Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:33 am
TeaDidikai
Someone explain this logic to me.

My co-worker grew up without having so much as met someone who is Rroma until me.

I am too pale, therefore the Rroma are not an ethnicity, let alone something he can understand in common terms as race.

Therefore- G~ isn't a slur.
I love stupid logic.

Hey Tea, you vaguely resemble my father's family, so you're actually of French Canadian/German stock. Cus I didn't meet someone who is Rroma to my knowledge until you either.

LOGIC! *monocles*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:51 am
TeaDidikai

My co-worker grew up without having so much as met someone who is Rroma until me.

I am too pale, therefore the Rroma are not an ethnicity, let alone something he can understand in common terms as race.

Privilege and entitlement often require some of the most twisted and blatantly stupid logic in existence to justify them. x_x This is an obvious case of that.  

Recursive Paradox

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:45 pm
Kuroiban
whiporwill-o
i bothers me, nay, angers me, that the creationists i know refuse to acknowlegde scientific fact. and whats worse is that they get me so flustered that lose my sense of reasoning and the best arguement i can muster into words is "because it just is". gonk

When people opt to ignore logic, reasoning, and the like in favor of what makes them feel better in the morning, you have two basic options.

1) Leave them to their ignorance.
2) Fight their ignorance.

It's your call, just realize any headaches you take up from that point on are the ones you decided to take.

A lesson I learned the hard way.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:38 pm
TeaDidikai

The person's lack of personal experience leaves them with a limited perspective, derived almost exclusively from popular culture stereotyping. whether related (to their lack of experience) or not, they share a lack of concern regarding the history of your particular ethnicity.
Their own ignorance and lack of concern to correct it is then coupled with (some would say preyed upon by) stereotyped misconceptions which have been, and currently are being, widely disseminated.
This is all compounded by those who actively maintain the stance that g~ refers to a life/clothing/music/art-style rather than an ethnic group.

By establishing a point, you are now judged by this person's preconceptions. They find you do not share enough traits with their hemn model of a g~. In failing to conform to this person's preconceptions, they they have now categorized you as a font of false information, it is a simple and all too common follow up. Your points are wrong because you are wrong. We've seen this particular logical fallacy time and again.

Mind you, this is barely rooted conjecture on my part based on what I have read about the matter, and my own observations regarding human behavioral habits that seem contextually appropriate. They may have a behavioral/thought anomaly I am unaware of.
~shrugs~  

Fiddlers Green

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:44 am
So, when I wanted back in, Bi was too gay for the Army.
Now that we need 30k more troops and I speak a language directly related to Dari (a language spoken in Afghanistan) my lack of gender preference is a matter that doesn't matter. This smacks of an abusive relationship. However, like the good little co-dependent I am, I'm falling for it. The Army, my nation... they need me. I don't mind if the hate me and speak poorly of me and consider me a lesser creature. It's alright, really. They mean well, and they can't manage without me... they promise to do better, they're making progress.
Maybe if I sacrifice more for them, maybe if I bleed more for them, then they'll love me the way I love them. They'll see how much I love them. Even if they don't, that's okay. Sometimes love hurts. Sometimes we aren't loved by the ones we love. It doesn't matter. Love means caring about someone more than I care about myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:57 am
Fiddlers Green
Now that we need 30k more troops and I speak a language directly related to Dari (a language spoken in Afghanistan) my lack of gender preference is a matter that doesn't matter. This smacks of an abusive relationship. However, like the good little co-dependent I am, I'm falling for it. The Army, my nation... they need me. I don't mind if the hate me and speak poorly of me and consider me a lesser creature. It's alright, really. They mean well, and they can't manage without me... they promise to do better, they're making progress.
Maybe if I sacrifice more for them, maybe if I bleed more for them, then they'll love me the way I love them. They'll see how much I love them. Even if they don't, that's okay. Sometimes love hurts. Sometimes we aren't loved by the ones we love. It doesn't matter. Love means caring about someone more than I care about myself.
Your strength is awesome, and I mean that in the original sense of the word.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:07 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Fiddlers Green

I second this  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:41 pm
Not really a rant, more of a personal pity party.

Gah, I'm a failure. First time doing retro-orbitals for a PI today since my last miserable failure and the first mouse I do I sieze up and can't do it. It's a good thing one of my co-workers was there as back up. I ended up doing somewhere between 10 and 20 mice, but I looked like an idiot sweatdrop  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:46 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

I'd have used the word fearsome, but that may just be me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:34 pm
Ok, one of my employees has just pissed me off to no end... I have a scenario for everyone and please tell me in your opinion is the correct thing to do.

You are an employee. There is a function that you forgot about and you could not ask off for it. The policy for having someone cover your shift for you is ask someone who can do the same things you do and have the manager (me) approve it. So, you find a suitable person and you approach your manager with your situation and ask if so-and-so can cover for you. I approve the coverage. Time passes in that day and the person that is covering for you, has realized that there is a day in the same week that they have also forgotten that needed off. (May I mention that the employees that work for me are not the brightest at times...) So in repayment you offer this person coverage for that shift in exchange for yours. You two again approach me with the situation. I am now slightly confused and irritated but I approve.

