Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Television! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Behatzlacha-S

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:43 am
Do we have an Only Fools and Horses thread?
I pray no one remakes it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:40 am
Why? Do you find the show that bad?  

woolie

Gracious Citizen

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:39 pm
Behatzlacha-S
Do we have an Only Fools and Horses thread?
I pray no one remakes it.

Nah. iirc Doctor Who/Torchwood got its own thread because so many posts in this thread were about it. Only Fools and Horses doesn't get discussed much (feel free to make a thread for it, though, but it'll probably die within a few weeks).

What does everyone think of Merlin? Is it just me, but don't the BBC seem to be in a position where they can just make the most awful dross and market it as 'family', and people will think it's genuinely fantastic? I'm not saying it's terrible, but I don't know. It's not very good either.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:54 am
woolie
Why? Do you find the show that bad?

No! I found it amazing!
It's just remakes are often crap.  

Behatzlacha-S

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

woolie

Gracious Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:37 am
Oh. I thought you meant remaking the thread, not the show. I agree with remakes always being worse than the original.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:50 pm
'Have I Got News For You' Especially when Brian Blessed is guest host. Absolutely hilarious!

GORDENS ALIVE! whee  

Veterus

Unforgiving Elder

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Galamian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:35 pm
I recently discovered a British reality TV series on channel four.... which is good!
(Shock, horror!)

It goes by the title of 'Coach Trip' and is basically a competition to see who can survive longest on a coach trip round Europe without being voted out by the other contestants. It sounds like a laim idea, but somehow it's actually not only addictive, but pretty darn funny too!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:06 am
I love Ninja Warrior on Virgin1. It's really awesome, it airs on Challenge too.

I also love Family Guy on BBC Three. Looking forward to Harper's Island tomorrow. Don't forget We Are Klang.... I just LOVE it!  

Elemental Avatar Dratini

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:13 am
Some old but very well done television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T_VBa9krlk

It really shows up how pathetic recent attempts to cover wars have been. "Occupation" by the BBC, for example, was turd.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:16 am
It's already been mentioned, but I have to brng up Skins. It's just my personal favorite. I'm watching it right now, so it was fresh in my mind. It's sad, because it's better than American teen TV shows, but the cast changes every 2 seasons. I hate it. I loved Jal and Tony and Chris and all of them.  

Blue Eyed Wallflower

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Behatzlacha-S

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:57 pm
Blue Eyed Wallflower
It's already been mentioned, but I have to brng up Skins. It's just my personal favorite. I'm watching it right now, so it was fresh in my mind. It's sad, because it's better than American teen TV shows, but the cast changes every 2 seasons. I hate it. I loved Jal and Tony and Chris and all of them.

The order from best to worst series, in my opinion, would be 2 - 1 - 3.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:08 am
There seems to be absolutely nothing on tv, iPlayer has a few things...but I increasingly seem to be driven to Radio4 for anything interesting.

Am I alone in this?

neutral  

Invictus_88
Captain

Behatzlacha-S

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:54 pm
Invictus_88
There seems to be absolutely nothing on tv, iPlayer has a few things...but I increasingly seem to be driven to Radio4 for anything interesting.

Am I alone in this?

neutral

No, my senile father joins with you in this pursuit.
I'll stick to my books and art as my primary means of entertainment.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:50 am
Time for a volte face!

Newspapers frequently stick the knife into the licence fee, but the BBC - for all its sins - allows some really very good television.

Has anyone else here watched any of the "Dinner with Portillo" series? The most recent one was quite interesting, and very easy to listen to. Not at all like the shouty crassness or dreary dullness of so much political fare.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ptkjg/b00ptkbv/Dinner_with_Portillo_Is_It_Dishonourable_to_Publish_a_Political_Diary/  

Invictus_88
Captain

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas