Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:32 am
There was the short thought of why it matter who know Adam how well before she ignored it, didn't matter really though in the long run to Phoenix, though she did write down something. It was a question, one that she thought most likely had nothing to do with any of this, but she wanted to know anyway.

'One person, now a nice dead b*****d, kept mentioning a name I don't know, Menthol, methos? Wanted to know if I knew someone by that name.' So there were a few places she scribbled out, out of thinking mostly, or over sharking for the first part.

"To know a person completely is impossible, try being more specific, but then you cannot in this setting, so why ask the question?" Luana was apparently collected again, at lest out of her silent spell and in good standing again, her words directed to Gaston more then anyone else.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:46 am
Booth watched Phoenix write, a puzzled expression on his face, but when he saw the name "methos" a brow arched. He held out a hand for the note. "Let's find out," he said to her.

Mac proceded to outline their theory of Watchers who had abandoned their oaths, some banding with their Immortals to affect the Game. He suspected heavy backing behind a participating Immortal.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:12 am
"I don't need to be more specific because I'm sure MacLeod took my meaning the first time." Gaston responds. That, and it's not really his place to go spouting off Methos' true identity if it's not absolutely necessary.

He crosses his arms at the mention of some Immortal doing all the brainstorming behind Adam's disappearance. "Well, there's someone who's not long for this world."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:48 am
She tore the paper out of the notebook and handed it to him, no problem, besides she had been planning on handing it to someone anyway.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:55 am
Mat took a thing of beer, he was more a liquor person himself, but after all this, hey it worked out well enough for him, he really only caught the tale end of the whole 'watcher' thing, and couldn't say he was all that surprised. "Random question here I think. Can I ask what they would have to gain by messing with someone? Is it entertainment value or something? I know something was mentioned about research Adam might have, but what good does that do them?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:24 pm
Booth smiled at Phoenix as he took the note, and then headed toward the bar and Joe with it.

"They tried to take Luana alive," Mac said to Mat as he continued to outline his theory. As he spoke he became increasingly angry and uncomfortable. "I suspect to bring her to whoever their favoured Immortal might be. Her age gives her power that would benefit someone greatly."

Joe took the note from Booth, read it, and scowled. Taking out his cell phone, he hobbled toward the back to quietly make a few calls. Booth watched him go curiously.

"They sent four Immortals to kill Adam," Mac continued, "but al Beik was his intended challenger. The other three were back-up." He looked intently at Mat. "Someone -- probably several someones -- had a lot of money riding on al Beik. What's to be gained, Matthew? If you back the right Immortal, money, power... depending on what the outcome of this stupid Game we're supposedly playing, even a slice of the whole damn world."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Luana shook her head, age, age was always to annoying in the long run. "Past the history lesson, any leads on who? Anyway to find leads?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:54 am
"That's why I'm telling you all this," Duncan said, rubbing his eyes with tension. "Two of you were targeted already. Some of you," and here he glanced at Geno, "may yet be targeted. I was also hoping the renegades might have let something slip, something they said in front of one of you..."

Joe approached Duncan and quietly handed him Phoenix's note. "I've made some inquiries at HQ," he said. "I can't be sure, but I think I'm getting the run-around."

"You think that someone who knows..." Mac began.

"I suspect a lot more Watchers know about Adam than should," Joe finished grimly.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:14 am
As Adam fought of the effects of the sleeping drug yet again, he became aware of a sticky, cloying, coppery smell. Blood, he thought, not opening his eyes yet. Mine, probably.

His two captors had played around with the knife and various other weapons until they had become bored with the phenomenon and drugged him so they could get something to eat. But now Adam frowned as he listened. The room was as silent as the grave -- There's a cheery thought! -- and no sounds of eating or conversation came from anywhere nearby.

Am I alone? He slowly opened his eyes. No... There's someone, something here... Over the smell of blood there slowly crawled a stench, like the bowels of an abatoir... the air of things dead and slaughtered... riding in on a creeping red fog that roiled from under the closed door and tried to choke him with its foulness. Cruel laughter echoed around him as the door open to more fetid fog, and the "rockstar" of his nightmares strode in.

"Methos!" he cried cheerfully. "No love for your brother? You remember Kronos, surely!"

Adam grit his teeth. "This is a dream," he told himself. "Only a dream. Dreams don't exist." He repeated the litany to himself over and over, as if he could will Kronos away.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:55 am
Gaston downs the measure of rum fairly quickly, savoring the warmth of the alcohol as a momentary relief to a stressful day. He hears Joe and Duncan converse. "So someone who found out one way or another has been talking to people. Adam will NOT appreciate the leak."

He looks back and forth between people, ready to get going. "So what do we do? I would suggest we put someone out there AS a target." A beat. "Make the assholes come to us. Wait until our 'target' is attacked, swoop in, nab the attacker, and make them talk. From there, we can decide on a next step. Just a thought."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Geno Roads

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:02 am
Geno stood there, a smile slowly creeping across his lips. Geno than decided to speak up. "I like your idea, Mr.Marceau." He said taking a step up towards Gaston. "And I volunteer to be the 'target'" He stated, looking around at the other Immortals and people. "I have known Adam longer than any of you and I volunteer to be the target." He did not mean that last comment as anything. It more was fact than not. He had known Adam for about 4,500 years or so but none of them knew that, yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:16 pm
Mac considered Gaston's idea and Geno's offer, but his expression was less than enthusiastic. "It's a good idea," he admitted, "and one I'd given some thought to, but here's the problem. To bet on the outcome of something, there needs to be at least two opposing parties, each one backing a potential winner who may or may not be aware of the situation.

"Geno, you could very well be a target. Or you could be a favourite, and therefore a target of others. Would they send an Immortal to take your Quickening, or try to kidnap you to 'feed' to another? Is that what they've done with Adam? We have no way of knowing if who comes after you are the same ones who have him... I don't think we have the time to gamble."

Duncan pulled a face. He had not intended to use the word "gamble." "Sorry," he snorted. "Anyway, here's my idea. Joe, if you can get a list of potentially involved Watchers... I think it's time the Immortals watch the Watchers. Let them lead us to Adam. Yes?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:39 pm
"An amusing idea, I suppose I was rushed in killing the fool then." Oh well, Luana had been in a bit of a rush to be truthful, besides she had no way to know the guy would have been helpful, pity.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:56 pm
Gaston scratches at his burgeoning beard and nods along with what Duncan says. "That's probably a good idea...you can probably start with whoever was assigned to al Biek and work from there."

He looks towards Geno and chuckles. "It seems you beat me to the punch, there. Since it was my idea, I'd have been inclined to volunteer as well. Hopefully, if this whole tracking down thing works, neither of us will have to."

Back to Duncan and Joe. "Is there anything I can do to help in the meantime? I've had to do a lot of similar things at work, and I'm going a little nuts with all the waiting. I'd rather be at least a little productive, is all."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Geno Roads

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:23 pm
Geno smiled at Gaston's response. He then walks over and gets a chair from one of the tables and sits down, crossing his arms and resting his chin on them. "If you guys do not mind, I do not care if I lose my head." He smirks at this. "I have been alive long enough and seen things that would of drove any mortal insane." His eyes close half way as he mind shifts through his past memories. "And Adam is a very close friend of mine and I would gladly give my head to save him." He turns his head and faces the group. He gives them a big grin. "Can any of you guess my age?" He asked, hoping one of them might have a clue.  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff