Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oryn

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:25 am
Speaking of casting, does anyone know how to cast your minis? And if there's clear resin or plastic easily available? I've had this image of some see-through Stealth Suits drifting through my mind for a while.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:19 am
you can buy resin pretty cheap, as it goes. Most big hobby stores should carry it.  

Ophiuchus

Elemantl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:56 am
Ok, I'm turning Dinosaurs into various beasts of burden for my Feral Ork army. GOt most everything planned out, but the only toy I have large enough to make the biggest category of Squiggoth (12" or more in length) is an old T-Rex model made from incredibly tough plastic. I might as well be trying to cut stone as cut this beast's legs to rearrange them. So he's a 2-legged Squiggoth without the customary flat surface to put a howda onto for the gun emplacments. Any ideas on good things to put on a slantily surfaced back? The onyl things I have done so far are the base paint coat and the grot handler hanging for dear life to a chain from his mouth. He needs three Big Gunz mounted to him, Kannons specifically. Also some makeshift body armor from card is already underway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:59 am
Oryn
Speaking of casting, does anyone know how to cast your minis? And if there's clear resin or plastic easily available? I've had this image of some see-through Stealth Suits drifting through my mind for a while.
here try these links. There is a materials list and a links bit to where to get them just surf the site...

http://www.hirstarts.com/casting/plastic.html

http://www.hirstarts.com/moldmake/moldmaking.html  

Lozt_1

WalkingTree

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:18 pm
Lozt_1
Oryn
here try these links. There is a materials list and a links bit to where to get them just surf the site...

Hirstarts is wonderful.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:33 pm
WalkingTree
Lozt_1
Oryn

Hirstarts is wonderful.
Indeed I am soon to have an army of whirlwinds...  

Lozt_1

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:44 pm
Heres one of my favorite conversions, I replaced Karandras's Scorpions Claw with something a bit more intimidating.

User Image

I used the large claw from one of the 3rd edition Space Marine tanks, the claws that went on the dozer blades, then added a somewhat converted Shuriken Catapult onto it. (for those that dont know, a classic Scorpions Claw looks like what THIS fellow has.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:09 pm
DarkElf27
Heres one of my favorite conversions, I replaced Karandras's Scorpions Claw with something a bit more intimidating.

User Image

I used the large claw from one of the 3rd edition Space Marine tanks, the claws that went on the dozer blades, then added a somewhat converted Shuriken Catapult onto it. (for those that dont know, a classic Scorpions Claw looks like what THIS fellow has.)

That is intimidating, nice convo DarkElf!  

Angelic_Executioner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:25 pm
Something_Fierce
DarkElf27

User Image

Albeit its somewhat wasted, considering thye model itself is very poorly painted...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:41 pm
DarkElf27
Something_Fierce
DarkElf27

User Image

Albeit its somewhat wasted, considering thye model itself is very poorly painted...

Its the thought and effor that counts. It looks TTQ to me, and that's better than nothing.  

Angelic_Executioner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:17 pm
Something_Fierce
DarkElf27
Something_Fierce
DarkElf27

User Image

Its the thought and effor that counts. It looks TTQ to me, and that's better than nothing.
TTQ?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:35 pm
DarkElf27
Something_Fierce
DarkElf27
Something_Fierce
DarkElf27

User Image

TTQ?

Table Top Quality. Atleast three colours, minimal shading, and a flocked base are the usual standards.  

Angelic_Executioner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:00 pm
Something_Fierce
DarkElf27
Something_Fierce
DarkElf27
Something_Fierce
DarkElf27

User Image

TTQ?

Table Top Quality. Atleast three colours, minimal shading, and a flocked base are the usual standards.
It barely meets those... I really need to get around to repainting it...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:39 pm
well one thing I've noticed is alot of people that convert ork dreads make it so the boy is popping out the top and frankly most of them look like the boy can just get up and out of it when ever he wants to, and if you read it says thay wire him into the machine so it moves instead of his body, so I made my own dread that you can clearly see he's wired into it and here it is.

I gave him removable armour plates for when he has different upgrades and all his weapons are interchangiable

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

and here he is with out the armour plating

User Image

User Image
and this is on his base
User Image

well there he is and I painted it like a Blood Angels Dread cause I'm always fighting them and almost always atleast blow up there dreads blaugh blaugh blaugh  

Drakeoss Dragoon

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:24 pm
the pics no load  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games