The day comes that you are covering for your coverage (sorry if I just lost you) and you can't make it because you told your sister that you would watch her new born baby. And you have known this for sometime....

This is where I become angry. If you knew that you couldn't cover why would you offer? And why would you even bother trying to bargain with your manager after you have just screwed her over?

Basically what has just happened is that I have been taken advantage of, again, by this employee because they are too irresponsible and lazy to work when are scheduled to work... stare

Opinions on this matter? I am a very patient and forgiving person but this has become a "shame on me shame on you" scenario... *commences headache of death*  

bones89

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:16 pm
CuAnnan
Celeblin Galadeneryn

I'd have used the word fearsome, but that may just be me.

etymology online
awe
c.1200, from O.N. agi "fright," from P.Gmc. *agiz- (cf. O.E. ege "fear," O.H.G. agiso "fright, terror," Goth. agis "fear, anguish"), from PIE *agh-es- (cf. Gk. akhos "pain, grief"), from base *agh- "to be depressed, be afraid" (see ail). Current sense of "dread mixed with veneration" is due to biblical use with ref. to the Supreme Being. The verb is first attested c.1300. Awe-inspiring is recorded from 1814.

wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:38 pm
bones89
Ok, one of my employees has just pissed me off to no end... I have a scenario for everyone and please tell me in your opinion is the correct thing to do.

You are an employee. There is a function that you forgot about and you could not ask off for it. The policy for having someone cover your shift for you is ask someone who can do the same things you do and have the manager (me) approve it. So, you find a suitable person and you approach your manager with your situation and ask if so-and-so can cover for you. I approve the coverage. Time passes in that day and the person that is covering for you, has realized that there is a day in the same week that they have also forgotten that needed off. (May I mention that the employees that work for me are not the brightest at times...) So in repayment you offer this person coverage for that shift in exchange for yours. You two again approach me with the situation. I am now slightly confused and irritated but I approve.

The day comes that you are covering for your coverage (sorry if I just lost you) and you can't make it because you told your sister that you would watch her new born baby. And you have known this for sometime....

This is where I become angry. If you knew that you couldn't cover why would you offer? And why would you even bother trying to bargain with your manager after you have just screwed her over?

Basically what has just happened is that I have been taken advantage of, again, by this employee because they are too irresponsible and lazy to work when are scheduled to work... stare

Opinions on this matter? I am a very patient and forgiving person but this has become a "shame on me shame on you" scenario... *commences headache of death*

Write the "babysitter" up, would be my suggestion.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:11 pm
bones89
If you knew that you couldn't cover why would you offer?
Because they are human and they forgot. If you, as a manager, have never ever not even once made a scheduling error, good for you. If you have, take a step back, take a deep breath, and do what you can to cover the shortage. That's why you get paid to be a manager after all.

Quote:

And why would you even bother trying to bargain with your manager after you have just screwed her over?
Because life happens.

Quote:

If you think the individual is a manipulative a*****e, that's one thing. But if this is an honest matter of "Hoshit, life! It's out to get me!", then take into account that it is your responsibility to handle situations like this.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:49 pm
Speaking of work, I am weaning myself off of overtime....the pay is just so damn good, it's hard to stop, but I am literally making myself sick. I was miserable yesterday.

But, work, please stop with the making me pissed off. No work meetings, no mentorship meetings, canceling anything, strongly worded "please do an hour of overtime so management can do performance reviews" emails, weeklong backlogs in operations and starting to get really incompetent coworkers -- all that, I can handle. But what is seriously pissing me off?

Theres a long standing tradition of the Team Holiday Party. You get some paid time off the phones, the whole team goes to lunch and work pays for it. Because of how busy it is, they decided to cancel it. For every team. They vow to replace it.

What did they replace it with? A catered bbq lunch that was mostly cold when I finally got to it, that was done during our lunch break.

...so no paid time off the phone, no extra time off the phone, and cold food. Real morale-booster, there.

I'm good at my job, so I can work with the irate customers, Operations likes me so I can get the worst of the problems fixed, but come on, we need a little break here and there. Upper management thinks this went off without a hitch! They need to spend some time down here in the low-paid area.  

maenad nuri
Captain

bones89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:55 pm
TeaDidikai I totally agree with you (I have calmed down now) but if it were not for the fact that she is a repeat offender, I wouldn't have gotten so upset. Like I said I am actually a really patient and forgiving/understanding person. Why then do we keep her around? Well, because I have been over-ruled when discussing firing her. My boss is more forgiving than I am.

Basically this was a situation where I could no longer bite my tongue and not get upset. We are all human and we all mess up. I mess up all the time! But I know where, when and how to correct myself. Like tomorrow, because of my mistake I have to come in and cover for an employee so I don't screw over the other manager I work with. So yes, I was a little harsh but it was more of a boil over rather than an explosion.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games