! Before walking into a bare tree and dissappearing, a few days ago, I felt His presence hovering over me and I sort of saw Him. He was coming down to kiss me again, and I felt an enormous amount of sexual energy coming from Him..I was feeling pretty crappy about myself that day, and told Him, that I wasn't really fit for Him. I got a flirtatious wink, and He left me to my book. Has anyone ever had a deity, well besideslove deities come down to "play"?  

patch99329

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 pm
patch99329
I first met Taliesin not too long agowhen I went out too greet Him, he took me on a wild and crazy shapeshifting run!

we shapeshifted into rabbis

eek OY VEY!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:00 am
'Not tonight Taliesin, I have a headache' xd  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:22 am
Cyrus the Elder
patch99329
I first met Taliesin not too long agowhen I went out too greet Him, he took me on a wild and crazy shapeshifting run!

we shapeshifted into rabbis

eek OY VEY!
Fluffy Bunnies.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:43 pm
Quote:
Helen of Troy was not a queen! scream

erm... her husband was king of sparta, so would that not make her a queen confused

i don't remember where i found this, or who said it... i don't even think e was pagan, but still... seems it had something to do with the new rig.  

whiporwill-o

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:35 pm
Quote:
3 things here buddy

1. I'm a reiki master and can prove distance healing
2. I'm a psychic vampire and can prove they exist
3. I'm a reptillian shapeshifter and can enter your dreams

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games