Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:33 am
Well, the "other" gods are still in the fantasy universe and pretty well represented, it's just that most writers tend to stick to the big gods out there. One of the short stories in the Vampire Genevieve starts with a priest of Solkan and some of his daily rituals. The second book of the Witch Hunter series gives a good idea of the Templars of Morr, whom are not pasty monks in black robes. That book also goes on for a bit about the priests of the goddess of mercy and healing, before all are sadly burned alive.

The thing with Zaragoz is, it takes place outside of the Empire, so away with Sigmar and Ulric. I liked how in the Ambassedor Chronicles the Kisletives told Kaspar that his "puny" god held no power over the lands of the bear god.

The Death on the Reik series has thus far also been a nice read. I like how Mitchell let's the main character go through certain nuggets of info which made the reader think the obvious, but also the main character himself, only to discard it as soemthing that wouldn't happen anyway. It may be a bit on the slow side for some, but it's a nice low of things, maybe a bit like Konrad, from how beginnings into becoming what he is then.

I'm not sure of the future books to come. The February releases have caught my eye though, a new Cain book, a new Necromunda novel and finally, a novel combining pirates, undead and almost any other cliche about pirates.

March, well I want to get a copy of the Last Chancers. Even though I already have the three novels, I want to read all the short stories that happened before and in between the novels. Also, author introductions! Almost like buying a directors cut of a movie. Inheritance, a new vampire novel. Something I will read as I'm a sucker for vamps. Then there's Faith and Fire, a first in Adepta Sororitas novelisation, I'll be suprised if it's any good. I wasn't a big fan of the Blood Angel novels, so who knows?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:20 am
I haven't read all of the books you mentioned, but I'll get around to it, maybe just skim for the parts I'm really interested in.

Kislev does have some awesome gods. If I had to follow any of the "good" Warhammer gods, it would be Law first, Kislev second, and Empire third.

Once again, I still have to read those. I imagined it being a lot like what Konrad was for the first incarnation of WFRP. Konrad really goes through all the careers and stuff, and from what I've heard so does Death on the Reik. I'm also a Sandy Mitchell fan.

Let's see, for February, I'm going to get the new Caine book, Fell Cargo, The Sororitas book and Inheritance. I'll save the Last Chancers for later, probably Ebay (cheaper). As for reading them, I'll just add them to the list, which has now gone up another three. I just got the Slaves of Darkness books today, the ones by Gav. And I still have to finish the Orfeo trilogy (I'm on book 2). I'm a sucker for trilogies.  

berserker_girl

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:43 pm
anyone else picked up Conquest of Armageddon yet, im finding it a bit dull so far. It seems very out of tune with its prelude  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:54 pm
Mat
anyone else picked up Conquest of Armageddon yet, im finding it a bit dull so far. It seems very out of tune with its prelude

I thought about picking it up lastnight, but I'm having my doubts. Its deffinately longer than the first one, and there's been a helluva long time in between. Tell me if it's really worth reading when you're done!  

berserker_girl

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:36 am
well i must say its taken a turn for the interesting now that a Kroot has appeared now i must read the whole thing to figure out what the hell is going on  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:33 pm
Mat
well i must say its taken a turn for the interesting now that a Kroot has appeared now i must read the whole thing to figure out what the hell is going on

Kroot? eek What next, a Zoat? rolleyes  

berserker_girl

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:09 am
What? Did I just see something about Caiphas Caine? When did that book come out?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:22 am
Syrina Ravinsk
What? Did I just see something about Caiphas Caine? When did that book come out?

The latest one is coming out in February.  

berserker_girl

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:52 am
Current line of BL previews are cheap as s**t. Old book extracts were pretty long and gave the reader something of a taste, but the current line of extracts are too short in my opinion. I've read the extract of both Fell Cargo and Death or Glory and both were pityfully short. But, enough of a taste for me to create interest in both novels.

As for Hammers of Ulric, it's quite suprising to see the three authors of the book each stamp out their own kind of stories. I especially like the stories about the priest of Morr, told form first person perspective. It's almost done though, meaning that I'll ahve to venture out again to find me some new reading materials.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:39 pm
I just finished Dues Encarmine from the Blood Angels 2 part series. pretty good, but i think my favorite chapter is still the UltraMarines or Imperial Fists. the Fists need a good series. maybe with Lex from the Inquisition War, to show me survived.  

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:40 pm
Syrina Ravinsk
I just finished Dues Encarmine from the Blood Angels 2 part series. pretty good, but i think my favorite chapter is still the UltraMarines or Imperial Fists. the Fists need a good series. maybe with Lex from the Inquisition War, to show me survived.

That would be one helluva story, bringing him back from the depths of the Black Library! Should it be done? Maybe... if a good plot can be cooked up. I'd hate to see him come back and then get buggered with a bad story.

Will they, in reality, bring him back? Probably not... sadly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:27 pm
I would like to se if Grimm and Lex survived Meh'Lindi though...and if Draco's spirit can gain a body or something.  

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:52 pm
Syrina Ravinsk
I would like to se if Grimm and Lex survived Meh'Lindi though...and if Draco's spirit can gain a body or something.

Those are big if's that won't happen in most likelyness. Ian himself said in the introduction of the novel that he could wrap it up with a happy end, but decided against it. It's better that they are lost to el warpo. Besides, Draco's only way of getting a body is through the tarot card, which he destroyed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:41 am
Syrina Ravinsk

Its been a long time since I read those books, but I think Lex and Grimm survived. Well, sort of, does being lost in the webway count as survival?  

berserker_girl

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:43 pm
well they had i plan and the means to accomplish it. I would imagine that they did survive at least until they made it back to that one planet with the titan battle in progress  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games